1,501 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

PD is Feb 2019

F2A visa

California office

just wanted to know that how long this process will take?

how much time for uscis to approve and send it to visa center and then to interview till issues of visa.

I know its to early to ask but just wanted to make my mind that how many years it take.

Thank you.

Filed: Other Country: Nepal
Timeline
57 minutes ago, shumail said:

PD is Feb 2019

F2A visa

California office

how much time for uscis to approve and send it to visa center and then to interview till issues of visa.

I know its to early to ask but just wanted to make my mind that how many years it take.

Thank you.

It took 23 months for me. I got approved really late. I think 1.5 yrs atleast. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, KatenkaMishka said:

That’s the website that visa bulletin leads to https://www.uscis.gov/visabulletininfo

and it does say to use dates for filling chart . I really don’t see a reason why you shouldn’t 

5B1CDD7F-3E05-492C-BA4E-261816754061.jpeg

Thank you so much. I mailed my AOS today. Now more waiting game begins. You’ve been such a great help. Thank you. I hope the process gets faster for everyone. 

9 hours ago, mk17 said:

Yeah, I went through the uscis website and it does route me to the 2nd chart to see if I can apply for AOS. Maybe they meant actual visa is not available yet? Which I think is determined by the 1st chart?

Did you find out what you wrote at question 61? 

Because now since your petition is approved it's gonna move on to NVC if you chose the option consular processing. If you chose that option, it's best to write a letter to NVC, informing them of your decision to proceed with AOS. That's only if you didn't indicate you are doing AOS already.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
4 hours ago, shumail said:

PD is Feb 2019

F2A visa

California office

Thank you.

I'm Feb 2017

My approval took 20 months (approved October 2018)

Just got documentarily qualified at NVC today (we were waiting on tax transcript)

Hoping for an April or early May interview as PD is current for April!

It will take over 2 years for the whole process. 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Weebee said:

Did you find out what you wrote at question 61? 

Because now since your petition is approved it's gonna move on to NVC if you chose the option consular processing. If you chose that option, it's best to write a letter to NVC, informing them of your decision to proceed with AOS. That's only if you didn't indicate you are doing AOS already.

I had mentioned I am going for AOS

Timeline
On 3/16/2019 at 11:28 AM, KatenkaMishka said:

That’s the website that visa bulletin leads to https://www.uscis.gov/visabulletininfo

and it does say to use dates for filling chart . I really don’t see a reason why you shouldn’t 

5B1CDD7F-3E05-492C-BA4E-261816754061.jpeg

For the i485, i765 and i131 do I get different Receipt Notice or is it the same one? I just looked up i765 processing for pending AOS is 3-5 months. My OPT EAD expires in 5 months. Do you know what happens if I my EAD expires before my approval?

6 hours ago, mk17 said:

For the i485, i765 and i131 do I get different Receipt Notice or is it the same one? I just looked up i765 processing for pending AOS is 3-5 months. My OPT EAD expires in 5 months. Do you know what happens if I my EAD expires before my approval?

Hey, yes you’ll get different receipt number for each of those . And I’m afraid that you’ll loose your ability to work if OPT gets expired but AOS EAD isn’t approved yet , it took 3 months in my case to receive an EAD though , so hopefully yours won’t take longer than 5? 

Edited by KatenkaMishka

Timeline
35 minutes ago, KatenkaMishka said:

Hey, yes you’ll get different receipt number for each of those . And I’m afraid that you’ll loose your ability to work if OPT gets expired but AOS EAD isn’t approved yet , it took 3 months in my case to receive an EAD though , so hopefully yours won’t take longer than 5? 

Did you also apply for both EAD and AP or just the EAD? Is it because I’m applying through AOS that I cannot work? Because if I had applied for my OPT extension I could work on my old EAD until I got new one. 

2 minutes ago, mk17 said:

Did you also apply for both EAD and AP or just the EAD? Is it because I’m applying through AOS that I cannot work? Because if I had applied for my OPT extension I could work on my old EAD until I got new one. 

I’ve applied for both , received a combo card . And yes, because you are applying for an EAD under the new category (c09) you can’t really use it to extand your OPT one . If you would already have had an AOS EAD and would apply for its renewal , you could use the expired one until the new card arrives . But in your case your current EAD is different category . That’s not an information I can swear on , but I’m pretty sure that’s how it works .

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
5 hours ago, Nena14 said:

Can some one tell me about how long will it take for me to receive welcome letter from NVC? Based on your own experiences . My priority date is april 25,2017 and it was just approved on 03/13/2019 , F2a category Country: Mexico , CSC

It took NVC two weeks to receive our file (you can call and ask them when as they won't tell you unless you ask) and then it took six weeks from there for our case number to be issued. So a total of eight weeks after approval.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.