Jump to content
Ray&Ash

I-129F November Dec 2016 Filers Tracking for K1

16 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am made to believe reading all the blogs and forums online that November December is a slow time for Visa processing and Aug Sep is a faster time. 

This might be due to Xmas and New year holidays. 

Any November or December Filers here who have received their NOA2 for i-129F? 

Let's track our timelines here and see when we shall be next in line for some good news :) 

All the best to the couples here (L) Happy 2017!

 


09 Dec 2016 - i-129F Package Sent
12 Dec 2016 - Case Received
17 Dec 2016 - NOA - 1

20 Mar 2017 - NOA - 2 Approved! 

06 Apr 2017 - NVC Receive and Case Number # 

11 Apr 2017 - Case In Transit

13 Apr 2017 - Case 'Ready'

20 Apr 2017 - Medical Checkup Done

03 May 2017 - Visa Interview - Approved

17 May 2017 - Visa Ready for Pickup! 

12 June 2017 - Port of Entry

*************** AOS **************

02 Aug 2017 -  Case Received for I-485, AP and EAD

08 Aug 2017 - NOA-1

28 Aug 2017 - Biometrics Appointment

01 Nov 2017 - EAD 'New card is being produced'

03 Nov 2017 - Card is mailed

08 Nov 2017 - Combo Card receieved

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using the Case Tracker app, I did some searches, and compared it to the data here on VJ. NOA2s have been accepted for people up to mid November. Some from earlier are still pending, and there's probably at least one somewhere after that if I searched long enough, but mid-November  (11th-15th-ish?) is where I started to notice something. I'd love to search more, but I've been IP banned for several days in the past due to too much searching, and I don't want to overstay my welcome again. haha

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/17/18: Approved

?/?/?: Green card received

 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/17: sent

12/14/17: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, geowrian said:

Using the Case Tracker app, I did some searches, and compared it to the data here on VJ. NOA2s have been accepted for people up to mid November. Some from earlier are still pending, and there's probably at least one somewhere after that if I searched long enough, but mid-November  (11th-15th-ish?) is where I started to notice something. I'd love to search more, but I've been IP banned for several days in the past due to too much searching, and I don't want to overstay my welcome again. haha

 

So safe to assume that the processing time for Nov Dec filers is approx 6 weeks or more? 

So we all don't need to start feeling anxious before 6 weeks of NAO1 :) 

 


09 Dec 2016 - i-129F Package Sent
12 Dec 2016 - Case Received
17 Dec 2016 - NOA - 1

20 Mar 2017 - NOA - 2 Approved! 

06 Apr 2017 - NVC Receive and Case Number # 

11 Apr 2017 - Case In Transit

13 Apr 2017 - Case 'Ready'

20 Apr 2017 - Medical Checkup Done

03 May 2017 - Visa Interview - Approved

17 May 2017 - Visa Ready for Pickup! 

12 June 2017 - Port of Entry

*************** AOS **************

02 Aug 2017 -  Case Received for I-485, AP and EAD

08 Aug 2017 - NOA-1

28 Aug 2017 - Biometrics Appointment

01 Nov 2017 - EAD 'New card is being produced'

03 Nov 2017 - Card is mailed

08 Nov 2017 - Combo Card receieved

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ray&Ash said:

 

So safe to assume that the processing time for Nov Dec filers is approx 6 weeks or more? 

So we all don't need to start feeling anxious before 6 weeks of NAO1 :) 

 

That's one way to think about it. that said, any data we can see is on a lag...we only know about when something finishes (or gets an RFE or something). not if they suddenly got like 4x the normal number of applications in 1 week in late November, which means it will take longer for Dec. filers. Or maybe they got less (i.e. after the election?) so it'll move faster than what the data we have indicates. It's really just a matter of waiting and keep checking the trends to see if it's speeding up or slowing down.


Timelines:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/17/18: Approved

?/?/?: Green card received

 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/17: sent

12/14/17: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, geowrian said:

That's one way to think about it. that said, any data we can see is on a lag...we only know about when something finishes (or gets an RFE or something). not if they suddenly got like 4x the normal number of applications in 1 week in late November, which means it will take longer for Dec. filers. Or maybe they got less (i.e. after the election?) so it'll move faster than what the data we have indicates. It's really just a matter of waiting and keep checking the trends to see if it's speeding up or slowing down.

