enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Wes&Charlotte said:

Urgh really??? I got an RFIE for my AOS yesterday online, just waiting for hard copy to find out what its for.  So frustrating to wait this long only to find out now!  Wish they would pre-screen earlier on in the process.  Will this effect my EAD?  My NOA is dated 11/16. 

We received an RFIE on our AOS and immediately responded - but this was about 45 days after filing. It did not affect our EAD - received approval on day 95. And for us, it apparently didn't affect our AOS too much, as this morning we were scheduled for an interview.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
26 minutes ago, chicago1987 said:

We received an RFIE on our AOS and immediately responded - but this was about 45 days after filing. It did not affect our EAD - received approval on day 95. And for us, it apparently didn't affect our AOS too much, as this morning we were scheduled for an interview.

Wow, congrats. Does it says on the website when it's going to be ?

AOS - PENDING

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ifelicity said:

EAD shows card is in production! I guess those SR's worked! Plus USCIS sent me a text and 6 emails to notify me, haha. 

Congrats !!! when did you put a SR and how many days were passed at that point ? :D

AOS - PENDING

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Boo&Mica said:

Congrats !!! when did you put a SR and how many days were passed at that point ? :D

I put in the first SR at day 76 and the second at day 91. Today is day 93!! Yippee! Good luck guys, it sounds like they're finally back to work 

17 minutes ago, Boo&Mica said:

Wow, congrats. Does it says on the website when it's going to be ?

March 21 - details of time and location will be in the letter they mailed today.

43 minutes ago, chicago1987 said:

I'm at about 90 days now :-/  Good to know it shouldn't affect EAD tho, hoping for something in next couple of days.  Good luck for interview!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, ifelicity said:

I put in the first SR at day 76 and the second at day 91. Today is day 93!! Yippee! Good luck guys, it sounds like they're finally back to work 

So 1 SR wasn't good enough for them hahaha. Good to know, congrats once again !

AOS - PENDING

1 hour ago, ifelicity said:

EAD shows card is in production! I guess those SR's worked! Plus USCIS sent me a text and 6 emails to notify me, haha. 

I agree about the SRs helping. I put in a service request last Tuesday (2/7) and my EAD changed to 'card in production' on Saturday 2/11. My AOS was delivered to USCIS on 11/8. So SRs seem like a good idea. :jest:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

So we tried to expedite based on a job offer through our congressman office and they where not much help and told us that only people get approved for expedite that are extending there EAD... ANYWAY... I chose not to argue and contacted USCIS to expedite myself last night. I spoke to a very nice guy on the phone and we worked together to build my expedite request. Today, I received an email from USCIS asking for a copy of my job offer letter. I faxed it through. My online case status has had 3 updates.

1. That my request has been done.

2. That they contacted me for job offer letter.

3. That the expedite request has been completed. 

I am hoping this is good news! They never asked for any evidence of Financial Hardship, only my offer letter which surprised me but also fills me with confidence of getting the expedite :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lithuania
Timeline
21 hours ago, Wes&Charlotte said:

I'm at about 90 days now :-/  Good to know it shouldn't affect EAD tho, hoping for something in next couple of days.  Good luck for interview!

We have same situation.

I've received RFIE for I-485 (e-notification)  yesterday and waiting for mail.

I do not know what they exactly want, (maybe Medical exam and vaccination form)

Actually we expected  this RFE from USCIS (because we did not submit Medic exam together with I-485) and will be able to submit I-693 before interview.

What does this mean?

Case Status:  Name Was Updated

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION 

Your Case Status: Initial Review 

On February 15, 2017, we updated your name for your Form I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION, . If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators

------------

They have my current name in all my documents.... I was hoping this week to receive notification of work permit approval....  the ONLY different it is with the I-94 form that is does not have my second name...  

In ALL my docs and forms it is:  FIRSTNAME SECONDNAME FIRSTSURNAME SECONDSURNAME
in the i94 form it is FIRSTNAME  FIRSTURNAME SECONDSURNAME

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
So does this mean that they are working on it now?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Type of service requested:
-- Approaching Regulatory Time Frame

The status of this service request is:

Your case is currently under review.  You should receive a decision or notice of other action shortly.

Address Changes:  If you move, please provide us with an updated address.  For more information about address changes, please visit our Web site at www.uscis.gov/ar-11, and click on "Change Your Address Online."

For More Information:  If you do not find the information you need through our online services and need further assistance, you may contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TDD for the hearing impaired).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, mnashville said:
So does this mean that they are working on it now?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Type of service requested:
-- Approaching Regulatory Time Frame

The status of this service request is:

Your case is currently under review.  You should receive a decision or notice of other action shortly.

Address Changes:  If you move, please provide us with an updated address.  For more information about address changes, please visit our Web site at www.uscis.gov/ar-11, and click on "Change Your Address Online."

For More Information:  If you do not find the information you need through our online services and need further assistance, you may contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TDD for the hearing impaired).

Funny I received the same message. I think they are just placating us with a generic answer. As long as it didnt say we tried to contact you or sent an RFIE/RFE or something like that ur good. Just hurry up and wait basically. 

Pkg Sent:9/13/16

Received at Chicago Lock box: 9/16/16

Received Texts: 9/30/16

NOA1 Received: 10/4/16 : Receipt Date of 9/19/16

Bio Appt letter Received: 10/12/16

Bio Appt completed: 10/24/16

Card in production: 11/17/16

Combo Card received 11/25/16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.