Jacque67

A-list Trump snub hits him where it hurts most

39 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, OriZ said:

Yet they find this acceptable:

2e58xlh.jpg

As a Jew(and we all know Jews don't normally do pork either), I find this completely unacceptable. And let me tell you, if my wife and I were in a store and we had pork in our cart because she was going to make pork chops or something, and that was the lane we wanted to choose because it was the shortest or whatever other reason, that is the lane we would choose and they can take their cute little sign and shove it. 

Isnt it amazing how liberal throw out all their principals when it comes to embracing the intolerance of many Muslims 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, IDGAF said:

ALL politicians lie.  Your boy Obama did it, in spades.  That is nothing new.  I said pathological.  Perhaps I should have pointed out that America didn't want someone who was responsible for multiple deaths, and who could not own said responsibility.  Either way, Trump's win had nothing to do with his TV fame.  If anything, that was a detractor to many.

A word to the wise, People of color are not referred to as boy. I have learned this the hard way.

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dakine10 said:

Didn't you say earlier, if a store doesn't want to serve you, you would go somewhere else?  Is that a less acceptable solution when it's you on the receiving end?

That's a severely flawed argument you are making there. This is not a situation where the store doesn't want to serve me. It is a sign asking me to go to a different lane. Well, I'm not going to do it. Then they have two choices; They either serve me or they don't. Then, and only then, if they refuse to serve me, my previous statement applies and I will spend my money elsewhere. You can say alot of things about me but a hypocrite isn't one of them.

Edited by OriZ
09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Just now, OriZ said:

This is not a situation where the store doesn't want to serve me. It is a sign asking me to go to a different lane. Well, I'm not going to do it. Then they have two choices; They either serve me or they don't. Then, and only then, if they refuse to serve me, my previous statement applies and I will spend my money elsewhere. You can say alot of things about me but a hypocrite isn't one of them.

Would you be okay if in the butchery/meat department they had one of many butchers working who didn't handle pork? So if he was available, but you wanted pork cut up, he would ask you to wait for one of the other butchers?

Honestly I don't even understand what the problem is at the register. Sure the stuff is "unclean" to the person running the register, but it's not like they are touching it directly. Now I could see a butcher saying he didn't want to handle pork because of a religious objection.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, bcking said:

Would you be okay if in the butchery/meat department they had one of many butchers working who didn't handle pork? So if he was available, but you wanted pork cut up, he would ask you to wait for one of the other butchers?

Honestly I don't even understand what the problem is at the register. Sure the stuff is "unclean" to the person running the register, but it's not like they are touching it directly. Now I could see a butcher saying he didn't want to handle pork because of a religious objection.

Honestly, I'm not sure I would be ok with that. I don't want to have to wait because somebody picked a job that clearly isn't the one for them. Now, I'm not saying it's easy to find jobs these days and maybe it was the only one available but there's also the possibility they just chose that job knowing full well they won't be able to do everything it entails, and that, I have an issue with, even if their employer knew about it ahead of time and was cool with it. And it wouldn't matter if it was a Muslim or a Jew, btw. There's nothing I hate more than orthodox Jews trying to shove their beliefs down everyone's throat, too. It is because of them that you cannot have civil ceremonies in Israel, and buses don't run in most cities on Saturdays, and businesses in some places pay a fine for being open, etc etc, and that bothers me greatly as well.

I don't undestand the problem at the register either. It's wrapped, so get over it. Nobody is forcing them to eat it. I say live and let live but when you're trying to change my way of life because of your religious beliefs I have an issue with that. And it's not so much that I'm saying who's right or wrong with the whole cake thing or anything else...the bottom line here is this: It might annoy me, but I'm not going to go around and sue them, nor am I going to expect the government to dictate to that business what to do. So I think both sides need to pick what they believe in: It is either tolerated or it's not, and it should be equal treatment in the eyes of the law.

Edited by OriZ

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

1 minute ago, OriZ said:

Honestly, I'm not sure I would be ok with that. I don't want to have to wait because somebody picked a job that clearly isn't the one for them. Now, I'm not saying it's easy to find jobs these days and maybe it was the only one available but there's also the possibility they just chose that job knowing full well they won't be able to do everything it entails, and that, I have an issue with, even if their employer knew about it ahead of time and was cool with it. And it wouldn't matter if it was a Muslim or a Jew, btw. There's nothing I hate more than orthodox Jews trying to shove their beliefs down everyone's throat, too. It is because of them that you cannot have civil ceremonies in Israel, and buses don't run in most cities on Saturdays, and businesses in some places pay a fine for being open, etc etc, and that bothers me greatly as well.

I say live and let live but when you're trying to change my way of life because of your religious beliefs I have an issue with that. And it's not so much that I'm saying who's right or wrong with the whole cake thing or anything else...the bottom line here is this: It might annoy me, but I'm not going to go around and sue them, nor am I going to expect the government to dictate to that business what to do. So I think both sides need to pick what they believe in: It is either tolerated or it's not, and it should be equal treatment in the eyes of the law.

I have mixed feelings about it. I don't think it's completely fair to say they picked the wrong job. They may be an excellent butcher with 20 years experience working somewhere that didn't butcher pork, and then are forced to change jobs. I guess I would generally go with "If it doesn't set me back in my life too bad, I don't mind". If I have to wait 30 minutes for a butcher it's a problem. Another 2 minutes? I don't care. Same with the queue at the front. If there is another open line I don't really care. If it means waiting 15 minutes just because I'm buying pork, that is an issue.

