Jenn!

LET'S TALK ABOUT YOUR RED FLAGS

593 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Just curious....

I wonder what is considered a "large" age gap, really?

Is 8 years a big deal. We're both still in our twenties... although mine are almost over lol

Thanks

Lisa

i wouldnt worry about it---it's not that large of a difference. the red flags on age gaps are when the woman would be 40 and the man 20.

chi

Thanks you guys.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I have a red flag or 2. My sweetie and I are 13 years apart in age (me being older, and a more "heavy set" divorced woman with a child). One thing we have in our favor, however, is that we have a child together (who was just born back in May). I would imagine that this would sorta prove we have a relationship?? What do you guys think?

K1

06/28/07 Sent I129F to VSC

07/02/07 I129F Recieved

07/06/07 NOA1 sent

07/10/07 Touched

11/28/07 TOUCH! (Is it in the mail now?!?!)

11/28/07 (later that same day!...) got email notification of APPROVAL! NOA2 should be in the mail! YAY!

11/29/07 Touch.. Maybe they're just looking at it to get it ready to mail to NVC?

11/30/07 Receive NOA2 in the mail : APPROVED!

12/07/07 Receive letter from NVC with case number, saying packet on it's way to Oz

12/12/07 Aussie embassy receives info

12/13/07 Embassy mails out packet 3

12/20/07 My sweetie receives packet 3

01/23/08 Medical Exam in Brisbane (apparently the only doctor within 1,200 miles that does these exams anymore. The doctor in Cairns no longer does them!) My sweetie already mailed back packet 3 prior to the exam so that we could save a bit of time.

02/18/08 Receive packet 4, after they mistakenly mailed a pack for an entirely different person to my Aussie! He returned the packet for the other guy and then finally received his own packet.

02/22/08 Consolate Interview: APPROVED! (It went "smooth like butter")

03/20/08 Flight to USA, POE = LAX

AOS and EAD

06/19/08 Mailed out AOS packet (Chicago) along with EAD

06/24/08 NOA 07/18/08 Biomentrics appt.

07/24/08 RFE

12/15/08 EAD approved, card ordered

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
I have a red flag or 2. My sweetie and I are 13 years apart in age (me being older, and a more "heavy set" divorced woman with a child). One thing we have in our favor, however, is that we have a child together (who was just born back in May). I would imagine that this would sorta prove we have a relationship?? What do you guys think?

It miight go towards your favor, but as I've heard said many times on VJ, "having a baby doesn't prove you have a valid relationship. It only proves you had sex. " :blush: Not my words. Just make sure you have all your proof in order for the interview. Emails, chat logs, photos, etc. And make sure you and your SO talk about both of your pasts/really know basiscs about each other's families. You never know what angle they'll take with questioning at the interview. You and I have similar situations (11 years older than him, divorced) and he is now here with me. I personally know two people from VJ with 25 and 27 yrs on their husbands, so I wouldn't worry about 13. Good luck with your visa.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Okay, I have quite a few red flags. I married my husband Khaled in Jordan on 11/01/07 just 6 days after arriving in the country to meet him for the first time. We only knew each other 9 months before I visited, and we met online. I just divorced my ex-husband on 10/02/07 (who is from China originally and who I sponsored after almost two years of marriage in 2001).

My first marriage simply didn't work out. I was young (21) and didn't understand what I needed in a relationship or a marriage. He is a citizen now and lives here. We have a son together who will be six on December 27th. We legally separated in May of 2006, so the divorce was only technical - the relationship has been over for a year and a half. I am hoping our marriage lasted long enough (6 years) and that I moved out long enough ago that this red flag will turn to yellow pretty easily.

I am much more worried about the fact that my relationship with my husband Khaled started online, and that we quickly married after meeting for the first time in Jordan just a month ago. As for documentation of the validity of our relationship, I have plenty of that. Khaled and I have talked almost every day since April when our friendship turned to a romantic relationship. I can print a list of the history of our online conversations. I can also print the list of 150 or so e-mails we have in that time, and documentation of the countless number of phone calls I've made to him. We have plenty of pictures of our time in Jordan and signed statements from his family and friends validating our relationship. I also have pictures that he and my son have exchanged to show that he has also established a relationship with him.

