dwheels76

NVC Filers - December 2016

602 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

UPDATE

On monday we had exactly 6 weeks from scan date, so we called yesterday. The rep said there was no updates on our case, so we requested a supervisor. She said there's nothing wrong with our case, it's just that they are experimenting an abnormal amount of cases lately and as per our request she would, but to be warned, once she do that:

"she would pull us out of the normal list and put us on the supervisor's list" there is no guaranty of when the sup would be able to review it and it could take another 6 weeks!!! (i bet she was trying to scare us and persuade us away from escalating it to a sup)

Then we became upset about it and started asking if just because we're requesting a supervisor it could double our time waiting, so i guess she tried to take it back or something , because she said it's actually the "best of both worlds, because we won't be pull out of the regular list and at the same time we would be at the supervisor list" (????)

We told her we reconfirmed our decision for a sup to review or case.

Hopefully this won't take us another six weeks.

(L) Jan 23, 2016 - Marriage (L)

USCIS STAGE

May 16, 2016 - I-130 sent
May 23,2016 - email notification received
May 28, 2016 - NOA 1 Hard Copy received

Case assigned to Potomac. Receipt Number beginning with YSC

May 19,2019 - Priority and received date

August 29, 2016 - I-130 APPROVED

NVC STAGE

October 3, 2016 - AOS and IV Paid

October 7,2016 - DS-261 submitted
October 18, 2016 - AOS and IV package sent to NVC

October 24, 2016 - NVC scan date

December 27, 2016 - NVC CASE COMPLETED

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

I'm slapping myself on the hand right now. Finally called in since we reached our 6 weeks, and they apparently haven't touched the DS-260 (which they still think is missing), because they reviewed my emailed AOS package when it came in a day before the DS-260, and it was missing our marriage certificate. Apparently, when I split up all the scans into separate files according to their instructions, that's the file I forgot.

Thanks for telling me, NVC... ugghhh, and here I pride myself on my attention to detail.. :(

When we called, the rep asked us if we had submitted the DS-260 AFTER sending the AOS and IV package because that is usually a reason for CC delay.... but that wasn't our case....

(L) Jan 23, 2016 - Marriage (L)

USCIS STAGE

May 16, 2016 - I-130 sent
May 23,2016 - email notification received
May 28, 2016 - NOA 1 Hard Copy received

Case assigned to Potomac. Receipt Number beginning with YSC

May 19,2019 - Priority and received date

August 29, 2016 - I-130 APPROVED

NVC STAGE

October 3, 2016 - AOS and IV Paid

October 7,2016 - DS-261 submitted
October 18, 2016 - AOS and IV package sent to NVC

October 24, 2016 - NVC scan date

December 27, 2016 - NVC CASE COMPLETED

Looking for some CC announcements! Come on NVC, get these cases complete!

I'm at the hotel in London waiting for my interview tomorrow.

You folks will be there soon. Keep the faith.

What time was your interview for? I was going to stay in a hotel day before my interview, but i don't think i can because of my 3 year old son, so am now

going to travel by train, i am travelling from Daventry Northamptonshire, The Midlands.....

Congrats btw.... :dancing:

Ok, I know it's a stupid question. I just sent updated I-864 for me and for the Joint Sponsor. However, I missed to send the freaking proof of citizenship for my Joint. I should know the answer already but I want to rub it in. My joint sponsor has rental income other than the current employment which earns more than $100 k a year. Do NVC really really need a copy of the biographic data page in the US Passport? Seriously :cry:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I lost three months because of a shitty lawyer. Actually, more like five months because my process would have been completed in a much shorter timeframe had everything gone like it was supposed to. Anyway, I also work with lawyers, and they assured me that I should not feel bad simply because they have filled out a few forms; it's completely not alright. I asked for my full retainer (the money paid up front) back, and to have a complete copy of my case file (because it is your right to receive those documents). Both were returned to me. It's possible that you can not demand all of the money back, sure, but you have every right to point out the blatant mistake and ask for a portion of the money returned to you. AND ask for your case file to be returned to you!

Can't believe it. I just got an Email back from her telling me she does not do electronic filing since there is always requests for documents since they misplace them. And get this... She did not apologize- no she told me she wants the police certificate to be translated. Now on the travel.gov website it clearly says that any documents must only be translated if it is not in the original language of where the petition is being processed, in my case germany. The police certificate is in german. WTH?

