181 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just called the NVC today and the representatives do not seem to have any idea what they are saying. I feel like they should be working at McDonald's. She told me that she is going to put my case in supervisor's review today. Really ugly responses every time I call.

Sorry to hear that... being in supervisor review is not a bad thing just hang in there you will get your cc soon enough. I thought I would be waiting longer but 3 days after being put in a supervisor review we got approved

Timeline

Sorry to hear that... being in supervisor review is not a bad thing just hang in there you will get your cc soon enough. I thought I would be waiting longer but 3 days after being put in a supervisor review we got approved

Yeah, thanks for your support. I hope so too. It's like aiming in the dark kind of game from this point on.

You are almost there just keep praying that everything will go smoothly and soon you will get your cc... hope you get it next week or sooner... when our case was put on supervisor I always called them when I get off from work at night. They probably got tired of me keep calling and asking for our case status. Lol

Timeline

You are almost there just keep praying that everything will go smoothly and soon you will get your cc... hope you get it next week or sooner... when our case was put on supervisor I always called them when I get off from work at night. They probably got tired of me keep calling and asking for our case status. Lol

Haha. I always think like they don't know what they are saying. I'm never left with a satisfied feeling even after speaking to them. I feel like they are lying. haha

I know what you mean. They say different things everyday. But there are reps that are really nice and they feel our frustration. I hope all them are like that.

Timeline

Another week is over week with handful ccs. Hopefully new week bring more ccs and happiness.....

12/26/2015 Got Married

Our CR1 Journey

2/4/2016 - I-130 file and documents mailed to Chicago Lockbox

2/9/2016 - Received NOA1 via text and email

2/15/2016 - Received NOA1 in mail

5/18/2016 to 6/1/2016 - Visited wife in india

8/11/2016 - Received NOA 2 via text and email :dancing: :dancing:

8/22/2016 - Received NOA 2 in mail

9/6/2016 - Case was sent to NVC (received text & email)

9/12/2016 - NVC received our Case from USCIS... wait continues for NVC case number

9/27/2016 - Submitted -261 and paid AOS fee

9/29/2016 - Received and paid IV fee

10/9/2016 - Submitted DS-260

10/15/2016 - AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

10/19/2016 - Scan Date

12/07/2016 - Case Completed

12/27/16 - Interview date received over the phone

12/30/16 - P4 letter received

02/03/2016 - Interview, VISA APPROVED!!!:jest::jest:

Today is week 6 for me scan date 10/24/16 and I am afraid to call because I know it will be pit in supervisor review like everyone else lately. i will call later on around 3pm hoping for good news...GOOD LUCK to everyone !!

Today is week 6 for me scan date 10/24/16 and I am afraid to call because I know it will be pit in supervisor review like everyone else lately. i will call later on around 3pm hoping for good news...GOOD LUCK to everyone !!

My scan date is tomorrow, and I'm also contemplating making a call, or do I trust that they're working on it.

Please update us if you make the call today.

My wife and I Naturalized in 2022

Processing an I-130 for my Korean Stepson who is older than 21 and not married

Received Date 01/26/2023
Priority Date 01/26/2023

California Service Center

Current status: Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You will be notified if you need to take any action.

My lawyer called today and got this response:

I spoke with the NVC this morning regarding your case. Since they have not reviewed your case within the initial 6 weeks of review, your case has now been pushed to a supervisor to review. The agent informed me that the supervisor can take up to 6 weeks to review the case from today.

What is other's experience been in a case like this, does it typically take another full 6 weeks, and hopefully not more than that?

What disappointing news.

Edited by 1004ron

Received Date 01/26/2023
Priority Date 01/26/2023

Current status: Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You will be notified if you need to take any action.

Thank you... Yes i called on the 25th at night exactly our 6 weeks wait, the rep put in supervisor review. After then i keep calling almost every night to check the status of my case. Its weird that i was on the phone with them last night i called 830pm pacific time and the rep said the supervisor already pulled our documents and send it to review department and they just waiting to finish the review. Then today i decided to check online and thats when i saw the 3/NAs. Hopefully you get your cc soon as i see progress on October scan dates. good luck to all of us... we are almost there to be with our love ones :)

Hi,

Today is my 6 weeks, and my lawyers assistant called the NVC and was told that seeing as there's been no activity on my case yet, and for that reason it will be placed in Supervisor Review, and to allow 6 weeks from today.

Here's hoping I hear from them after 1 week like your case.

Do they actually take calls at night - what are the hours for enquiries?

Received Date 01/26/2023
Priority Date 01/26/2023

Hi,

Today is my 6 weeks, and my lawyers assistant called the NVC and was told that seeing as there's been no activity on my case yet, and for that reason it will be placed in Supervisor Review, and to allow 6 weeks from today.

Here's hoping I hear from them after 1 week like your case.

Do they actually take calls at night - what are the hours for enquiries?

Hello,

I usually called at night before they close since it's easier to get in line and not a lot of people calls. They close 12 midnight Eastern time 9pm Pacific. After I was put on supervisor review, I just decided to call them every night just to check. Until we got approved 3 days after being in supervisor review... hang in there and have a little patience... Hopefully you get your cc soon. Being in a supervisor review is not a bad thing but it is still case to case basis... good luck to all of us on our journey...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.