We married because it made sense culturally on his side and we'd been talking about it since May anyhow. We've known from the beginning there was something special between us and never questioned that we would one day marry. I am so happy that we did because having that commitment to each other makes the distance easier to bear. We have a solid trust and bond now that we can feel good about, and knowing we've made the promise to each other takes a lot of pressure off of the relationship. Now we just have to get the paperwork going to physically be together.

Any advice on dos or don'ts or proper documentation? I am preparing to file the I-130 application, which upon initial approval will be followed by submitting the I-129 application for a K-3 visa to bring him here while we await the final approval of the I-130. I am desperate not to have to re-submit the form or provide further documentation before the initial approval, so I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row ahead of time. Any suggestions you have would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Erica

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

How much time did you actually get to spend together/how long was your trip? did you take a lot of photos with him and his family? I believe Jordan is a consulate that takes awhile to process, so I would definitely plan to try to go back at least once, especially considering that you married so fast after meeting for the first time. The main reason is that you married shortly after the divorce, which makes it a bigger flag than if you had just married fast. HOWEVER, that said, there is no rhyme or reason why some cases have an easy time and others don't, at least not to those of us who spend so much time trying to figure it out. :P Most here only go meet their SO once before the interview because of the expense. The main thing in the meantime is to keep documentation of ongoing relationship, keeping letter in their original envelopes, chat logs, emails, etc. Other than that, use the time to get to know him better. It will prove useful when it comes tot he interview. You never know what they might ask. Good luck.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

i think some people think red flags are a joke. i am so sorry for them. why get into a relationship and know you wont be able to get through the immigration process?? i dont get it. was it really a joke on all of us here???

chi

Chiquita.

How'd you get the IP address thing to show up? Does it only show up on my computer when I view your threads?

chispas

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
i think some people think red flags are a joke. i am so sorry for them. why get into a relationship and know you wont be able to get through the immigration process?? i dont get it. was it really a joke on all of us here???

chi

Chiquita.

How'd you get the IP address thing to show up? Does it only show up on my computer when I view your threads?

chispas

that's a link to another site in her signature that does that. all it's doing is detecting your ip, isp, and the browser you are using to view it, nothing special. it only shows your ip to you, no one elses. personally i dislike those kinda things as you never know if that site is recording the ip's.........

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• 7 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
We have 2, 9, an education gap, and a large age difference, but I'm not worried. We have more things in common and a strong understanding of each other. Henia and I have mentioned before that our hubbies aren't even all that keen to come here anyway. By the time our process is over, if he gets a visa, I'll be dragging him kicking and screaming here, he's so sick and tired of the whole thing and more than ready for me to just come back there for good!

you know ... .mine rather live in Spain lol. We plan to be in the U. S. until my kids get older and move back to casa or Spain insha'allah.

with us.... it's the age (11 yrs) and after years of battle in the courts I got a divorce in Oct and married my husband Reda 7 months later (second time I flew out there) so would that be considered a short time??? dunno

And honestly, my husband was looking for someone to be serious with but couldn't find anyone... all the girls were in it to "play" and the only reason we found eachother is a friend of mine took my pic and put it on the site... we talked for months before getting "serious." But will the consulate see it that way???? again dunno :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
We have 2, 9, an education gap, and a large age difference, but I'm not worried. We have more things in common and a strong understanding of each other. Henia and I have mentioned before that our hubbies aren't even all that keen to come here anyway. By the time our process is over, if he gets a visa, I'll be dragging him kicking and screaming here, he's so sick and tired of the whole thing and more than ready for me to just come back there for good!

you know ... .mine rather live in Spain lol. We plan to be in the U. S. until my kids get older and move back to casa or Spain insha'allah.

with us.... it's the age (11 yrs) and after years of battle in the courts I got a divorce in Oct and married my husband Reda 7 months later (second time I flew out there) so would that be considered a short time??? dunno

And honestly, my husband was looking for someone to be serious with but couldn't find anyone... all the girls were in it to "play" and the only reason we found eachother is a friend of mine took my pic and put it on the site... we talked for months before getting "serious." But will the consulate see it that way???? again dunno :unsure:

The fact that you got married the second visit, not the first, is a big plus.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Mine are:

US divorce followed very quickly by an engagement to foreign beneficiary is often a red flag for consular officers. - The one thing that will save me is the fact that the ex and I signed papers years ago, but I never got around to filing them with the courts and he was in Cali so it wasn't like I ever saw him......

