USA BRA

I-140 for EB1A Extraordinary Ability

101 posts in this topic

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
35 minutes ago, goblin said:

As f f suggest, glad to help as good as we can if you post the text here without revealing personal information. If it is a letter try an OCR software, otherwise show us a scan with the sensitive sections blacked out. Unfortunately many lawyers charge money for RFEs. National awards can be sufficient to full fill the award criteria though. USCIS might not initially understand or be satisfied with the way they have been presented, but it still can be done.

If you have a feeling that your lawyer will blow this now, you wouldn't be the first one to switch to a different one at this point. :unsure:

I was reading that I can go on my own to produce my answer to RFE, I've researched and I could do, do you think it is a good option?

I will post the RFE letter as soon as I can.

Thank you 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Well you are not required to have a lawyer at all, but I always had a feeling that to USCIS it is some sort of a truth pre-check up having a US attorney involved. Since you are at RFE stage now my personal opinion would be to NOT do it without a lawyer. I know it bothers you to pay more money, but you are so close.

Keep in mind you wont get a second RFE if USCIS is not satisfied. Next step would be a DENIAL. Again if you are not happy with your lawyer, take some days to talk to some other ones first. Most initial consultations should be FREE and with your petition & RFE letter many should be able to give you a clear answer.

Hope you can get that sorted out fast!

Timeline

Well seems I must correct my previous post!

Multiple RFEs are possible but rare. However I would recommend to not "try things" by responding yourself first and if that is not enough do it again with a lawyer etc..

Edited by goblin

• 1 month later...
Timeline

My friends, first thank you for all your help.

My visa is still on processing,  we preparing the reply for the RFE

I would like to ask you if is it allowed or forbidden to travel to US while I am in process... 

Can it interfere in the case?

Timeline

Are you continuing with your previous lawyer on the RFE?

I agree with ff on the travel while the petition is pending.

As a resident of Brasil you do need a B visa, is that correct? Do you already have one or need to apply first?

If it is very important, like for job interviews and you can proof it, it might be worth to try. If it is simply for vacation, I would suggest not to. A denial can cause trouble later on as you have to answer that question in the process, if ever a visa has been denied or you have been refused entry to the US.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
4 hours ago, USA BRA said:

My friends on 31st of May I got my case APPROVED....

Thanks God. Thank you all that helped me, took your time to oriented me and showed me the way.

Thank you so very much...

That is FANTASTIC news! Congratulations!!:jest:

I was just going over the previous discussion and you have been on this trip for quite a while, so I can TOTALLY understand your feeling of relief now! You will NEVER forget this moment! :D

You have the most important and hardest part DONE and now one last grueling path, the consular processing. It will take about 3-4 weeks now until the case will arrive at NVC and you get your case number & invoice ID. Only then you can continue. However there is little pre-steps you can make to safe time by already collecting all of the supporting documents now like police, birth & marriage certificates, that you eventually have to mail to the NVC of your family and you. It can substantially delay things further, if something is missing.

Happy for you & if I can help please ask.

Edited by goblin

Timeline

Thank you again, for all orientations,  for your time, kindness.... Yes I am already gathering the documents for the next step. And if I need any counsel I will recour to you ok?!

I am beyond of happy..

Thank you God!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

My friend,  first Happy Father's day. 

My friend please if you can give me a opinion...

They say I have to take with me all my documents original to the interview,  are these documents the ones sent to USCIS in i140 process? Or only the documents sent to NVC? I mean the police certificate,  military certificate and etc...

Thank you 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Take everything

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Glad to see things are moving forward...

The required documents, which YES are the originals of the birth certificates, police & military records etc, and specific procedures to prepare for the interview are listed on the state department website: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare.html

You can choose your countries embassy or consulate out of the list, and you get detailed information for example: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/RDJ - Rio de Janeiro.pdf

You DON'T have to bring all the evidence that you have mailed to the USCIS for the I-140, they will have all of that at the consulate. If you want, you can bring updated reference material, like if you had new publications, press, recent job offers after the approval or financial statements showing your income & savings. I even brought my last 3 years tax declarations (just the confirmation forms and spreadsheets about my expenses).

However NONE of that was needed later during the interview, even though I was asked quite a bit about my general income, but that is also because I always have been a freelancer. I even offered to show some material, but the officer was fine with my answers and kindly refused.

Depending on your personal situation, just bring whatever you want to have with you just in case and to calm you down. Because I was quite nervous about the interview, so I did not mind preparing some extra pages, just in case... :D

Good luck!

Edited by goblin

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.