dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2017

1,509 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Qabtawi said:

I just saw the 3 N/A s ...

Is it too late for a February interview?

scan date 11/9

27 minutes ago, Enceladus said:

I just saw 3N/As. 

Scan date: Nov 2. 

Supervisor review: Dec 19. 

Congratulations Qabtawi & Enceladus on your CC's. :dance:

So after 8 requests for Expedition for processing of my CR-1 Visa,  due to my heart condition, how should I interpret this email I received from NVC?

"Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: BNK216******6 filed by RICH***D C*****ES F******Y on behalf of LAK*** Fa*****y.

The U.S. Embassy or Consulate is willing to expedite this case when we have all the fees, forms, and documents. If you have not already done so, you can pay your fees and submit Form DS-260 at ceac.state.gov. Please send everything else to this address:

National Visa Center

31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 100

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2915

The U.S. Embassy or Consulate is willing to expedite this case when we have all the fees, forms, and documents. If you have not already done so, you can pay your fees and submit Form DS-260 at ceac.state.gov. Please send everything else to this address:"

Considering all the fees have been paid, the paperwork submitted, the checklist complete back on 11/29.    Does this mean they will expedite my case?  And How long should I anticipate for this to take before I get my wife's interview scheduled?  and ultimately her coming to the USA?  Anyone?  

Edited by eyeofanubis1979

7 minutes ago, eyeofanubis1979 said:

So after 8 requests for Expedition for processing of my CR-1 Visa,  due to my heart condition, how should I interpret this email I received from NVC?

"Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: BNK216******6 filed by RICHARD CHARLES FARRELLY on behalf of LAK*** Fa*****y.

The U.S. Embassy or Consulate is willing to expedite this case when we have all the fees, forms, and documents. If you have not already done so, you can pay your fees and submit Form DS-260 at ceac.state.gov. Please send everything else to this address:

National Visa Center

The U.S. Embassy or Consulate is willing to expedite this case when we have all the fees, forms, and documents. If you have not already done so, you can pay your fees and submit Form DS-260 at ceac.state.gov. Please send everything else to this address:"

Considering all the fees have been paid, the paperwork submitted, the checklist complete back on 11/29.    Does this mean they will expedite my case?  And How long should I anticipate for this to take before I get my wife's interview scheduled?  and ultimately her coming to the USA?  Anyone?  

You should call the customer service department to explain the result of your expedite request and to make sure they have all your documents. What it probably means is that the consulate has approved to expedite your case ONLY after NVC has finished reviewing all the documents - what this means is that once your case is completed at NVC, you will schedule an interview directly with the consulate instead of waiting for the NVC to schedule one for you. I know this because that was the result of my expedite request as well.

But, again, you need to call to confirm that.

Edit: Unfortunately this doesn't generally shave off too much time, but every little bit helps. I'm sorry to hear about your condition and hope that everything works out for you and your family.

EDIT NUMBER TWO: If you would please fill in your timeline, the rest of us could help answer your time-related questions, as they are all embassy-specific. And, we could get you a better idea of where you are in the process if we know all your dates!

Edited by afortunada

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Enceladus said:

I just saw 3N/As. 

Scan date: Nov 2. 

Supervisor review: Dec 19. 

Congratulations!  Happy to see so many CC's today

18 minutes ago, eyeofanubis1979 said:

"Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: BNK216******6 filed by RICH***D C*****ES F******Y on behalf of LAK*** Fa*****y.

National Visa Center

Agree that you should call NVC and explain your situation and ask for a supervisor call back if none is available at that time.  You should also ask the NVC rep when did they receive your documents (scan date) and this would give you an estimate of when you can hear back from NVC.  I am sorry to hear about your condition and hoping that your wife comes soon.

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrats ???? to everyone with CC. So happy today that atleast NVC still moving, hope we all can heard same news soon...... ?????

New to this forum. What does scan date and supervisor date mean?

Thanks!

Original Scan Date: Oct 3, 2016

Checklist: Nov 25, 2016

2nd Scan date: Dec 19, 2016

Supervisor Review : Jan 24, 2017

CC (phone call): Jan 27, 2017

CC e-mail : Feb 3, 2017

Interview: March 13, 2017 @ 10:30 AM

Interview E-mail: February 6, 2017

Visa Packet Received: March 17, 2017

Entry to US: March 21, 2017

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Favlies said:

New to this forum. What does scan date and supervisor date mean?

Thanks!

Scan date is the date that NVC received your supporting documents for your visa application.  You can find this out by calling NVC and providing them with some information regarding your case.  FedEx tracking showed my documents were delivered to NVC on October 31, but NVC documented it in their systems on November 2 so my scan date was November 2.  

They aim to review your documents within 6 weeks from the scan date.  If at the 6 week mark, you have not heard anything, it is best to call NVC and ask for it to be put on supervisor review.  As you can see from the posts here, almost everyone requests supervisor review.  

