• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Found your case also on the trackitt forum which is the place for this kind of visa and where you can get a rough estimate on how USCIS TSC is doing these days in terms of regular processing times. I would say anything from 6-10 and sometimes longer is unfortunately normal.

I went for premium processing with mine, as it was (to my lawyers opinion) strong enough and even tough I wasn't in a hurry and its quite expensive, I did it mainly to NOT have to wait. I guess in your case I would sit it out now since you got that far.

Again, what will follow afterwards? AOS or CP?

Timeline

By now I would wait too, except there is an urgent change.

Expecting that your I-140 gets approved, even then the CP will take you another 4-6 months depending on the case load of the NVC and your local consulate. If you are flexible, it wont hurt to ask the consulate for an earlier appointment, once the NVC has assigned you an interview date, but that is at the end of the chain. I did in my case and that saved me a good 1 month. But it was literarily a sudden call "Can you show up tomorrow morning?".

EB1s are rare for CP as about 80% are done by folks in the US with AOS. So this forum here is helpful towards consular processing as much of our path is similar to IR1/CR-1 and K1 visa folks.

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Great hints. Just one more question...

To ask for and earlier appointment with the Consulate, can I make it myself or my lawyer has to do it?

I really thought the time frame for the CP was a bit shorter than that.

Timeline

You are welcome!

You can ask the consulate yourself, that´s what I did and I also had a lawyer. Look out for the email address of your consulate on their website. But there are plenty of steps BEFORE where you can safe time. Once your case is approved by USCIS, it will take about 4-5 weeks until they have sent it to NVC and you get the invoices & case number to start the steps that lead to your interview. I also called NVC regularly rather then wait for their emails.

In the meantime you can research about the required documents you will have to provide, such as birth certificate, police records depending on the countries you have lived in, vaccinations for your medical, some require multiple shots spread over a certain time period and if you have family that will immigrate with you etc.. Also get a copy of the DS-260 to start collecting information the ask there that you might not have immediately at hand.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DS-260%20Exemplar.pdf

Those are all factors that can delay the process.

Also those two spread sheets are helpful:

Scan Date to CC:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bLgqeV5tr9zHOSY5IqtYn3RURVO3C0iMBGVwUviVruk/edit#gid=0

Case Complete to Interview:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xbLl_8yDgHLeDaLnTrPdYc44J0sjPSFfYCKxlKx6uTY/edit#gid=0

Timeline

After USCIS approval and they have MAILED the case to NVC and once NVC created a CASE NUMBER and sent you and INVOICE that you have to PAY first and them receiving the MONEY and THEN they UNLOCK the DS-260 for YOU. :content:

I am just saying take a look at the template already and collect anything that might otherwise take some time.

Timeline

After USCIS approval and they have MAILED the case to NVC and once NVC created a CASE NUMBER and sent you and INVOICE that you have to PAY first and them receiving the MONEY and THEN they UNLOCK the DS-260 for YOU. :content:

I am just saying take a look at the template already and collect anything that might otherwise take some time.

Thank you so very much for your time and availability to answer my questions...

Timeline

You are welcome and good luck for the outcome with USCIS. It should be soon and your credentials are strong.

Please let us know. :yes:

Thats for sure I will let you know and I hope it comes soon...hope so..

Thank you once more!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.