1,501 posts in this topic

On 7/18/2019 at 4:59 AM, vincentlina said:

I don't think this is the case for all "Caribbean" filers. As I'm a Caribbean filter, my spouse country of discharge is "Dominican Republic" and my PD is Nov 17, 2017 and received my RFE on July 15 (which was sent to me on July 8th). The reason for the RFE is simple to resolve and could have been avoided had I done a better job of doing my research. Anyways, it would have been approved, perhaps on that same day of July 8th. So again, I think this is evidence they are processing Caribbean petitions. The order, or priority in how they process Caribbean petitions is up for debate, but I take them at their word that petitions are processed in a "first come; first served" basis.

Are you sure about " First Come First Serve " ?? Those whose filed their I-130 in June 2019 at Texas Service center have been approved. but June 2017 in California are still waiting. How is this first come first serve or even fair ?

10 hours ago, Trung297 said:

F2A Applied on July 19th, 2017. Still no luck. Good luck everyone. CSC sucks af when this center is late 1-2 years compared to others. If your case is being transferred due to workload, that is a good sign that yours will be approved soon. Everyone else suck at CSC, good luck.

Agree. I really dont understand how CSC is doing this and getting away with it for so long. 

3 hours ago, HopeHopeHope said:

Are you sure about " First Come First Serve " ?? Those whose filed their I-130 in June 2019 at Texas Service center have been approved. but June 2017 in California are still waiting. How is this first come first serve or even fair ?

Well, when I said "fist come; first serve", I am referring to petitions filed (or forwarded) to the California Service Center (CSC). I'm not referring to petitions filed at other service centers. I have been waiting "impatiently" for approximately 20 months now for my petition to be approved, so trust me, I know the pain of waiting like everyone else.

For whatever reasons (obviously unbeknownst to us mere mortals), USCIS (or a higher power) is forwarding or sending nearly all I-130 petitions filers who falls within the F2A category to the CSC. It's unfair no doubt, because when you check Texas and the Vermont Service Centers  the waiting times for F2A/F2B are ridiculously short compared to CSC. So without any inside knowledge how the CSC is processing cases, I simply am taking their word for, for no other reason that I do not have any way of knowing either way and I have not heard anyone here on this site (or elsewhere) who have credibly offered an alternative explanation how petitions are processed.

Besides, believing that the process is "first come; first serve" helps me maintain my sanity through-out the process! Don't you already have sufficient to stress about?

58 minutes ago, vincentlina said:

Well, when I said "fist come; first serve", I am referring to petitions filed (or forwarded) to the California Service Center (CSC). I'm not referring to petitions filed at other service centers. I have been waiting "impatiently" for approximately 20 months now for my petition to be approved, so trust me, I know the pain of waiting like everyone else.

For whatever reasons (obviously unbeknownst to us mere mortals), USCIS (or a higher power) is forwarding or sending nearly all I-130 petitions filers who falls within the F2A category to the CSC. It's unfair no doubt, because when you check Texas and the Vermont Service Centers  the waiting times for F2A/F2B are ridiculously short compared to CSC. So without any inside knowledge how the CSC is processing cases, I simply am taking their word for, for no other reason that I do not have any way of knowing either way and I have not heard anyone here on this site (or elsewhere) who have credibly offered an alternative explanation how petitions are processed.

Besides, believing that the process is "first come; first serve" helps me maintain my sanity through-out the process! Don't you already have sufficient to stress about?

That is true. we have no choice but to hopr for the best and wait. 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, vincentlina said:

:)

I- 130 .... sent USCIS August 4, 2010 - Approved at NVC Jan 2011 received approval letter with case number and Id number

Welcome Letter..... Received Feb 23, 2016

Selected agent...Feb 25, 2016

Paid AOS and Visa Application fees.......Feb 26, 2016 

Submitted supporting doc......Mar 20, 2016 ( would have done sooner but had to wait on petitioners tax docs)

Case completed.....April 22, 2016 Received case complete letter April 27,2016

Received Interview Letter... Feb 3, 2017

Medical..... Feb 27,2017

Interview...Mar 20, 2017

Visa Issued....Mar 21, 2017

POE.............June 4, 2017

SSN............June 12,2017

Green Card: August 2017

Petition for hubby: Oct 2017

i-130....... Approved.Aug 9 2019

NVC ......Wecome letter Nov 4 2019

Submitted all docs and paid fees- Nov 29th 2019

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, ABHM said:

I have seen on the FB group that some cases are being transferred to other service centers. Hopefully USCIS is doing this to decrease the load on California. Should speed up things a little for everyone concerned.

Do you think all January, February and March 2018 cases will be transferred??

On 7/8/2019 at 6:57 PM, ihsan said:

Thanks, i will definitely let you know . wish you all the best.

Hey Ishan, as promised, I go received my RFE on July 15 -- exactly one week after my status changed that they sent it out (July 8). I got an RFE because I foolishly sent in my wife's divorce nisi and not her final divorce decree. Honestly, I had no idea about such matters. When my wife handed me her divorce nisi, I thought this was the oficial document that one receives to prove they were legitimately divorced. Anyways, that is really the basis for my RFE -- a completely preventable occurrence had I done a better job in my research. 

40 minutes ago, SC97 said:

Really? they never asked for my email though. How were they planning on contacting me

Didn't you give them your email in the i-130 or G-1145?

Alternatively you can go to Ask NVC and ask them to notify you when they receive your petition. Be sure to include all information - NOA1, NOA2, names of petitioner and beneficiary, alien number, dates of birth, address, emails. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.