 

Hoping its the latter and the process is faster :) 


09 Dec 2016 - i-129F Package Sent
12 Dec 2016 - Case Received
17 Dec 2016 - NOA - 1

20 Mar 2017 - NOA - 2 Approved! 

06 Apr 2017 - NVC Receive and Case Number # 

11 Apr 2017 - Case In Transit

13 Apr 2017 - Case 'Ready'

20 Apr 2017 - Medical Checkup Done

03 May 2017 - Visa Interview - Approved

17 May 2017 - Visa Ready for Pickup! 

12 June 2017 - Port of Entry

*************** AOS **************

02 Aug 2017 -  Case Received for I-485, AP and EAD

08 Aug 2017 - NOA-1

28 Aug 2017 - Biometrics Appointment

01 Nov 2017 - EAD 'New card is being produced'

03 Nov 2017 - Card is mailed

08 Nov 2017 - Combo Card receieved

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my NOA1 almost 2 months ago and I am still waiting on NOA2. Everyone is saying how the holiday's and the increase of price for the 129F starting today is affecting the times. Someone said they are even getting around 300 per day and have only really been processing a handful a day at the CSC :o 

 

Good luck and hope you hear back soon! 


10/28/2016 - Sent to Dallas Lockbox

10/31/2016 - Delivered to Dallas LockBox

11/03/2016 - NOA1 Via Email

11/06/2016 - NOA1 Hard Copy

01/25/2017 - NOA2 Update VIA USCIS App

01/31/2017 - NOA2 Hard Copy

02/08/2017 - NVC Received Case

02/14/2017 - Received NVC Case Number

02/15/2017 - Visa sent to U.S Embassy In Kenya via DHL

 

:goofy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sedona and Thomas said:

Got my NOA1 almost 2 months ago and I am still waiting on NOA2. Everyone is saying how the holiday's and the increase of price for the 129F starting today is affecting the times. Someone said they are even getting around 300 per day and have only really been processing a handful a day at the CSC :o 

 

Good luck and hope you hear back soon! 

 

Well based on that December filers can expect 3 to 5 months to get NOA2 approval. I also noticed CSC handles some refugee applications. My fear is that due to handover in President the previous administration may want to process more refugee applications urgently and put K-1 applications on back burner. Not to scare people but would be surprised if we do get approval for NOA2 before 3 months unless they decide to transfer or send more resources to process k1s. 

 

Sincerely hope im wrong. But better to think like this then assume it will be processed in 2 months. 


12-16-2016 - I-129f sent

12-19-2016 - I-129f received at Lockbox 
12-29-2016 - NOA1 (10 days)
3-22-2016- NOA2
 
Approved 93 Days from receive date.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ShanghaiSurfer said:

 

Well based on that December filers can expect 3 to 5 months to get NOA2 approval. I also noticed CSC handles some refugee applications. My fear is that due to handover in President the previous administration may want to process more refugee applications urgently and put K-1 applications on back burner. Not to scare people but would be surprised if we do get approval for NOA2 before 3 months unless they decide to transfer or send more resources to process k1s. 

 

Sincerely hope im wrong. But better to think like this then assume it will be processed in 2 months. 

I soooo hope its not gonna work like you said :( 

i think they already knew of the visa fee raise, so they may have taken in more staff anticipating the increase, Maybe the fee hike is to onboard more staff :)

even if they take in refugee applications too, wouldnt there be different departments for the visa types? 


09 Dec 2016 - i-129F Package Sent
12 Dec 2016 - Case Received
17 Dec 2016 - NOA - 1

20 Mar 2017 - NOA - 2 Approved! 

06 Apr 2017 - NVC Receive and Case Number # 

11 Apr 2017 - Case In Transit

13 Apr 2017 - Case 'Ready'

20 Apr 2017 - Medical Checkup Done

03 May 2017 - Visa Interview - Approved

17 May 2017 - Visa Ready for Pickup! 

12 June 2017 - Port of Entry

*************** AOS **************

02 Aug 2017 -  Case Received for I-485, AP and EAD

08 Aug 2017 - NOA-1

28 Aug 2017 - Biometrics Appointment

01 Nov 2017 - EAD 'New card is being produced'

03 Nov 2017 - Card is mailed

08 Nov 2017 - Combo Card receieved

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ray&Ash said:

I soooo hope its not gonna work like you said :( 

i think they already knew of the visa fee raise, so they may have taken in more staff anticipating the increase, Maybe the fee hike is to onboard more staff :)

even if they take in refugee applications too, wouldnt there be different departments for the visa types? 

Trust me. I hope I'm wrong as well. Just would rather be pleasantly surprised then expect it to be approved within two months, which isn't happening for most people I've seen reading the November Filers Updates. If you look at Jim's updates they sometimes are only approving a few each day from ones submitted at end of October. Let's hope you are right and they have increased the number of people to clear all the petitions.


