dwheels76

NVC Filers - November 2016

795 posts in this topic

I have my scan date Nov 7th, as everyone knows they say 6 weeks for review. However, I know they'll get me a REF for updated I-1864 and a Join Sponsor request. Should I wait for them to send me the REF? or should I send the updated 1-864 with the join sponsor now? I just talked to a lady in the NVC and she said if I send anything right now, it will take another 6 weeks for review. I'm not sure if I should wait another 3 week and once they request it I'll send it and it will take another 6 weeks plus the three weeks I'm waiting for their REF. Or just send them the updated forms and save myself three weeks. I'm afraid they don't associate it with my original package.

I have my scan date Nov 7th, as everyone knows they say 6 weeks for review. However, I know they'll get me a REF for updated I-1864 and a Join Sponsor request. Should I wait for them to send me the REF? or should I send the updated 1-864 with the join sponsor now? I just talked to a lady in the NVC and she said if I send anything right now, it will take another 6 weeks for review. I'm not sure if I should wait another 3 week and once they request it I'll send it and it will take another 6 weeks plus the three weeks I'm waiting for their REF. Or just send them the updated forms and save myself three weeks. I'm afraid they don't associate it with my original package.

In my opinion, I don't think it's wise to send another 1-864 as it may confuse them. Additionally, you don't know if you may get additional RFEs besides an updated 1-864 and joint sponsor. I got an RFE because I forgot to date the document so you never know. It's best you wait and see what they need and then send it to them. I know it sucks to get these RFEs and wish you the best of luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Why would they request for an updated I-864 and Joint sponsor?

Why would they request for an updated I-864 and Joint sponsor?

I filed !-864EZ since I met all the three steps in the form. However, I work aboard and my income is tax exempts. So technically in 1040 tax form my gross income is beyond the poverty line but due to the tax exempts I don't meet the poverty income under line #22 and I don't currently live in the US for Country of Domicile. I figured that would request a join sponsor for that based on my reading to everyone else here.

I was told to call back today for an update. I called NVC just now, waited for roughly 45 minutes only to be told to call again Monday if I don't hear anything by Friday. He didn't even want to put me on Sup Review. I don't know what else to do. I am sure we all feel this way after speaking with them and getting no where.

Scan date 10/17/16

You should call back tomorrow, seeing as that'll be your 6 weeks and 1 day. They didn't let us go on supervisor review until we reached 6 weeks and a day. Also, you might get through to someone nicer tomorrow...

Timeline

I filed !-864EZ since I met all the three steps in the form. However, I work aboard and my income is tax exempts. So technically in 1040 tax form my gross income is beyond the poverty line but due to the tax exempts I don't meet the poverty income under line #22 and I don't currently live in the US for Country of Domicile. I figured that would request a join sponsor for that based on my reading to everyone else here.[/quote

Ok in that case you cannot use the I-864EZ. The I-864 is the form you fill out and one for the joint sponsor. Unfortunately you would be checklisted for that error. Instead of waiting for a checklist which could be weeks from now. I would send in the new docs with the IV cover sheet. You would get a new scan date, but at least you will save yourself a lot of time.

I was told to call back today for an update. I called NVC just now, waited for roughly 45 minutes only to be told to call again Monday if I don't hear anything by Friday. He didn't even want to put me on Sup Review. I don't know what else to do. I am sure we all feel this way after speaking with them and getting no where.

Scan date 10/17/16

My scan date is Oct 19. I called 2 times today and was told to have a little patience since my 6 weeks are not over yet- 6 weeks end in Nov 30. I would be patient if this process were to be free. But this process is expensive enough and it is ridiculous to have to wait more than 6 weeks for a CC. If nothing else happens, I see my case going to supervisor review.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

So guys clear something for me please, since our Cc on 22 Nov, we didn't get any emails from NVC or anything, checking the case still say at NVC, is that the normal our we should have got something from them, I know they schedule interviews this week. Do they only send email after the appoint it only.

CR-1 Visa Journey

USCIS: Done

NVC: Done

Embassy : Interview Stage..

Interview DONE

POE  DONE

Card in Hand : Done

** ROC *****

NBC 

Sending File >> 1/7/2019

File received>> 1/9/2019

SMS Text Received >> 1/14/2019

Received biometric schedule letter >> 1/26/2109

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

So guys clear something for me please, since our Cc on 22 Nov, we didn't get any emails from NVC or anything, checking the case still say at NVC, is that the normal our we should have got something from them, I know they schedule interviews this week. Do they only send email after the appoint it only.

They sent me an email 9 days after my CC

Timeline

You should receive your case complete email 7 days after your case completed. On the ceac website your status won't change from "at NVC" until your file is in transit to the embassy. You can always call to find out if you have an interview date. It varies when they actually send the P4 letter. It could range from a few days to a few weeks after your interview date is assigned.

Does anyone know if you receive an RFE and send it to NVC can you request to be put in supervisor review? I don't want to wait another 6 weeks then put on supervisor reviewer.

My original scan date was Sept 27. I received an RFE on November 17. I sent the updated AOS on 11/28 and NVC will receive noon today 11/29.

What I have noticed is when it's on supervisor review then work is done instead of sitting on dust.

Timeline

Does anyone know if you receive an RFE and send it to NVC can you request to be put in supervisor review? I don't want to wait another 6 weeks then put on supervisor reviewer.

My original scan date was Sept 27. I received an RFE on November 17. I sent the updated AOS on 11/28 and NVC will receive noon today 11/29.

What I have noticed is when it's on supervisor review then work is done instead of sitting on dust.

Unfortunately it seems that they would not put a case in supervisor review until its has past the 6 weeks mark. You sending in a checklist would start your 6 weeks + when they scan your docs in. So 6 weeks from your second scan date you could request for a supervisor review. Hopefully they speed things up and you wouldn't need to wait 6 weeks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

It was a long wait for our case to be complete and receive an interview at the embassy in Accra. It's was yesterday. We were told that our interview was postponed. And to return with the date wrote by staff of two more months later. As they claimed the lack of consulate available. But some people were seen and some where not.It's really sad that someones life is put on hold and decided by other people's moods. I thought we lived in a free world. Free to love who we love,live where we want. We all need prayer to keep us strong through this long process that we all are going through.

It was a long wait for our case to be complete and receive an interview at the embassy in Accra. It's was yesterday. We were told that our interview was postponed. And to return with the date wrote by staff of two more months later. As they claimed the lack of consulate available. But some people were seen and some where not.It's really sad that someones life is put on hold and decided by other people's moods. I thought we lived in a free world. Free to love who we love,live where we want. We all need prayer to keep us strong through this long process that we all are going through.

Sorry about the additional delay. It seems some consulates are really understaffed compared to other countries. I have seen folks getting interview date within a month or less after CC. The consulate in Nairobi it takes about 3 months to get an interview date after CC so I would be very disappointed too it they did add 2 additional months.

Edited by hasmax80

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.