USA BRA

I-140 for EB1A Extraordinary Ability

101 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I believe they follow the schedule of any other federal government offices or agencies. That means they will certainly work the days up till Christmas and then close.

I totally understand your anxiety but there is nothing more then to sit it out... the less you think about it and maybe have the holidays distract you, the easier it gets!

Trust me, I know very well what I am talking about since the waiting was almost killing me too! :clock:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
Timeline
14 minutes ago, USA BRA said:

Friend do you know if after approval in USCIS and interview in Consulate can I go on without the lawyer, and do it myself?

The NVC process and tricks to speed it up is better explained here on the forum then it was by the paralegal of my lawyer who passed me over once the I-140 was approved. Nothing difficult about it. I paid a flat fee anyways, so I would send in the same questions to them just to get a second opinion on various things.

Timeline

The USCIS I-140 is one step by itself. After that you have to follow the NVC process like any other immigrant from a country abroad.

The necessary steps are explained here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/approved.html

all at NVC will lead to your consulate interview. Once you are approved there you will receive your passport back with an immigrant visa stamp in it and only THEN you are allowed to enter the US.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, USA BRA said:

How long did your whole process take?

I mean from USCIS to interview?

pretty much on the day 4 months from mailing the case to USCIS (premium processing) to the day I had my passport back in hand ready to travel. That does not include about 6 months previous to that on my personal research and preparation then followed to decide on a lawyer and work on the case with him.

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My case is still in uscis almost 8 months and I will pay premium processing now. But my lawyer told me that I could go to US and apply for residency there (another process) while I wait for the outcome from my prior case. I don't know, I am confused and in doubt!

Timeline
36 minutes ago, USA BRA said:

I've paid premium processing and USPS showed it was received today, do you know if it is long term for them to receive officially it? I mean on my status?

Thank you

You or your lawyer should get an confirmation email and from the date in that mail it is 15 calender days till they have to give you a decision.

Timeline
Just now, USA BRA said:

Thank you so much. 

You are welcome and GOOD LUCK!

Now the excitement to get an answer will give you sleepless nights for sure! I kept my phone on full volume every night to not miss getting a notification. And I got my confirmation that I was approved in the middle of the night around 3 a.m. my local time. I could not sleep any longer afterwards, but also had to wait some hour till my family finally woke up so I could share the great news.

You will NEVER forget that moment and feeling! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.