12-16-2016 - I-129f sent

12-19-2016 - I-129f received at Lockbox 
12-29-2016 - NOA1 (10 days)
3-22-2016- NOA2
 
Approved 93 Days from receive date.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wisconsinnative said:

NOA1 was received Oct. 31 & still waiting for NOA2. This process is still in beginning phase & has taught me patience. Didn't really have that virtue before!!! 

Sooooo true!!! 

We all need what the heart wants on Day 1 itself :P and soon we realise its simply beyond our control.. all we can do is patiently wait...

yours should be there this month though. With most applications that ive seen around, NOA2 time is between 2-3 months on avg. 


09 Dec 2016 - i-129F Package Sent
12 Dec 2016 - Case Received
17 Dec 2016 - NOA - 1

20 Mar 2017 - NOA - 2 Approved! 

06 Apr 2017 - NVC Receive and Case Number # 

11 Apr 2017 - Case In Transit

13 Apr 2017 - Case 'Ready'

20 Apr 2017 - Medical Checkup Done

03 May 2017 - Visa Interview - Approved

17 May 2017 - Visa Ready for Pickup! 

12 June 2017 - Port of Entry

*************** AOS **************

02 Aug 2017 -  Case Received for I-485, AP and EAD

08 Aug 2017 - NOA-1

28 Aug 2017 - Biometrics Appointment

01 Nov 2017 - EAD 'New card is being produced'

03 Nov 2017 - Card is mailed

08 Nov 2017 - Combo Card receieved

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my rfe instead of Noa2. I am a November filer and it's now at csa and rfe recived on March 23 at csa but no reply yet anybody else like me I am tired of waiting 😔😔

 

 

anybody with with rfe I got email that they recived my response but it's been 3 weeks now and no answer I am scared and help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2017 at 8:17 PM, Wisconsinnative said:

NOA1 was received Oct. 31 & still waiting for NOA2. This process is still in beginning phase & has taught me patience. Didn't really have that virtue before!!! 

Did u get an noa2 yet? 


 

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl0TydLCMPdH4G2gnzC2b8A

INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/find_her_keep_her/  

i-129F Sent:                                                                  2017-01-25

 

 

 

 

I-129F NOA1/NOA2:                                                   2017-02-01/2017-05-30  
NVC Received: 2017-06-09
Date Case # assigned: 2017-06-12
NVC Left: 2017-06-19
Consulate Received: 2017-06-20
Packet 3 Received/Sent: 2017-06-22

Packet 4 received:

Medical Appointment

Interview date and result:  

Visa Issued Notice:

Visa in hand:

US Entry:

Marriage:

AOS package posted to USCIS:

Acceptance notice i485:

Biometrics:

Acceptance notice i765:

RFE for i765:

Approval for i765 and AP:

Received card for i765 and AP

2017-06-27

2017-07-04

2017-07-21 Approved🎉🎉😊🌈❤️ (see my timeline for breakdown)

2017-08-17

2017-08-21

2017-08-22

2017-09-23❤️❤️❤️❤️

2017-10-20

2017-11-27

2017-12-22                

2018-01-11

2018-04-16

2018-06-07🎉🎉😊

2018-06-13🎉🎉😊

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Williamsnelson said:

Did u get an noa2 yet? 

Yes..his interview is 5/17! I usually update my timeline. Finally the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter & brighter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Wisconsinnative said:

Yes..his interview is 5/17! I usually update my timeline. Finally the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter & brighter. 

Congratssss!! What date did you receive your NOA2?

Edited by Williamsnelson

 

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl0TydLCMPdH4G2gnzC2b8A

INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/find_her_keep_her/  

i-129F Sent:                                                                  2017-01-25

 

 

 

 

I-129F NOA1/NOA2:                                                   2017-02-01/2017-05-30  
NVC Received: 2017-06-09
Date Case # assigned: 2017-06-12
NVC Left: 2017-06-19
Consulate Received: 2017-06-20
Packet 3 Received/Sent: 2017-06-22

Packet 4 received:

Medical Appointment

Interview date and result:  

Visa Issued Notice:

Visa in hand:

US Entry:

Marriage:

AOS package posted to USCIS:

Acceptance notice i485:

Biometrics:

Acceptance notice i765:

RFE for i765:

Approval for i765 and AP:

Received card for i765 and AP

2017-06-27

2017-07-04

2017-07-21 Approved🎉🎉😊🌈❤️ (see my timeline for breakdown)

2017-08-17

2017-08-21

2017-08-22

2017-09-23❤️❤️❤️❤️

2017-10-20

2017-11-27

2017-12-22                

2018-01-11

2018-04-16

2018-06-07🎉🎉😊

2018-06-13🎉🎉😊

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×