1,501 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Guys I am actually going through adjustment of status in chicago which is taking so long. I am now holding my status of F-1 international student visa. My question is : Do you know if I can take one semester off, and still keep my F-1 status current ? Thanks guys

Filed: Timeline
On 10/30/2019 at 8:54 PM, FPope said:

I just got off the phone with nvc. They finally received my case today! What a relief.

Hi Fpope, Congrats,  that's a great news.

Did they told you when they will register your case ? Did it has to wait for 1 more month ?

Finger Crossed, I hope they receive mine soon 

On 11/2/2019 at 9:08 PM, FPope said:

Thanks, they told me it takes about a month to create the case. They said if i don't hear from them in a month, i should call back to find out what's going on. How far with yours? Any news yet? I was approved same day as you also in california.

Hey Fpope, there is a way for you to check when NVC is creating your case info. Just to go there site here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html and look under the title "Current case file creation time", under this section, you will see it says "Current case creation time frame...".

The first date is the current week's date (which they usually update this time frame every Monday, so it mostly have a Monday's date as the start of the week) an then there will be a second date. The second date is the date of petitions that they are currently creating cases for.

So, for example, as of today (Nov 4), they are working on creating cases for petitions they received on Oct 11, 2019. Since they received your case on Oct 30, you can expect your case to be created within the week of Nov 25 at the current rate they are going...which is usually 5-7 days per week.

For visual idea, I just created an Excel spreadsheet and entered the dates for each week since August 12, if you notice on the column "days lapse" the number of  days between each week varies (but, collectively, they average about 6 days each week). So, based on this, I've done a projection for a few weeks ahead (for your benefit) of the dates they will be working on cases. It is not 100 percent guaranteed of course, but it does give you an idea when they might be working on creating your case. Simply go to that address I provided above every Monday and check their progress.

This should help take some of the mystery out of the process for you (and hopefully for magmic too if he reads this).

image.png.a8cc4f914cd4e2a256757f9510e84a3d.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
14 hours ago, vincentlina said:

Hey Fpope, there is a way for you to check when NVC is creating your case info. Just to go there site here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html and look under the title "Current case file creation time", under this section, you will see it says "Current case creation time frame...".

The first date is the current week's date (which they usually update this time frame every Monday, so it mostly have a Monday's date as the start of the week) an then there will be a second date. The second date is the date of petitions that they are currently creating cases for.

So, for example, as of today (Nov 4), they are working on creating cases for petitions they received on Oct 11, 2019. Since they received your case on Oct 30, you can expect your case to be created within the week of Nov 25 at the current rate they are going...which is usually 5-7 days per week.

For visual idea, I just created an Excel spreadsheet and entered the dates for each week since August 12, if you notice on the column "days lapse" the number of  days between each week varies (but, collectively, they average about 6 days each week). So, based on this, I've done a projection for a few weeks ahead (for your benefit) of the dates they will be working on cases. It is not 100 percent guaranteed of course, but it does give you an idea when they might be working on creating your case. Simply go to that address I provided above every Monday and check their progress.

This should help take some of the mystery out of the process for you (and hopefully for magmic too if he reads this).

image.png.a8cc4f914cd4e2a256757f9510e84a3d.png

Thanks a lot for the useful information. I will keep the forum updated.

On 11/5/2019 at 10:48 AM, FPope said:

Thanks a lot for the useful information. I will keep the forum updated.

Hey FPope, maybe this might be of some help. I just received my NVC welcome letter via email today. Therefore, it has taken NVC exactly 21 days from the date of receipt of my petition to the date they created my case and invoice no.

Perhaps, you can use that number as a guide for estimating when they'd create your case/invoice no.

~ Cheers

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
38 minutes ago, vincentlina said:

Hey FPope, maybe this might be of some help. I just received my NVC welcome letter via email today. Therefore, it has taken NVC exactly 21 days from the date of receipt of my petition to the date they created my case and invoice no.

Perhaps, you can use that number as a guide for estimating when they'd create your case/invoice no.

~ Cheers

Congrats and thanks a lot for your support. I appreciate your kindness. I will let the forum know when i receive the welcome letter. All the best as you round up the processing.

15 minutes ago, FPope said:

Congrats and thanks a lot for your support. I appreciate your kindness. I will let the forum know when i receive the welcome letter. All the best as you round up the processing.

You're welcome.

5 hours ago, visajourney-user said:

Folks,

I've noticed that I130 processing time in california service center has been decreased to 12.5-16.5 months. I think it's a good sign.

My PD is November 2018, any idea when will i be scheduled for an interview?

No one can help you if you have an empty Timeline. Be a team player, and at least complete your Timeline with as much info from your petition as you can.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.