enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I sent an inquiry and they got back to us but all they could say was that they are working on it and we will get an answer soon :/ such a let down. We sent it in and got our Noa1 on November 15 here is to hoping we get an answer soon. 

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I have almost the same dates as you mnashville. I did a service request on day 76 and on day 91. Still no movement. The only reason why my AP is approved is because I asked for an expedite due to issues I needed to tend to back home. They sent me a paper AP. I'm now wondering if I will get a combo card as well when the EAD is ready. No RFE's thankfully

Filed: Timeline
3 hours ago, Wes&Charlotte said:

Sorry for my ignorance but do you mind if I ask why no SSN?  I have one so I guess that means I didn't need a ITIN...my husbands tax return didn't ask for one...we filed as married jointly with me as a "non-resident alien"...did we do it correctly?

We got my wife her SSN the day after she arrived. No ITIN required. It has made things much easier. 

Well I just got an RFE notification for both the EAD/AP.  

Sigh . 

When do you guys think we will get it in the mail ? What could they possibly want again . **Rolls eyes** 

:goofy: AOS Timeline :goofy:
2016-11-03 - Package Sent - I-485, AP & EAD
2016-11-08 - Delivery Confirmation - Fedex
2016-11-22 - I-129F NOA1 : (text message)

50 minutes ago, rcripps said:

We got my wife her SSN the day after she arrived. No ITIN required. It has made things much easier. 

Thanks for clarifying.  I got mine early on too. Good luck to you!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Wes&Charlotte said:

Thanks for clarifying.  I got mine early on too. Good luck to you!

Yes. I don't have one because I'm not adjusting from K1. That's why I needed the ITIN. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Day 111: feeling a bit nervous, just hoping to get an EAD or something before he graduates in a few months and can't apply for a new visa.. :unsure: 

Anyone know about what to do in case that does happen?

I think the worst part about the AOS waiting game is just twiddling your thumbs having absolutely no clue about what and when anything will happen haha

AOS Timeline

Married: 08/26/2016

AOS Filed: 10/27/2016

AOS Case received: 10/31/2016

NOA Received: 11/16/2016

Biometrics Appointment: 12/08/2016

RFIE response received: 01/13/2017

EAD Card in production: 03/14/2017 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
25 minutes ago, chicago1987 said:

Had an RFE on our I-485 - but received the EAD approval on day 94.

It was a rfe or a RFIE ?

AOS - PENDING

Timeline
2 minutes ago, chicago1987 said:

RFIE.

Good news then lol. I spoke with uscis in the morning and they told me that the clock restarts from the date they received our response to RFIE ( January 17 ) so I was pretty scared. How long it took after they got your response until you got approved?

AOS - PENDING

10 minutes ago, Boo&Mica said:

Good news then lol. I spoke with uscis in the morning and they told me that the clock restarts from the date they received our response to RFIE ( January 17 ) so I was pretty scared. How long it took after they got your response until you got approved?

I don't think that really matters - as you can get an RFIE at a different time period in the EAD/AOS application process. Received ours 12/9 - they received response by 12/14 I think. EAD approval 2/7.

Timeline

Thank you. They may have a pattern somehow. I still hope they do lol. From what I've seen you are right, they just pick our applications randomly. Sadly

AOS - PENDING

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Boo&Mica said:

USCIS is also known as the "misinformation line".  So take what they say with a grain of salt.  They told another person here that and within days they received their AP/EAD combo card.

What is an RFIE???   I believe here on VJ its called an RFE

2 minutes ago, Boo&Mica said:

Thank you. They may have a pattern somehow. I still hope they do lol. From what I've seen you are right, they just pick our applications randomly. Sadly

Be patient - we received EAD approval on day 95. And we are still waiting for the EAD card - my hope it is in the mailbox as we speak. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.