Scan Date: 11/08/2016
Supervisor Review: 12/20/2016
Case Complete:1/9/2017

Embassy
Interview Date:3/16/2017
Visa Approved:
Visa in Hand:

4 hours ago, Li&Kyle said:

Speaking of supervisor call back request... My husband messaged me just now to say he got the call and it was the same supervisor I spoke to last week (she said she's actually the only supervisor, her name's Amanda). She said she had completed the case. Apparently after completing a case the supervisor then has to get it marked as completed by someone else, that's what we were waiting for. I immediately logged in and... I GOT MY THIRD N/A!!! :dancing: My struggle today has paid off!!! OH MY GOSH! I can't believe my eyes!

More CCs for tomorrow I hope, guys. Let's build on this momentum! :D 

awww congratulations ?

6 hours ago, Gulbalo said:

MY CASE Completed just now

Scan date Nov 8

Supervisor review Dec 21

Congratulations. :dance:

4 hours ago, Li&Kyle said:

Speaking of supervisor call back request... My husband messaged me just now to say he got the call and it was the same supervisor I spoke to last week (she said she's actually the only supervisor, her name's Amanda). She said she had completed the case. Apparently after completing a case the supervisor then has to get it marked as completed by someone else, that's what we were waiting for. I immediately logged in and... I GOT MY THIRD N/A!!! :dancing: My struggle today has paid off!!! OH MY GOSH! I can't believe my eyes!

Congratulations. :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
5 hours ago, Li&Kyle said:

CONGRTATS!!!  I am going to try your supervisor method, even though I had a checklist that was sent back/scanned on 9/29.  I will request a supervisor call back.  I have already got my congressman involved, I also asked my doctor to write a letter stating my heart condition; atrial fibrillation,  to show as supporting documents in hopes of expediting the case as well.  I just kick myself in the behind for sending an unrequested second packet of paperwork on 12/25, 2 weeks after I responded to the REAL checklist.  That packet  which contained my household members W2s for the I-864A.   I had forgot to send those with the initial IV packet, and knew that they were required, so I sent them in not knowing that they could have easily been given at the interview.  Not to mention that the check list didn't EVEN ASK FOR THEM PERIOD!!! I was just trying to do the right thing by sending them voluntarily, but ended up getting burned and set back 2 additional weeks.  I am starting to sound like a lone bin, BUT I MISS MY WIFE!!!!  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
20 hours ago, mianusama said:

Thanks @Nauman sh 

where r u been so far any progress at ur side? 

Yes a bad progress...lol...My scan date is Nov 23.. NVC said on 4-jan-2016 they have received my another package on Dec 19 (which we never sent), So they have rescheduled my 6 week time from Dec 19....hahha...its real funny what they say....So technically they asked me to shut up for one more month :-)

I've been waiting for 8 weeks and 1 day now....

Just got off the phone with NVC after asking to speak with a supervisor. They tried to get somebody on the phone and said "it's Friday and they have meetings", so I asked for a call back and they took my number. We'll see how that plays out.

9 hours ago, Duncan21 said:

Very nice....Congrats!   What was your scan date and supervisor review?

Scan date was 10/12. Got a nonsensical checklist on 12/9, two weeks after supervisor review. Then was on a second supervisor review on 12/19.

It's taken me 12 weeks and 1 day for a CC.

5 hours ago, eyeofanubis79 said:

CONGRTATS!!!  I am going to try your supervisor method, even though I had a checklist that was sent back/scanned on 9/29.  I will request a supervisor call back.  I have already got my congressman involved, I also asked my doctor to write a letter stating my heart condition; atrial fibrillation,  to show as supporting documents in hopes of expediting the case as well.  I just kick myself in the behind for sending an unrequested second packet of paperwork on 12/25, 2 weeks after I responded to the REAL checklist.  That packet  which contained my household members W2s for the I-864A.   I had forgot to send those with the initial IV packet, and knew that they were required, so I sent them in not knowing that they could have easily been given at the interview.  Not to mention that the check list didn't EVEN ASK FOR THEM PERIOD!!! I was just trying to do the right thing by sending them voluntarily, but ended up getting burned and set back 2 additional weeks.  I am starting to sound like a lone bin, BUT I MISS MY WIFE!!!!  

So sorry to hear that. Mine was annoying because I was being punished for their error. Have you spoken to a supervisor yet? 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline

I spoke to a supervisor 1.5hrs ago and was told by her that my file was where it needed to be. She said once it goes under supervisor review, the file is sent to the mail department where they try to work it as soon as possible. This could take up to 6wks or less. Basically, same response I got from the normal handler. I'm not sure the supervisor does much more than to try to apologize and tell you be patient and keep waiting. 