I hope this helps.

Just now, Duncan21 said:

Scan date is the date that NVC received your supporting documents for your visa application.  You can find this out by calling NVC and providing them with some information regarding your case.  FedEx tracking showed my documents were delivered to NVC on October 31, but NVC documented it in their systems on November 2 so my scan date was November 2.  

They aim to review your documents within 6 weeks from the scan date.  If at the 6 week mark, you have not heard anything, it is best to call NVC and ask for it to be put on supervisor review.  As you can see from the posts here, almost everyone requests supervisor review.  

I hope this helps.

Just to add:

Once you are on supervisor review, they say it can take up to another 6 weeks for it to be processed. Though I don't think I've seen anyone here who has really had the full 12 weeks go back (without having a checklist or anything).

If you have anything missing in your file, they will inform you and send you a checklist. You then send those in and you will get a new scan date once they receive those new files. They then have another 6 weeks to review those new files, and then another 6 under supervisor review if it takes that long. Essentially the whole thing restarts if you get any sort of checklist (no matter how basic it is, generally speaking). In some occassions you can bring the files you were missing to the Embassy directly, but it's case by case.

So in total you can end up waiting 24 weeks or more (12 weeks just to fine out you are missing something, and then another 12 for them to review whatever you were missing).

29 minutes ago, bcking said:

Just to add:

Once you are on supervisor review, they say it can take up to another 6 weeks for it to be processed. Though I don't think I've seen anyone here who has really had the full 12 weeks go back (without having a checklist or anything).

If you have anything missing in your file, they will inform you and send you a checklist. You then send those in and you will get a new scan date once they receive those new files. They then have another 6 weeks to review those new files, and then another 6 under supervisor review if it takes that long. Essentially the whole thing restarts if you get any sort of checklist (no matter how basic it is, generally speaking). In some occassions you can bring the files you were missing to the Embassy directly, but it's case by case.

So in total you can end up waiting 24 weeks or more (12 weeks just to fine out you are missing something, and then another 12 for them to review whatever you were missing).

Thank you very much.  I am doing this for my husband.  We did receive a checklist on November 25th for something minor as you stated.  I called today and they said that the attorney had sent something on December 19th even though it said on the checklist i could take it with us on the interview date.  The rep did say it would take another 6 weeks.  So i guess i just have to wait for it to get reviewed.

Thanks guys.  I appreciate you guys breaking it down for me.  New to this so i was at a lost.  However i am glad i found this forum makes us feel like we are not alone in this!

Original Scan Date: Oct 3, 2016

Checklist: Nov 25, 2016

2nd Scan date: Dec 19, 2016

Supervisor Review : Jan 24, 2017

CC (phone call): Jan 27, 2017

CC e-mail : Feb 3, 2017

Interview: March 13, 2017 @ 10:30 AM

Interview E-mail: February 6, 2017

Visa Packet Received: March 17, 2017

Entry to US: March 21, 2017

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good day everyone. I hope i'm in the right thread? If so, Please add me. I got an email today that my case was transferred to NVC. Hope to get a CC soon.

Edited by Wizzle

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I called today and was told my case is still in review. I ask how long it will take to process. The gentleman told me they are very behind and they may even be working sat and sun this week to try to catch up. My scan date is Nov 3 and I was put on a supervisor list Dec 16. I still have nothing. I think I am going to request to speak to a supervisor tomorrow its been almost 10 weeks now.

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD !!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS OMG  YOU GUYS HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY I AM RIGHT NOW ... WOW !!!! GOT 3 N/A'S RIGHT NOW... I CHECKED 30 MINS AGO AND IT ONLY HAD 2 N/A'S AND I JUST CHECKED AND GOT MY 3RD N/A WOW .. ON THE PHONE RIGHT NOW TO CONFIRM IT. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Cbsjjg said:

I called today and was told my case is still in review. I ask how long it will take to process. The gentleman told me they are very behind and they may even be working sat and sun this week to try to catch up. My scan date is Nov 3 and I was put on a supervisor list Dec 16. I still have nothing. I think I am going to request to speak to a supervisor tomorrow its been almost 10 weeks now.

I think you'll hear very soon.  My scan date was November 2 (supervisor review December 21).  I called yesterday afternoon and was given a similar response as you did, and this morning my case was complete (exactly 10 weeks).  Hang in there...I'm hoping you and everyone else who's waiting hear something soon.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, celticfc25 said:

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD !!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS OMG  YOU GUYS HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY I AM RIGHT NOW ... WOW !!!! GOT 3 N/A'S RIGHT NOW... I CHECKED 30 MINS AGO AND IT ONLY HAD 2 N/A'S AND I JUST CHECKED AND GOT MY 3RD N/A WOW .. ON THE PHONE RIGHT NOW TO CONFIRM IT. 

That's awesome.  Congrats!  What was your scan date and supervisor review?  Some friends here are waiting for a case complete.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.