That's it........

Now if my case would proceed past STOP then we would be doing pretty good........

Good Luck everyone

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 07/05/06 - Met Hayz online by accident

~ 03/30/08 - Packet sent to VSC

~ 04/22/08 - NOA1 issued - Yeah they took it this time

~ 05/22/08 - Touch

~ 07/25/08 - Touch (showed about 1pm on the USCIS site)

~ 07/25/08 - NOA2 sent (must have been later in the day - noticed it on 7/26)

~ 09/10/08 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED ! ! ! !

~ 09/12/08 - VISA RECEIVED

~ 10/17/08 - Arrival in the USA (JFK POE)

~ 10/31/08 - MARRIED! ! !

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 03/26/09 - Sent AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

~ 03/27/09 - AOS packet signed for by V BUSTAMANTE

~ 04/02/09 - NOA for AOS/ EAD / Travel Doc

~ 04/03/09 - Check cashed

~ 04/25/09 - Biometrics

~ 04/20/09 - Transferred to CSC

~ 04/25/09 - Transfer notice received in the mail

~ 04/27/09 - Arrived at CSC

~ 05/09/09 - Employment Auth / Travel Document Approved

~ 05/12/09 - AP approved - without an interview

~ 05/23/09 - Welcome letter received

~ 06/05/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED! ! !

~ 09/11/11 - DIVORCE - DIVORCE - DIVORCE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi eveyone,

i'm new in this forum, but i did gain some experience though reading postings.

let me tell you that i was surprised to read some other people experience with the consular officer in

casablanca morocco. the way they handle interviews and look at evidences.my wife is one of the

victim, the result is our case was sent back to uscisfor review not even a brief explanation for the

reason

all i can say this "CASABLANCA CONSULATE IS OUT OF US IMMIGRATION NORMES"

if you bring in hundreds of pictures of you weeding, emails , phones calls, WHO CARES !!!!!

it's up to the consular officer, she's the one who decide to the future of your life.if she likes you

she dont even look at evidences, if she dont then, she overlook everythings. the result is

" you petition will be sent sent back to uscis for further review of the relationship"

once the is case is sent back, you have to wait, god only khows how long, my be months, my be

years. then they will send you a notice of intend to deny and they will ask you to send more proofs

to reaffirm the relationship. those are the same proof that you may profide during consulate interview

which mean WASTE OF TIME , DOUBLE WORK, USCIS ADMINISTRATIVE BURDEN then you case will

be sent back to the consulate for visa issuance.

i khow a follow citizen that she had to sent 28 POUNDS !!!! of evidence to uscis to turn down their

intention to deny her husband

another follow citizen had to write to the consul general and us ambassador concerning her husband

yes so many stories and cases. why ???? because the consular officer chose to say "NO"

yes the consular officer is more powerful than uscis and nvc

now let's talk about the way the handle interviews:

consular officer can ask any question she want without respecting us laws and beneficiary feelings

for example my wife was asked these 2 questions

" how many man did you talk to before you met your husband "

" can you speak english with me little bit "

my wife chose to have her interview in french

" i want more details what's you husband job"

is doctor or pizza maker will change the status khowing that i have already profided affidavit of support to NVC center and i was approved

i can tell that those question are just to intimidate the beneficiary and fail her interview

some other questions that i did extra from other follow citizen experience are:

" do you khow that you are 10 older than you husband " this is TOTAL DISCRIMINATION BY AGE

" do you that you are jew and he's muslim " another DISCRIMINATION BY RELIGION

yes by asking those question this is clear evidence that the consular officer control people life,

and that the merit of visa is based not on legal evidence but on consular officer desire.