Can't believe it. I just got an Email back from her telling me she does not do electronic filing since there is always requests for documents since they misplace them. And get this... She did not apologize- no she told me she wants the police certificate to be translated. Now on the travel.gov website it clearly says that any documents must only be translated if it is not in the original language of where the petition is being processed, in my case germany. The police certificate is in german. WTH?

Her response makes NO sense. She thinks they will be less likely to misplace a paper file than an electronic one...? #######?? Remember, even though it doesn't seem like it, YOU are the one in charge. YOU are the one paying THEM. Their job is to advise you and tell you what they believe is best, but in the end everything is your decision - you're the client. Yikes. While she may be requesting the translation because they like to be safe about it (I included a translation even though it is supposedly not needed), if you tell her to send it without the translation, she needs to do so. So that's your call either way. I speak Spanish very well so luckily I just translated mine on my own and then had someone else sign the certification. I can not get over why she didn't include it in the first place though...? And why did she not request the police certificate to be translated when you gave it to her MONTHS ago?! Especially at her price point. I'm sorry :ranting:

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

I know it's very frustrating but some stuff so simple we miss and we learn from it. You can have someone translate the police clearance report to you and have it notarized. See the below link it might help

http://www.visajourney.com/content/translations

Your attorney is an idiot....Sorry you had to deal with such a creature

Timeline

Her response makes NO sense. She thinks they will be less likely to misplace a paper file than an electronic one...? #######?? Remember, even though it doesn't seem like it, YOU are the one in charge. YOU are the one paying THEM. Their job is to advise you and tell you what they believe is best, but in the end everything is your decision - you're the client. Yikes. While she may be requesting the translation because they like to be safe about it (I included a translation even though it is supposedly not needed), if you tell her to send it without the translation, she needs to do so. So that's your call either way. I speak Spanish very well so luckily I just translated mine on my own and then had someone else sign the certification. I can not get over why she didn't include it in the first place though...? And why did she not request the police certificate to be translated when you gave it to her MONTHS ago?! Especially at her price point. I'm sorry :ranting:

I know it's very frustrating but some stuff so simple we miss and we learn from it. You can have someone translate the police clearance report to you and have it notarized. See the below link it might help

http://www.visajourney.com/content/translations

Your attorney is an idiot....Sorry you had to deal with such a creature

I just told her to send it via Email ASAP ( i sent it out myself earlier today i wanna put her to work though) and i sent her the link to the travel.gov. website where it says it does not need to be translated if the certificate is in the language of the processing Embassy. I mean.. i would've had to translate my birth certificate too and she never asked me to do that.

I am sorry but i won't get this certificate -i do not have entries - translated from an official translator costing me 50€ just because her A** wants to be safe. Noway. That would delay the whole process even longer! And yes- why did she not provided it in the first place is a huge mystery. She had such good reviews on avvo and graduated from a very well known law school, so i thought she is worth the money. It is so frustrating you guys. I feel like we wasted so much cash on someone that can't do their job right. So much cash i could've used for our actual wedding ceremony. Makes me cringe.

Any bad lawyer experience here you might want to share with me?

What time was your interview for? I was going to stay in a hotel day before my interview, but i don't think i can because of my 3 year old son, so am now

going to travel by train, i am travelling from Daventry Northamptonshire, The Midlands.....

Congrats btw.... :dancing:

Thanks!

Mine was 12.00 noon but I went in at 10.45. It was very quiet. No massive queue in the tents outside like I have read about. I just walked right in.

I took the bus from Bournemouth the day before. Because of the traffic on the M3 with the roadworks I didn't want to risk a bus on the morning of the interview so I went the day before.

I just told her to send it via Email ASAP ( i sent it out myself earlier today i wanna put her to work though) and i sent her the link to the travel.gov. website where it says it does not need to be translated if the certificate is in the language of the processing Embassy. I mean.. i would've had to translate my birth certificate too and she never asked me to do that.

I am sorry but i won't get this certificate -i do not have entries - translated from an official translator costing me 50€ just because her A** wants to be safe. Noway. That would delay the whole process even longer! And yes- why did she not provided it in the first place is a huge mystery. She had such good reviews on avvo and graduated from a very well known law school, so i thought she is worth the money. It is so frustrating you guys. I feel like we wasted so much cash on someone that can't do their job right. So much cash i could've used for our actual wedding ceremony. Makes me cringe.

