USA BRA

I-140 for EB1A Extraordinary Ability

101 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
6 hours ago, USA BRA said:

Is it good to ask NVC if they already have my case number?

Yes you can call them... it usually takes about 2-3 weeks for your case to arrive from USCIS and for NVC to create a case number. I got mine and the invoice number also over the phone some days earlier and with that I was able to log into CEAC to pay my fee and then got the DS-260 unlocked. As I recommended previously, collect all the information for you and your family now, to fill out the DS-260 quicker.

It wont hurt your case if you call in general, I did it quite often and it saved me about 2 weeks of time and they were always very friendly. Since I was using a US google voice number I could also call for free while being in Germany. However, depending on the time of the day you will have long waiting times.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
11 minutes ago, USA BRA said:

USCIS has already sent my case to NVC on June 12th, they let me know through a letter they sent me by email.

I will contact them to check if they already have a number for me.

Thank you 

You can try, but it will probably take a week more. I got that email as well and 3 days later the CEAC website changed to “Case Was Sent to Department of State” and from that day it took 23 days till my case creation at NVC. I called 3 days later to find out and then told my lawyer to pay the bills. Their office was not the fastest either so it helps to be pre-active and I was super impatient! :D

• 1 month later...
Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Now all my docs are at NVC to be reviewed and to schedule the interview hopefully.  

I read in so many sites different periods for this time of review. Can you tell me your experience with this stage?

Been all documents good how long can it take to receive the letter of interview?

Thank you

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I don't have my case closed yet, I got the fee payments confirmed, my lawyer and I did all online applications and sent them, and sent all documentations for this stage of the process to NVC, I would like to know how long they get to analyse the documentation to proceed to interview arrangements..

Timeline

Ok well then you get a "scan date" confirmation once they receive your physical mail, and then usually a 30 day review notice. It took 25 days in my case and I called NVC to find out and the "case complete" email followed some days later. Interview dates usually get assigned to the end of the month, about 2 weeks after my case complete. You can keep calling around that time to find out the date or simply wait for the notification email.

Your interview date depends on the case load of the consulate and can be 50-100 days in advance. Once I found out mine, I immediately arranged the medical exam, even though that would shorten the length of the visa. Once my case was "in transit" and "ready" I then contacted the consulate to inform them, I already passed my medical exam and ready for a spontaneous interview date, if anything earlier opened up. And it did and I got a phone call asking if I am willing to show up the next day. It reduced my waiting time from originally 50 days to 16. For me the earlier the better, but I didn't want to call it an emergency either. So I guess I was lucky and somebody canceled and in return my open spot helped out somewhere else so the consulate was willing to re-arrange.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

The whole time you are in the NVC stage, it will show you this msg. Once they have mailed the case to the consulate you will see IN TRANSIT and then eventually READY (for your interview).

Did you get your CASE COMPLETE email yet?

Timeline

If you have sent ALL the docs you will get a 30-60 day REVIEW email first and then eventually the CASE COMPLETE and that you are in line for an interview time to be scheduled. Unfortunately NVC can be slow at the moment. There is not much you can do then sit it out. You can call in between to check on the status.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.