here is some opinions that i did extract from other follow postings

" i BELIEVE THESE PEOPLE WORKING IN THE EMBASSY'S AND CONSULATES SHOULD BE TAPED AND RECORDED "

" , we pay a lot of money for these fees that keep increasing, causing us to go broke in the name of love. We do it for that reason alone, LOVE. Who are these people to deny us love and family. The majority of our loved ones have nothing but good intentions when trying to come to the USA "

" how would you like to not see the person you love with your whole heart and soul for that long, and have no end in sight? Think about it, it's hard and lonely and sad. Nobody should be put through what we are all experiencing. It's just not fair "

" we now go to the bottom of the pile and start all over again. It has been there for 9 months and nothing has been done on our case. We are still waiting for them to even look at our case. I was born and raised in the US and am a US citizen and I fell in love with a man from another country and I cant even be with "

" I have been there 3 times to see him and have to plan another trip due to the fact that they are not processing our case. Alot of people have children and jobs that we can not walk away from, but have to do what we can to try to see our loved ones.

They need to hire more people. Under no cercumstances should our returned cases go back into the filling pile. We have already waited for all the processing"

" I think they should record and tape all interviews "

" Yes, I have been through the immigration process myself and with my husband.

I suggest taped interviews of the intending immigrant, a chance for them to have all their evidence looked at and considered, also a faster appeal process on denied petitions. Denials should not be based on age/race or other biased opinions of the consular officer, but on fact and evidence alone.

Yes, I have been through the immigration process myself and with my husband.

I suggest taped interviews of the intending immigrant, a chance for them to have all their evidence looked at and considered, also a faster appeal process on denied petitions. Denials should not be based on age/race or other biased opinions of the consular officer, but on fact and evidence alone.

I suggest taped interviews of the intending immigrant, a chance for them to have all their evidence looked at and considered, also a faster appeal process on denied petitions. Denials should not be based on age/race or other biased opinions of the consular officer, but on fact and evidence alone"

" Yes we were denied on *** in Casa with no reason given with intent to send back only to start all over. Most of the evidence was not even looked at or considered. I believe our case was denied soley on my age being older than his "

" Yes, My Fiance and I had our petition returned on *** from the Consulate in Morocco with no given reason."

" Record all interviews 2.Partial interview questions on a computer,printed and signed by the applicant verifying their reponses.3.If a 221G is issued , a second consular officer(preferably a supervisor) should question the applicant to verify the reponses that were documented.4 The return letter should indicate a new case number, a processing fee with a priority date separate from other petitions or actions.5 All interviews be performed in a more private, designated area "

" yes,they sent our petition back,it took them over a year to reaffirm it,which should of gone alot faster "

" Yes, my fiance was denied in Morocco on *** without any given reason. The Consulate Officer kept digging at my age(15 yrs older) and being born Jewish "

" I have been told by *** that the Consulate does not get paid to answer phone calls, they are short staffed and that I should call Congress and complain "

" For the government to look into Consulates and their officers. Start recording and video taping interviews "

" No assumptioms should be made prior to actually talking with the interviewee. Along with the original petition the USC sends in, the interviewee comes with more supporting documentations. They should be reviewed at the time of the intervew and they should be allowed to explain any questions at that time the officer may have. If the evidence is not satisfactory to the officer, they should explain why it is not and they should be given the reasons as to why they are denied. It makes it hard for the USC to prepare for a rebuttal without the specifics. Interviews should be conducted in a more private environment. I am sure they are naturally nervous in regards to the interview and to have to do it in front of a waiting room full of people "

end

those are just opinions from beneficiary who had a chance to deal with the us consulate of casablanca

in morocco i'm one of them who has to struggle to bring my wife here accordingly of us immigration

laws.