Scan date: 11/4

supervisor review: 12/19

Called nvc to check and make sure we are on superviser review as the 6 weeks ended tuesday of this week and she said we can't be put on superviser review as our

file is already in the review department being looked at, that is twice this week 2 different people have said that we are in the review department. Am hoping that this is acutally

true and so far we haven't been told several different stories and it seems to be the same each time. She said that we will hear either this week or next....

Sooooo hope this is right!!!!

:)

13 hours ago, Gulbalo said:

MY CASE Completed just now

Scan date Nov 8

Supervisor review Dec 21

11 hours ago, Li&Kyle said:

Yaaaaaaaaay, I am so happy to finally be seeing some good news here on the site!! Congratulations, friends! :):):)

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

11 hours ago, chel0524 said:

I'm completely distraught.  Just got off the phone with NVC.  Apparently we'll be getting a checklist.  She said my husband's divorce decree was missing.  I looked through the packet 100 times.  I made sure it was there and listed it on a sheet on the front.  I checked and double checked and triple checked.

She said she would have  a supervisor pull it to look again.  But, that will take up to another 6 weeks.  Even if I go ahead and overnight another copy of it, that will give us a new scan date and reset that damned 6 week clock.

I'm not doing well right now.  I need Tylenol and bed.

Do you have a copy of your submission? You should contact your senator, explain the situation, and send them all your information so they can make an inquiry on your behalf and make NVC fix their mistake!!

Edited by afortunada

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

1 hour ago, afortunada said:

Do you have a copy of your submission? You should contact your senator, explain the situation, and send them all your information so they can make an inquiry on your behalf and make NVC fix their mistake!!

I do.  I'm on hold with NVC again right now.  I'm beyond frustrated.  I was so shocked last night that I didn't know what to even say.  I'm going to demand to speak with a supervisor so that they can look at it while I'm on the phone with them.  We had the same problem with USCIS that they didn't want to accept his divorce decree because they didn't think it was the final absolute one.  We had to get a letter from the court explaining that it was in fact the decree absolute.  I sent the letter to NVC also.

I'm just at the end of my rope here.  I thought we were almost at the end of this process. 

Chel0524 - I would definitely request a supervisor call back as step one!  And move on to your Senator if you can't resolve with a supervisor on the phone.

Afortuna - Hello! Glad to have found someone local going through the same process!

Update on my case today: NVC rep said it is currently being reviewed.  She even clarified "I don't just mean its in supervisor review, I mean its currently being reviewed right now"  When I asked "Does that mean I can expect something by end of day? Or in the next couple of days" she said she really couldn't be sure.

It still is a bright spot in my day! Being reviewed is certainly better than a lot of other options :)

Married: April 20th, 2016

I-130 Petition Sent: April 24th, 2016

NOA1 Received: May 17th, 2016

NOA2 Received: Sept 12th, 2016

----------

NVC Received: October 11th, 2016

NVC Case Number Assigned: October 19th, 2016

IV and AOS Fees Paid: October 28th, 2016

DS-260 Submitted: November 4th, 2016

Scan Date: November 9th, 2016

Supervisor Review: December 21st, 2016

Medical Exam Complete: January 9th, 2017

Checklist Received: January 10th, 2017

New Scan Date: January 24th, 2017

Contacted Congressman Aid: February 24th, 2017

Expedite Approved; Case sent to Auckland Consulate: March 27th, 2017

Interview Scheduled: 4/3/17 

----------

Interview Date: 4/18/17

Visa in Hand:

Date of US Entry:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Andy & Mike said:

Chel0524 - I would definitely request a supervisor call back as step one!  And move on to your Senator if you can't resolve with a supervisor on the phone.

Afortuna - Hello! Glad to have found someone local going through the same process!

Update on my case today: NVC rep said it is currently being reviewed.  She even clarified "I don't just mean its in supervisor review, I mean its currently being reviewed right now"  When I asked "Does that mean I can expect something by end of day? Or in the next couple of days" she said she really couldn't be sure.

It still is a bright spot in my day! Being reviewed is certainly better than a lot of other options :)

I was told the same thing yesterday.  My scan date is November 2, and supervisor review December 21

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

I just called back for the second time.  The first time I called the lady was so rude and nasty that we were going back and forth so I asked to speak to the supervisor and she said that they were only going to tell me the same thing.  I told her oh well connect me anyway because what you are telling me is not adding up to what I have been being told this entire week, so connect me please.  im sure she didn't because she came right back and said look would you like a call back and I said no and hung up.. I was aggravated at this point with her...I thought about it and calmed down called back and this sweet lady kindly connected me to a supervisor named Betty and she was so nice and helpful and said she would do what she could do to get my case completed.  I again thanked her and let her know that I understand that they are overloaded, but many of us are at a stand still with this process and we cant make any decisions as to what to do next.. at least that's where I am with it all.. SIGHHHHH

Edited by SMAlexander

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.