2,895 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Dennisbbest said:

what i want to know is.. how do i let them know am filing for EAD and i-485 based on pending i-360?

You would write a cover letter explaining this, and also attach a copy of your I-360 approval document 

Filed: Other Country: Marshall Islands
Timeline

Hello, I'm New here. I filed 360/765/485 in July 2016. 

Now it's time to renew my Prima Facie cause I didn't get any notice from USCIS. 

Could anyone help me how to renew my Prima Facie? It expires April. 

Because of I filed all three by myself, I now have no idea how to renew Prima Facie.

Help Please..

Thank you.

Edited by JOEEE

12 hours ago, RonandJay said:

I wrote Prima Facie Determination Letter Recipient.... (I'm not sure if it's a 'status' lol ?) So far, they haven't asked for an RFE

Lol! ?

1 hour ago, JOEEE said:

Hello, I'm New here. I filed 360/765/485 in July 2016. 

Now it's time to renew my Prima Facie cause I didn't get any notice from USCIS. 

Could anyone help me how to renew my Prima Facie? It expires April. 

Because of I filed all three by myself, I now have no idea how to renew Prima Facie.

Help Please..

Thank you.

I just sent my renewal letter in, and this is what I did:

1. Form G-1145

2. Cover letter stating: That you're applying for an extension of your prima Facie status, and you're asking them for their kind consideration in the matter. 

3. Attach the blue notice (or copy) that you got with your initial prima facie letter ...read the bottom of the notice. 

4. Attach a copy of your prima Facie letter

5. Attach a copy of your passport biometrics page

6. Attach a copy of your I-94

7. Attach a copy of your birth certificate. 

8. Attach front a back copies of your EAD card. 

***That is what I did. I am not certain you truly need all the documents listed from 5-8, but I submitted them just in case. 

I hope this helps. 

Filed: Other Timeline
3 hours ago, Hopeful diva said:

Wow so sorry to hear. I can't imagine thr pain that you are going through at this moment. But if she didn't put in the right address, how were you served? 

I'm sure she already planned it, so it was yesterday when I got to the courthouse for get my protective order in place that I  was served and taken into detention for booking for violation of a protective order on me. 

Hi Guys!!! 

My EAD card is being produced!! Praises be to God!!

Today was a tough day. My 12 year old daughter, with the aid of her dad, practically disowned me today, because I can't afford to do anything for her right now. They hung up the phone on me and refuse to answer my call. 

What about the time that I was working? What about when I could do things for her? That time didn't count for anything? She said I have an excuse for everything. That doesn't even sound like a child talking. I know he has influenced her, but her tone also made me realize she is also not very into me right now.

People wouldn't understand what we go through while we wait on our papers to be approved. I can't work and it has ruined the relationship I have with my child and now I don't know how to fix it from here. 

This notice has somewhat lifted my spirits. I will continue to pray for all of us. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Totmaster you can file the AOS now if you want,but keep in mind if you file the AOS and the case is denied you will be removed from the U.S. If you file just I-360 in case of denial they are not removing people.

1 minute ago, sandranj said:

Totmaster you can file the AOS now if you want,but keep in mind if you file the AOS and the case is denied you will be removed from the U.S. If you file just I-360 in case of denial they are not removing people.

Thank you, I feel like I have nothing to lose right now.

5 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Is there anything specific I need to do to ensure that I get a work permit quickly and that they wont wait for I-360 approval first?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

DENNISBEST

To file for AOS you should submit Form I -485, G325A, I-864W, I-765(optional) I-130 (optional) I-693, G1145. If you can;t afford to pay USCIS fees  then file  the form I- 912 plus documents proving bonafide marriage. Submit a copy of your marriage certificate and translation, copy of married certificate, a copy of your husband birth certificate or copy of his passport, copy of your passport, 4 passport pictures, divorce decree (if any) a copy  of the Vawa receipt. 

In the form i-765 choose category  ( C)  ( 9 )  (  )

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.