Rob L

Global markets in tailspin as Trump victory looms

24 posts in this topic

Actually they are not as the US market is not. Your butt hurt is showing.

Wrong...Again

What was accurate when I posted suddenly became wrong when the market rebounded? Middle of the road my posterior. No wonder you fell for Trump.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Timeline

I know NB well enough to know that he didn't "fall for Trump" as you falsely state here. He's just too intelligent to fall for Hillary.

What was accurate when I posted suddenly became wrong when the market rebounded? Middle of the road my posterior. No wonder you fell for Trump.

I know NB well enough to know that he didn't "fall for Trump" as you falsely state here. He's just too intelligent to fall for Hillary.

I am going to make you the captain of Air Force one and my spokesperson when I become dictator of the Philippines

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
If you look at the following chart you can see two things that explain two different points;

First - the last four "candles" are the action of the last 4 trading days. The third and 4th from the right are Tuesday and Monday, respectively, i.e before the elections. The last and before last are today and yesterday. I put an arrow under the 1st of the 4(as in 4th from the right) and under the third one(second from right). The first arrow represents the rally that was thought of at the time as a "Clinton fueled rally" which I had said was not so. The second arrow represents the "post Trump election rally". So tell me...if news drives the market, how come initially markets rallied expecting Clinton to get elected, and then proceeded to rally because Trump was elected. The answer is news doesn't drive the market.

Anyway the second thing I wanted to show here; I did not get a chance to try and offer an explanation in the other thread before it got locked so I'll do it here. There was some debate and confusion in regards to what they meant by the dow making a new high and then they removed it. Here is exactly what happened:

The chart is called a "candlestick chart". Most non-traders are not aware and do not use these charts but they offer more info about the day than regular closing price alone charts do. These show the highs and lows of every day as well as the close. The three horizontal lines on the chart represent: top one - the intraday high in mid August(tip of the tallest "candle"). Middle one - the close on that same day. Lower one - The close yesterday. Now take a look at yesterday's candle(again, second candle from the right). You see a little tail that goes slightly above the middle line. This means that during the day yesterday, the market was at a higher level than at the close of the record setting trading day in August.

Stay with me here, this is important. I've seen journalists do it literally hundreds of times. My take on what happened is this: Whoever wrote that piece was only aware of the closing price in August. Once the market, yesterday, during the day, exceeded that price, they wrote the piece about a record high, even though the market had not closed yet, and the high did not exceed the intraday high in August. But they did not even know what that intraday high was because they only look at closes, except for when they write the market is at a high during the day because the price went above that close. But look what happened. Lowest line shows you price ended up closing yesterday lower than yesterday's intraday high, as well as lower than the close in August(not to mention, again, the intraday high that day which was never exceeded yesterday). That is when I would assume they removed that from the article, as it was no longer relevant. Basically they jumped the gun. Today, however, we can see the Dow closed higher than that record high.

Regardless, another mistake that they make in my opinion is putting so much emphasis on the Dow. Media likes reporting on the Dow even though there are many other better and more important indexes. The Dow is a very narrow and selective index - case in point - despite its new all time high today, most stocks in the broad market actually closed the day down. So I don't tend to look as much at the Dow as it is not all that important, the S&P500 and NYSE and other indexes are more important IMO.

vcykw3.png

Edited by OriZ
09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

If you look at the following chart you can see two things that explain two different points;
First - the last four "candles" are the action of the last 4 trading days. The third and 4th from the right are Tuesday and Monday, respectively, i.e before the elections. The last and before last are today and yesterday. I put an arrow under the 1st of the 4(as in 4th from the right) and under the third one(second from right). The first arrow represents the rally that was thought of at the time as a "Clinton fueled rally" which I had said was not so. The second arrow represents the "post Trump election rally". So tell me...if news drives the market, how come initially markets rallied expecting Clinton to get elected, and then proceeded to rally because Trump was elected. The answer is news doesn't drive the market.
Anyway the second thing I wanted to show here; I did not get a chance to try and offer an explanation in the other thread before it got locked so I'll do it here. There was some debate and confusion in regards to what they meant by the dow making a new high and then they removed it. Here is exactly what happened:
The chart is called a "candlestick chart". Most non-traders are not aware and do not use these charts but they offer more info about the day than regular closing price alone charts do. These show the highs and lows of every day as well as the close. The three horizontal lines on the chart represent: top one - the intraday high in mid August(tip of the tallest "candle"). Middle one - the close on that same day. Lower one - The close yesterday. Now take a look at yesterday's candle(again, second candle from the right). You see a little tail that goes slightly above the middle line. This means that during the day yesterday, the market was at a higher level than at the close of the record setting trading day in August.
Stay with me here, this is important. I've seen journalists do it literally hundreds of times. My take on what happened is this: Whoever wrote that piece was only aware of the closing price in August. Once the market, yesterday, during the day, exceeded that price, they wrote the piece about a record high, even though the market had not closed yet, and the high did not exceed the intraday high in August. But they did not even know what that intraday high was because they only look at closes, except for when they write the market is at a high during the day because the price went above that close. But look what happened. Lowest line shows you price ended up closing yesterday lower than yesterday's intraday high, as well as lower than the close in August(not to mention, again, the intraday high that day which was never exceeded yesterday). That is when I would assume they removed that from the article, as it was no longer relevant. Basically they jumped the gun. Today, however, we can see the Dow closed higher than that record high.
Regardless, another mistake that they make in my opinion is putting so much emphasis on the Dow. Media likes reporting on the Dow even though there are many other better and more important indexes. The Dow is a very narrow and selective index - case in point - despite its new all time high today, most stocks in the broad market actually closed the day down. So I don't tend to look as much at the Dow as it is not all that important, the S&P500 and NYSE and other indexes are more important IMO.
vcykw3.png

Thank you for some explanation. You clearly know more than I do on this topic. All I know is vaguely what's in my 403b and IRA. I wish I knew more about the market. I have friends who do very well by knowing more.