Thanks for reading me, and i wait for you opinions, comments and suggestions

THANK YOU ALL

• 1 year later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I know it's been a very long time but is it possible to update on your case? I'm praying all is well and your in the USA with your loved one by now.

hi eveyone,

i'm new in this forum, but i did gain some experience though reading postings.

let me tell you that i was surprised to read some other people experience with the consular officer in

casablanca morocco. the way they handle interviews and look at evidences.my wife is one of the

victim, the result is our case was sent back to uscisfor review not even a brief explanation for the

reason

all i can say this "CASABLANCA CONSULATE IS OUT OF US IMMIGRATION NORMES"

if you bring in hundreds of pictures of you weeding, emails , phones calls, WHO CARES !!!!!

it's up to the consular officer, she's the one who decide to the future of your life.if she likes you

she dont even look at evidences, if she dont then, she overlook everythings. the result is

" you petition will be sent sent back to uscis for further review of the relationship"

once the is case is sent back, you have to wait, god only khows how long, my be months, my be

years. then they will send you a notice of intend to deny and they will ask you to send more proofs

to reaffirm the relationship. those are the same proof that you may profide during consulate interview

which mean WASTE OF TIME , DOUBLE WORK, USCIS ADMINISTRATIVE BURDEN then you case will

be sent back to the consulate for visa issuance.

i khow a follow citizen that she had to sent 28 POUNDS !!!! of evidence to uscis to turn down their

intention to deny her husband

another follow citizen had to write to the consul general and us ambassador concerning her husband

yes so many stories and cases. why ???? because the consular officer chose to say "NO"

yes the consular officer is more powerful than uscis and nvc

now let's talk about the way the handle interviews:

consular officer can ask any question she want without respecting us laws and beneficiary feelings

for example my wife was asked these 2 questions

" how many man did you talk to before you met your husband "

" can you speak english with me little bit "

my wife chose to have her interview in french

" i want more details what's you husband job"

is doctor or pizza maker will change the status khowing that i have already profided affidavit of support to NVC center and i was approved

i can tell that those question are just to intimidate the beneficiary and fail her interview

some other questions that i did extra from other follow citizen experience are:

" do you khow that you are 10 older than you husband " this is TOTAL DISCRIMINATION BY AGE

" do you that you are jew and he's muslim " another DISCRIMINATION BY RELIGION

yes by asking those question this is clear evidence that the consular officer control people life,

and that the merit of visa is based not on legal evidence but on consular officer desire.

here is some opinions that i did extract from other follow postings

" i BELIEVE THESE PEOPLE WORKING IN THE EMBASSY'S AND CONSULATES SHOULD BE TAPED AND RECORDED "

" , we pay a lot of money for these fees that keep increasing, causing us to go broke in the name of love. We do it for that reason alone, LOVE. Who are these people to deny us love and family. The majority of our loved ones have nothing but good intentions when trying to come to the USA "

" how would you like to not see the person you love with your whole heart and soul for that long, and have no end in sight? Think about it, it's hard and lonely and sad. Nobody should be put through what we are all experiencing. It's just not fair "

" we now go to the bottom of the pile and start all over again. It has been there for 9 months and nothing has been done on our case. We are still waiting for them to even look at our case. I was born and raised in the US and am a US citizen and I fell in love with a man from another country and I cant even be with "

" I have been there 3 times to see him and have to plan another trip due to the fact that they are not processing our case. Alot of people have children and jobs that we can not walk away from, but have to do what we can to try to see our loved ones.

They need to hire more people. Under no cercumstances should our returned cases go back into the filling pile. We have already waited for all the processing"

" I think they should record and tape all interviews "

Yes, I have been through the immigration process myself and with my husband.

I suggest taped interviews of the intending immigrant, a chance for them to have all their evidence looked at and considered, also a faster appeal process on denied petitions. Denials should not be based on age/race or other biased opinions of the consular officer, but on fact and evidence alone"

" Yes we were denied on *** in Casa with no reason given with intent to send back only to start all over. Most of the evidence was not even looked at or considered. I believe our case was denied soley on my age being older than his "

" Yes, My Fiance and I had our petition returned on *** from the Consulate in Morocco with no given reason."

