2,895 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Tortmaster said:

Thank you so much for the response. Would I send this to Vermont too or a different address?

You would send it to Vermont. There are filing fees, so if you don't wish to pay them, submit a fee waiver request for each application. There is a lot more to submitting these forms, so be sure to research what else it is you need to do. 

Filed: Timeline
On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:09 PM, justiceseeker said:

Sandranj,

when applying to N-400 ,naturalization under VAWA,what documents you need to add to your application?Do you need to send 2 photos?if u get fingerprint can you do it earlier than the day specified on the letter?

Here's a copy of my cover letter below listing the documents I included with my application. I just completed my naturalization last month. You do need 2 passport photographs, and depending on your local ASC(fingerprinting office), you can usually do a early walk-in for biometrics. I did.

Dear USCIS Examiner: 

Please find enclosed my N400 Application for Naturalization and supporting documents. Also, please also find a completed form G-1450 authorizing payment in the amount of $680 ($595 application fee, plus $85 biometrics fee). I am eligible for Naturalization based on an approved I-360 under section INA 319(a). 

Enclosed also please find the following documents: 

1. A completed form G-1145 – e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance 

1. A completed form G-1450 – Authorization for Credit Card Transactions 

1. My completed form N400. 

1. Attached USCIS Memoranda ‘Regarding the Expanded Meaning of Section 319(a) and ‘Clarification of Classes of Applicants Eligible for Naturalization Under Section 319(a). 

1. Form I797 notice of action (approved I360 notice) 

1. Form I797 notice of action (I485 approved notice) 

1. Copy of Birth certificate 

1. Copy of both sides of my Permanent Resident Card 

1. Two identical color photos. 

1. A copy of my passport. (Expired copy and New copy of passport.) 

1. Copy of marriage certificate to Ex-husband. 

1. Copy of divorce decree from Ex-husband. 

1. IRS tax transcripts for years 2013, 2014, and 2015 tax return. 

1. Copies of lease agreements for residences lived in during the past three years. 

1. Copy of my child’s Birth certificate. 

1. List of additional organizations I was a member of. 

Please advise if you have any further questions or concerns related to this application.

Edited by believe
Added more info

July 2011 - Applied for VAWA with I-765 and I-485 with fee waivers - receipt date Aug 4, 2011
August 10th 2011 - Received NOA's for all 3, fee waivers accepted
August 26th 2011 - Received EAD
Early July 2012 - Re-applied for EAD based on pending I-485
Mid July 2012 - Received NOA for 2nd EAD
August 1st 2012 - Received EAD
Silence for a few more months
October 26th 2012 - I-360 approval
November 19th '12 - Case transferred
May 2013 - Received interview notice

June 2013 - Interview (approved)

Permanent resident since June 2013

20 hours ago, gramercy said:

MsBoo try to mail a "change of address form" for your peace of mind.

or... as an alternative: Go to this link on USPS and see if this service is available in your area https://my.usps.com/mobileWeb/pages/intro/start.action you will receive emails with images of mail coming to your inbox (most the time)  you will just know what's coming but it won't necessarily protect your privacy if it gets in the wrong hands

Thank you for the suggestion. My mail is in no longer in danger of being intercepted.  I am simply anxious to receive notification that USCIS have looked at it (at least opened the envelope).  I was anxious before I filed and was writing/filling in forms.  Now I am more anxious.  It is totally perverse thinking on my part.

18 hours ago, miloy001 said:

If you have an immigration visa available you could file I-485/I-765. For example, the abusive spouse/ex-spouse is a US citizen, or you have an approval I-130 filed previously.

Would vawa receipt/notice of action need to be attached? And would filer need to prove spouse is a citizen ? 

Filed: Timeline

guys, hello!

I have not received my EAD yet, filed dec,8/2016

have notice of receipt,

did finger print.

called USCIS today and the office said that needs to pass 90-120 business days, is that rue? i told that web site doesn't indicate anything about "business" days, she still said, has to pass 90-120 business days, is it true? i have to work and support my 2 kids, can't wait. oh, lord give me some patience please.

please advice on what else I can do besides waiting and waiting ...:(

19 minutes ago, newyorkfreebird said:

guys, hello!

I have not received my EAD yet, filed dec,8/2016

have notice of receipt,

did finger print.

called USCIS today and the office said that needs to pass 90-120 business days, is that rue? i told that web site doesn't indicate anything about "business" days, she still said, has to pass 90-120 business days, is it true? i have to work and support my 2 kids, can't wait. oh, lord give me some patience please.

please advice on what else I can do besides waiting and waiting ...:(

It does take 3-5 months normally but you can ask for expedited processing if you have financial hardship.

Contact your congressman's office (http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/) and provide them with your supporting documents & info and they shall request it on your behalf

Edited by gramercy

Timeline: 

May 2016 retained an attorney and started to prepare my VAWA petition. 

11/08/2016 mailed my packet

11/28/2016 USCIS rejected my packet (expired forms) :(((  

11/29/2016 Mailed my packet again Via ExpressMail (I-360, I-485, I-864w, I-765, I-912, G-325A) with previous rejection notice on top & a request to expedite EAD

12/14/2016 Date on the NOA  

12/31/2016 Attorney emailed my Prima Facie (Notice date 12/19/2018)   (180 days)

01/14/2017 Mailed my husband’s birth certificate with the blue receipt that came with my Prima Facie

01/17/2018 I-360 online Update (correspondence received)

12/25/2016 Notice for Biometrics

01/12/2017 Biometrics completed

01/31/2017 EAD update (Ordered my new card)

02/04/2017 My first EAD delivered.