The cake business I also have mixed feelings. I don't think it's a big issue in the grand scheme of thing for an individual store to not cater to a certain customer. However I think the problem I have with it is the "slippery slope" idea. If we allow one business to discriminate against a minority, others may follow. It can start with sexual orientation, but then what about a cake maker not wanting to bake a cake for an interaccial wedding, or a wedding of two people of color? YOu can't just assume that those people would go out of business. Sadly there may be enough lay people who discriminate similarly and who keep them in business. As long as there are equivalent services nearby that are being offered to other customers it's not an issue in the short term. If it means having to travel 100 miles, or pay twice as much just because of your sexual orientation, that is a problem. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, bcking said:

I have mixed feelings about it. I don't think it's completely fair to say they picked the wrong job. They may be an excellent butcher with 20 years experience working somewhere that didn't butcher pork, and then are forced to change jobs. I guess I would generally go with "If it doesn't set me back in my life too bad, I don't mind". If I have to wait 30 minutes for a butcher it's a problem. Another 2 minutes? I don't care. Same with the queue at the front. If there is another open line I don't really care. If it means waiting 15 minutes just because I'm buying pork, that is an issue.

The cake business I also have mixed feelings. I don't think it's a big issue in the grand scheme of thing for an individual store to not cater to a certain customer. However I think the problem I have with it is the "slippery slope" idea. If we allow one business to discriminate against a minority, others may follow. It can start with sexual orientation, but then what about a cake maker not wanting to bake a cake for an interaccial wedding, or a wedding of two people of color? YOu can't just assume that those people would go out of business. Sadly there may be enough lay people who discriminate similarly and who keep them in business. As long as there are equivalent services nearby that are being offered to other customers it's not an issue in the short term. If it means having to travel 100 miles, or pay twice as much just because of your sexual orientation, that is a problem. 

I don't think I would care if it was two minutes for the butcher, nor would I intentionally pick that lane, but if that is the lane I ended up in before even seeing the sign then too bad. I'm not going to make my life more difficult so that they don't touch plastic that has pork in it.

I think at the end of the day you either allow a business owner to do whatever they believe is best for their business, and that means whatever, or you don't. But you shouldn't pick and choose when to allow it and when not to.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, OriZ said:

That's a severely flawed argument you are making there. This is not a situation where the store doesn't want to serve me. It is a sign asking me to go to a different lane. Well, I'm not going to do it. Then they have two choices; They either serve me or they don't. Then, and only then, if they refuse to serve me, my previous statement applies and I will spend my money elsewhere. You can say alot of things about me but a hypocrite isn't one of them.

If you don't go to a different lane, you are not going to get served. The biggest difference is you have a choice, the bakery customers didn't. However I'm not suggesting you are a hypocrite, I was asking if you would accept the end result of going elsewhere. To which you said you would, ultimately, if you had to. That was a consistent answer with your previous position.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline
7 minutes ago, OriZ said:

I don't think I would care if it was two minutes for the butcher, nor would I intentionally pick that lane, but if that is the lane I ended up in before even seeing the sign then too bad. I'm not going to make my life more difficult so that they don't touch plastic that has pork in it.

I think at the end of the day you either allow a business owner to do whatever they believe is best for their business, and that means whatever, or you don't. But you shouldn't pick and choose when to allow it and when not to.

Well I agree if the sign is not clearly posted, you are going to have a lot of pissed off customers. If my items were already on the checkout line when I found out, in that case I would be too.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Dakine10 said:

If you don't go to a different lane, you are not going to get served. The biggest difference is you have a choice, the bakery customers didn't. However I'm not suggesting you are a hypocrite, I was asking if you would accept the end result of going elsewhere. To which you said you would, ultimately, if you had to. That was a consistent answer with your previous position.

3 minutes ago, Dakine10 said:

Well I agree if the sign is not clearly posted, you are going to have a lot of pissed off customers. If my items were already on the checkout line when I found out, in that case I would be too.

Well, I would have at least given them the chance to get some sense and see what they do with it. I wasn't going to automatically assume that a place that "respectfully asks" you to avoid a certain lane would not serve you at all if you're already in that lane. If I was and they told me to pick a different one that would definitely be the last they saw of me. BTW that particular one is from Wegmans in Rochester from a story in 2012 but they are springing up in other places like mushrooms after the rain. To me, the mere fact they feel the need to ask that is bothersome, I don't find anything respectful about asking me to change my way of life so I also don't see it as disrespectful for me to not adhere to it, nor intolerant.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well after all this womanly chat about shopping I have great news.

The Caisson Platoon, home of the oldest and most famous horse Black Jack, will take part in the inauguration parade.

Fingers crossed the horse doesn't drop down dead in the middle!!!!

Filed: Timeline
9 hours ago, Dakine10 said:

Didn't you say earlier, if a store doesn't want to serve you, you would go somewhere else?  Is that a less acceptable solution when it's you on the receiving end?

What would YOU do?  Do you think this sign, and their apparent lack of wanting to serve those who buy pork, is ok?  

Timeline
55 minutes ago, IDGAF said:

What would YOU do?  Do you think this sign, and their apparent lack of wanting to serve those who buy pork, is ok?  

I'd go to another line. It's not that hard. I think people who would complain about this, but who are OK with businesses denying services based on discriminatory practices should work through their issues instead of trying to rationalize them.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

2 minutes ago, IDGAF said:

You don't find it discriminatory for them not to ring up pork for you in a store that sells pork?

I don't think you understand the concepts of protected minorities, or discrimination. Pork buyers using another line to buy pork isn't discrimination and pork purchasers are not a protected minority suffering a long history of same.

Do I think it's silly to have to go to another line? Yes. But that doesn't mean I have been discriminated against.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS