dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2017

1,509 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Saheed said:

i Email NVC today and i got these reply back from them.pls anybody with idea if my our case is truly under supervisor review?our case have been with them for Almost 8weeks now.

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: ............... filed by ...........on behalf of .........

The correspondence submitted is currently under review. An appropriate action will be taken once this review is completed.

That is a generic response that they send to everyone. It just means they got your e-mail and they'll respond back to you once they actually read it.

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

4 hours ago, flyingmamba said:

9 weeks today! Just got off the phone with an NVC agent. Got a different answer than the usual "it's in the right department". The agent actually pulled up my new birth certificate they received to verify if it was correct and then forwarded it to the supervisor with a note for review. Told me to call back next Monday. Hoping to be complete before 10 weeks. 

Just saw 3 N/A's! Calling to confirm now :) 

CR-1 Visa Journey

18/03/16 ............I-130 sent
21/03/16 ............I-130 delivered
21/03/16.............NOA1 (Nebraska)

24/03/16.............Cash Checked
30/03/16............ NOA1 Hard Copy
21/07/16.............NOA2!!!!

NVC

09/08/16.............NVC received file

26/08/16.............Case number, IIN and DS-261 submitted

30/08/16.............Paid AOS Bill

04/09/16.............Paid IV Bill
07/09/16.............Sent AOS & IV package
09/09/16.............Delivered package to NVC
12/09/16.............NVC Scan
28/10/16.............Checklist - Birth Certificate
21/11/16.............Second scan date
23/01/17.............Case complete!!!
03/02/17.............Interview date from NVC 16 March
04/02/17.............Email IV received 
05/04/17.............Entered USA

ROC
09/01/19.............Sent I-751
10/01/19.............Delivered I-751 
14/01/19.............Credit Card Charged $680

15 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Thank you for a reply. We are only married in Denmark, but we're not muslims either. I just have a feeling that he hates LGBT people as much as he hates muslims. So I am afraid that he can use that executive orders just to temporary halt visa issuance for LGBT spouses, until he decides what to do with them permanently?

So do you have any clue what are those changes?

Someone with more legal knowledge would be better answering your questions. To my knowledge immigration is not something he can just write an 'executive order' on. It has to go through the legislative branch first (checks and balances). 

Furthermore, our supreme court ruled that gay marriages had to be treated "equal" to "traditional" marriages. Without the supreme court changing that ruling, I can't see how the legislative branch or the President could sign into law something that specifically treats gay marriages as "different" from a legal standpoint. If we recognise gay marriage in our country, we have to recognise gay marriages done outside the country.

That is my opinion. Hopefully I'm not wrong.

2 minutes ago, flyingmamba said:

Congratulations!!

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
1 hour ago, afortunada said:

Today is our 10th week waiting.

Scan date November 14th

Supervisor Review December 23rd

Review department January 12th

I constantly feel like I'm going to cry and be physically ill.  I have come to HATE the weekends because no updates are available and no one is looking at our case. Praying as hard as possible and trying to stay positive, but it's becoming such a struggle. I am a very upbeat and bubbly person by nature so I am sorry to be posting so negatively :( Good luck to everyone again this week...

My case was complete at exactly 10 weeks.  I hope you hear something this week.

1 minute ago, flyingmamba said:

Congrats!

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

26 minutes ago, bcking said:

I'm still not convinced "review department" is anything different from where the files have been for awhile. The guy I spoke to was more cagey about whether being "in the review department" meant someone is actively looking at it. I can't imagine our paperwork would take more than a couple of hours of 'active reviewing' since it is a 1 page birth certificate for a checklist and the rest of our file is complete. I think "in the review department" can likely still mean "on a pile somewhere waiting to be picked up".

I've been at the review department for 12 weeks now since my scan date this is a little crazy. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
20 hours ago, Gulbalo said:

I am sure your next. make sure you call them twice a day. I have two cases complete and one still in review department. Even when your case is complete at the end of this month, you will still get an interview date around the same time as for my first two cases. Really, having a case complete on the 10th of this or the last of this month, interview is going to be around the same time because of the way NVC schedules interviews at the embassy as long as your case is complete before the month end.

i call them minute ago,

She said my case went to review department on 29/dec/2016

i dont know what they are dellaying for...............

hope it will come out soon......  wish everybody best of luck.......

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

just finished the call

no updates no updates no updates

the rep. said my case still put on supervisor's desk waiting for review (he is nice but still!!!)

they will send me an email when they have further updates

what's the hell is that mean....

N-400 Timeline

2022/03/01: 90 days filing window open

2022/03/20: Filed N-400 online

2022/03/21: Case received, no biometrics required

2022/03/21: Online status change to Case is being Actively Reviewed by USCIS

2022/08/15: Interview was scheduled

2022/09/20: Interview Date

2022/09/20: Citizenship Approved

3 minutes ago, parsha said:

just finished the call

no updates no updates no updates

the rep. said my case still put on supervisor's desk waiting for review (he is nice but still!!!)

they will send me an email when they have further updates

what's the hell is that mean....

It means the supervisor was notified that the case has waited longer than 6 weeks. However, there are a lot of cases (essentially all) that wait longer than that, so there is a "queue" for the "queue" basically. So while they were notified, there isn't anything they can do because they have people who they were notified about 2 weeks before you that still haven't been looked at.

Supervisor review goes in order just like the normal review process, so it really is nothing special. They were notified, but a supervisor is only one person so all they can do is tell the team to "move quicker". 

The email thing is something I think they just need to say to try to get less people to call. However most people here have shown that if you waited for an email you would find out at least a few days if not a week after your case is complete. Now that may not make any difference in the grand scheme of things (since you wno't have an interview date or anything), most people still prefer to know sooner so they keep calling. I don't think calling does anything other than just keep you up to date. 

For example, when I got a checklist it was over the phone when I called to check in. They told me over the phone what we needed. We got the email but it was like 4 days later. By that time we were already mailing the document back to them so if we had waited for an email our second scan date would have been like a week later.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Saheed said:

@Parsha what is your scan date?

5 minutes ago, bcking said:

It's in his signature. 12/06

yes, it is!

my scan date is 12/06

and they put my case under supervisor review at 1/19

N-400 Timeline

2022/03/01: 90 days filing window open

2022/03/20: Filed N-400 online

2022/03/21: Case received, no biometrics required

2022/03/21: Online status change to Case is being Actively Reviewed by USCIS

2022/08/15: Interview was scheduled

2022/09/20: Interview Date

2022/09/20: Citizenship Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.