02/06/2017 Picked my EAD & applied for SSN

02/14/2017 Applied for state ID

02/15/2017 Applied for Medicaid

06/03/2017 Received my Prima Facie (180 days)

10/22/2017 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912) and request to extend PF

11/21/2017 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

12/13/2017 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

03/08/2018 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

05/03/2018 Received my 5th Prima Facie (180 days)

05/08/2018   VAWA approved (online Update)

05/14/2018  Case moved to NBC 

05/15/2018 Approval notice & Deferred Action delivered 

07/26/2018 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912)

09/05/2018 update (ِِAfter responding to the senator's inquiry USCIS stated my file was mailed 08/14/2018 and received by NYC field office 08/23/2018) 

9/22/2018 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

10/24/2018  Attorney emailed my interview notice

11/05/2018 Completed the medical (I-693)

11/08/2018  interview for I-485    (took I-693, W2 & Employment verification letter)     Details in this link https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/679733-vawa-part-11/?page=173&tab=comments#comment-9464423

11/16/2018 Received my GC

08/10/2021 Submitted form N-400 Online and received the receipt notice

08/18/2021 Received notice for biometric reuse

01/18/2022 Notice of interview

02/15/2022 Interview for N-400 and test 

02/22/2022 N-400 approved

02/23/2022 Oath Ceremony Scheduled 

03/17/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yay solo para contarles que hoy me llego notificacion de que enviaron mi tarjeta de trabajo wohoooo

Mis fechas:

Paquete enviado dic 5

Huellas: feb 6

Rfe feb 7

Mensaje de recibido rfe feb 13

Produccion de tarjeta dic 23 

Enviada feb 28 yayyy

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hello sandra...

please i really need your help or anyone with experience on VAWA. have a silent reader. i file form i-360 with an attorney last year august and got prima facie the next month and i haven't hear anything from them.so i want to start filing for EAD and i-485 but the money my attorney is requesting is toomuch and i dont have that kind of money at the moment cause i haven't be able to work.so i want to file for the EAD and i-485 myself i just want some that can put me through in getting all the document together...thanks in advance  

50 minutes ago, Dennisbbest said:

hello sandra...

please i really need your help or anyone with experience on VAWA. have a silent reader. i file form i-360 with an attorney last year august and got prima facie the next month and i haven't hear anything from them.so i want to start filing for EAD and i-485 but the money my attorney is requesting is toomuch and i dont have that kind of money at the moment cause i haven't be able to work.so i want to file for the EAD and i-485 myself i just want some that can put me through in getting all the document together...thanks in advance  

Hi you can type 'niwap vawa' in your browser. The result that starts 'preparing the vawa self-petition...' , is the one you should select. It will take you to an article, just scroll to page 23. The entire article is very informative, so you can download it for future reference as well. If you're unsure about anything please research or seek someone's advice before submitting. I

gain most of my knowledge from these forums and from online articles, so I'm no expert. I hope it is at least a start. 

1 hour ago, Hopeful diva said:

What do I fill out on the EAD form where it says current immigration status? Do I put adjusting status or vawa pending? 

I wrote Prima Facie Determination Letter Recipient.... (I'm not sure if it's a 'status' lol ?) So far, they haven't asked for an RFE

Filed: Other Timeline

I don't know how to say this but I just got out from detention, why because all this time I moved away from my abusive and still kept on filling criminal charges against me that I abuse her. Which ain't true, she managed to get a protective order and later called the cops that I violated it. And all this while I had no idea she did this until I got to the courthouse with my lawyer to get my protective order that I saw the charges against me, immediately I guess passed out. Because I really didn't believe this was happening to me, very smart as she is she got my name and date of birth correct but used a random address which I don't know so I could be served, so that led to all this. At the moment I'm at highest peak in depression, haven't ate or drank water, I've lost everything I guess life has to offer because I don't know what's coming. Please do pray for me as I will do pray for you too. 

These are darker days for me and I do pray for God to give me energy and strength to proceed with life. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, RonandJay said:

Hi you can type 'niwap vawa' in your browser. The result that starts 'preparing the vawa self-petition...' , is the one you should select. It will take you to an article, just scroll to page 23. The entire article is very informative, so you can download it for future reference as well. If you're unsure about anything please research or seek someone's advice before submitting. I

gain most of my knowledge from these forums and from online articles, so I'm no expert. I hope it is at least a start. 

what i want to know is.. how do i let them know am filing for EAD and i-485 based on pending i-360?

Edited by Dennisbbest

1 hour ago, aquila said:

I don't know how to say this but I just got out from detention, why because all this time I moved away from my abusive and still kept on filling criminal charges against me that I abuse her. Which ain't true, she managed to get a protective order and later called the cops that I violated it. And all this while I had no idea she did this until I got to the courthouse with my lawyer to get my protective order that I saw the charges against me, immediately I guess passed out. Because I really didn't believe this was happening to me, very smart as she is she got my name and date of birth correct but used a random address which I don't know so I could be served, so that led to all this. At the moment I'm at highest peak in depression, haven't ate or drank water, I've lost everything I guess life has to offer because I don't know what's coming. Please do pray for me as I will do pray for you too. 

These are darker days for me and I do pray for God to give me energy and strength to proceed with life. 

Wow so sorry to hear. I can't imagine thr pain that you are going through at this moment. But if she didn't put in the right address, how were you served? 

1 hour ago, Dennisbbest said:

what i want to know is.. how do i let them know am filing for EAD and i-485 based on pending i-360?

I'm guessing the only way to do that would be to include a copy of your vawa receipt. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.