Any bad lawyer experience here you might want to share with me?

Did she tell you how many CR-1/IR-1 cases she has previously represented? It sounds to me like she is doing this process for the very first time.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

Thanks!

Mine was 12.00 noon but I went in at 10.45. It was very quiet. No massive queue in the tents outside like I have read about. I just walked right in.

I took the bus from Bournemouth the day before. Because of the traffic on the M3 with the roadworks I didn't want to risk a bus on the morning of the interview so I went the day before.

Did she tell you how many CR-1/IR-1 cases she has previously represented? It sounds to me like she is doing this process for the very first time.

Apperantly over her 12 years of practice she has done consular processing in over 70 countries. I don't think she had a German before. Most of her clients are from Russia and the Ukraine since she is from there. Maybe translations for other countries are necessary but not in my case. Please do tell me if i am wrong.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Apperantly over her 12 years of practice she has done consular processing in over 70 countries. I don't think she had a German before. Most of her clients are from Russia and the Ukraine since she is from there. Maybe translations for other countries are necessary but not in my case. Please do tell me if i am wrong.

Not German... but... I emailed the US embassy in Croatia to ask exactly which papers are required to constitute the "police certificate", and they specifically told me that it DOES NOT need to be translated.

If you are a German citizen, filing in Germany, and the document is in German it DOES NOT need to be translated!

I am sorry this lady is screwing you around. Stick to your guns and force her to get it done.

US Citizen Filing for Spouse - Married since January 2009, 2 Children

IR1 Visa - US Citizen living abroad, not DCF, Re-establishing Domicile, Joint Sponsor

12.April.2016 Filed I-130

22.June.2016 NOA1 (they entered my address incorrectly, therefore was not delivered until JULY)

07.Sept.2016 I-130 approved

07.Oct.2017 NVC welcome letter received

10.Nov.2016 Complete DS-261

10.Nov.2016 Payed AOS/IV Bill

19.Nov.2016 Complete DS-260

26.Nov.2016 Mailed AOS/IV Packet to NVC

29.Nov.2016 AOS/IV Packet Delivered to NVC

01. Dec.2016 Scan Date
13.Jan.2017 Checklist for  I-864 pages 10-12 BLANK FORM PAGES
02.Feb.2017 2nd Scan Date

14.April.2017 Case Complete (CC at exactly 10 weeks)

04.May.2017 Interview date scheduled/received email from NVC

10.May.2017 Medical
01.June.2017 Interview - APPROVED!

Timeline

Not German... but... I emailed the US embassy in Croatia to ask exactly which papers are required to constitute the "police certificate", and they specifically told me that it DOES NOT need to be translated.

If you are a German citizen, filing in Germany, and the document is in German it DOES NOT need to be translated!

I am sorry this lady is screwing you around. Stick to your guns and force her to get it done.

Thanks. I just feel so worn out. I was so happy the six weeks are over and now it begins again. How do ppl cope with this? And the worst part is.. it's not even my fault! Thats what you get for not double checking. I am such a control Freak at work and i trusted an attorney and it got all screwed up. :ranting:

LOL I have a German police certificate here too and translation. You could have borrowed and just changed the name. It also says 'no entries'.

Now I needed a translation for mine because I interviewed in London.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I'm confused. I had to translate all of my Japanese documents into English even though my wife will be going for the interview at the consulate in Japan. This is obviously an extra step that would not be required if the whole process was done in Japan like it used to be,.

BTW - I did this whole thing in 2001 for the same wife - but - we didnt move to the US so it lapsed. IT WAS SO EASY in 2001.... None of this painful waiting.

Hi everyone, new to the thread but I've been watching it religiously.

Started the whole process in March and in the same boat as everyone here it seems.

Scan date at nvc is October 12th, and sent for supervisor review on November 25th.

I literally call every single morning with no joy, so now on calendar day 12 of supervisor review. Praying for a CC and not a checklist.

I want nothing more than to be with my husband before our first anniversary in March.

Good luck to everyone. Keep those CC posts coming, you give the rest of us hope

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.