" Record all interviews 2.Partial interview questions on a computer,printed and signed by the applicant verifying their reponses.3.If a 221G is issued , a second consular officer(preferably a supervisor) should question the applicant to verify the reponses that were documented.4 The return letter should indicate a new case number, a processing fee with a priority date separate from other petitions or actions.5 All interviews be performed in a more private, designated area "

" yes,they sent our petition back,it took them over a year to reaffirm it,which should of gone alot faster "

" Yes, my fiance was denied in Morocco on *** without any given reason. The Consulate Officer kept digging at my age(15 yrs older) and being born Jewish "

" I have been told by *** that the Consulate does not get paid to answer phone calls, they are short staffed and that I should call Congress and complain "

" For the government to look into Consulates and their officers. Start recording and video taping interviews "

" No assumptioms should be made prior to actually talking with the interviewee. Along with the original petition the USC sends in, the interviewee comes with more supporting documentations. They should be reviewed at the time of the intervew and they should be allowed to explain any questions at that time the officer may have. If the evidence is not satisfactory to the officer, they should explain why it is not and they should be given the reasons as to why they are denied. It makes it hard for the USC to prepare for a rebuttal without the specifics. Interviews should be conducted in a more private environment. I am sure they are naturally nervous in regards to the interview and to have to do it in front of a waiting room full of people "

end

those are just opinions from beneficiary who had a chance to deal with the us consulate of casablanca

in morocco i'm one of them who has to struggle to bring my wife here accordingly of us immigration

laws.

Thanks for reading me, and i wait for you opinions, comments and suggestions

THANK YOU ALL

America, Give Me My Spouse/Fiancé !

https://www.youtube....O6dwPf8HqZBzjUA

Help us make processing times at USCIS service centers fairer.
http://helptsc.tumblr.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Married. 10-16-2011. (L)

I-130 Sent. 03-14-2014 PD changed 6-24-2013. Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 05-28-2014.

I-130 NOA1. 03-20-2013. Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

Returned to me due to mistake. 04-27-2013. Submit DS-261: 05-28-2014 Scanned on May 30 Th.
Returned to USCIS
04-30-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to me again USCIS mistake.
05-14-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to USCIS. 06-24-2013 due to travel. Receive IV Bill: 07-07-2014. 2uge4p4.gif
I-130 NOA2, Approved. 04-08-2014. Send IV Package: 07-22-2014 Scanned 07/24/2014.
Your I-130 was approved in 283, actual 343 days.
Submitted DS-260; 07/14/2014

Arrived NVC. 04-25-2014. NVC requested parents marriage cert, 10/10/2014

Case number given. 05-20-2014. Last scan date, 10/22/2014
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014. AOS Approved: 12-16-2014. egyptian.gif
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Receive I-864 Package: 06-25-2014.
Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

CASE COMPLETE : They lied, 09-17-2014 42.gifActual CC 12-16-2014. Finally smiley-sick014.gif

Interview date given on 12-29-2014. Interview date 02-19-2015

01-29-2015 - Medical

02-19-2015 - Interview: Denied, reason given does not believe we are a Bona Fide marriage. voodoo-smiley-emoticon.gif groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif

-----------------------------------------

9hftc5sfgir1vd95.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I'm not MENA but I did find this thread extremely useful. At least when it stayed on track.

These red flags could technically apply for any consulate in the world.

And while it is hard NOT to take such things personally, you have to view your case from the eyes of a CO/US Immigration.They are not sitting there willingly handing out visas. Think of it as guilty before proven innocent. The burden of proof is on the applicant, not the consulate. Don't bank on things such as love and friendship. Love is BLIND. View your cases OBJECTIVELY. Ask for neutral third party observations. A 50 year old American woman, possibly with kids/divorced, engaged to a 20 year guy from an impoverished Third World nation decides to get married after an extremely short courtship of two-three months online is BOUND to raise a few eyebrows. Whether you like it or not. Especially through a high fraud consulate.

So instead of raving and ranting against the unfairness of it all (and yes, of course, it is unfair. But mostly because people in the past HAVE taken advantage of this route), take all the advice you can get. It can only help you. Pinpoint your red flags and work towards eliminating them.

Edited by sachinky

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.