dwheels76

NVC Filers - November 2016

795 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

You mentioned right now the next available interview for Egypt is November 13th. Is this interview for Immigrant visas? Also can you share where you found this information and I can attempt to see if I can find out for Nairobi? Thank you.

Hi, the US Embassy in Cairo website pointed me to ustraveldocs.com - from this site I signed up for visa. I had to enter the information that we give when we call the visa center and then it brought me to a dashboard. It looks like all locations are on the site, but I am not sure if you each site gives the same information.

I can't register for an appointment yet because our case hasn't been sent to the embassy yet. So, now I have another site to check daily to expedite our case.

Good Luck!

USCIS

Priority Date: 6/17/2016

Sent to NVC: 7/19/2016

NVC

Case received: 9/01/2016

DS-261 Completed: 9/02/2016

AOS Fee Paid: 9/02/2016

IV Fee Paid: 9/09/2016

DS-260 Completed: 9/13/2016

Sent AOS & IV Packets: 9/14/2016

Scan Date: 9/17/2016

Supervisor Review: 11/01/2016

Case Complete: 11/07/2016

US EMBASSY CAIRO

Interview Date Scheduled: 12/28/2016

Visa Approved: 12/28/2016 :D

Visa Issued: 12/29/2016

Visa Scan: Never Posted

Visa Ready: Never Posted

Visa Picked Up at Aramex: 1/16/2017

POE & Date: NYC ?looking into ticket prices now! :jest:

Still no CC :( On supervisor review since friday

NOA1: March 8

NOA 2: July 13

Scan date : September 23

Supervisor review: November 4

Case complete: November 18

Received interview email: December 1

Interview date: January 5 2017- APPROVED

Hi, the US Embassy in Cairo website pointed me to ustraveldocs.com - from this site I signed up for visa. I had to enter the information that we give when we call the visa center and then it brought me to a dashboard. It looks like all locations are on the site, but I am not sure if you each site gives the same information.

I can't register for an appointment yet because our case hasn't been sent to the embassy yet. So, now I have another site to check daily to expedite our case.

Good Luck

Thanks for the information. I visited the website and somehow noticed the only option to view interview dates is for non-immigrant visas. If you don't mind can you share your steps? After visiting the website, I choose Africa and I get a list of embassies. I opened the Nairobi page and did not see option for interview selection for immigrant visa. I then visited the Cairo consulate same thing. I may be missing something as you were able to see interview dates. Appreciate your help again.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks for the information. I visited the website and somehow noticed the only option to view interview dates is for non-immigrant visas. If you don't mind can you share your steps? After visiting the website, I choose Africa and I get a list of embassies. I opened the Nairobi page and did not see option for interview selection for immigrant visa. I then visited the Cairo consulate same thing. I may be missing something as you were able to see interview dates. Appreciate your help again.

Hmmm...As I started to register somewhere it asked me if we were applying for non-immigrant or immigrant visa. When I selected immigrant it directed me to another site. It's cgifederal.secure.force.com when I enter it into a new webpage it goes to my login screen. The top says Apply for US Visa in Egypt, I tried to attach a screen shot. This site won't let me.

I will look at Nairobi page and see what I can see. I see at the bottom of the page a link for visas, it takes you to this site https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-KE/iv Did you register on this page?

Edited by Alexistara

USCIS

Priority Date: 6/17/2016

Sent to NVC: 7/19/2016

NVC

Case received: 9/01/2016

DS-261 Completed: 9/02/2016

AOS Fee Paid: 9/02/2016

IV Fee Paid: 9/09/2016

DS-260 Completed: 9/13/2016

Sent AOS & IV Packets: 9/14/2016

Scan Date: 9/17/2016

Supervisor Review: 11/01/2016

Case Complete: 11/07/2016

US EMBASSY CAIRO

Interview Date Scheduled: 12/28/2016

Visa Approved: 12/28/2016 :D

Visa Issued: 12/29/2016

Visa Scan: Never Posted

Visa Ready: Never Posted

Visa Picked Up at Aramex: 1/16/2017

POE & Date: NYC ?looking into ticket prices now! :jest:

Hmmm...As I started to register somewhere it asked me if we were applying for non-immigrant or immigrant visa. When I selected immigrant it directed me to another site. It's cgifederal.secure.force.com when I enter it into a new webpage it goes to my login screen. The top says Apply for US Visa in Egypt, I tried to attach a screen shot. This site won't let me.

I will look at Nairobi page and see what I can see. I see at the bottom of the page a link for visas, it takes you to this site https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-KE/iv Did you register on this page?

Thanks for your help. I did register for the site and I have no option to check visa appointment dates besides registering for a Visa Appointment. I did select to register but this will not take me to the next page because after inputting my case number I received an error saying it is not ready. I suppose Egypt consulate may probably be different. Again thanks for your help I guess will just wait for CC and about 3 months afterwards for Embassy interview.

Edited by hasmax80

Still no CC :( On supervisor review since friday

Same for me :(

My husband Called today. A rep said it should be done within 6 weeks (OMG AM GETTING FRUSTRATED ANOTHER 6 WEEKS NOOO)

All my plans are missed up ~ i cant do anything neither make any plan because of this waiting

Called last night. A very nice rep said it should be done on a few days but theyre closed friday. Hopefully that means this week

Dating from : June 1st, 2012
Marriage: December 31st, 2015
File I-130: Feb 23rd, 2016
NOA 1: Feb 26th, 2016 (Nebraska)
File I-129F : March 21st, 2016
USCIS Timeline
2016/02/23: Sent I-130
2016/02/26: Priority Date (Nerbraska Service Center)
2016/02/29: Received "USCIS Acceptance Confirmation"
2016/07/05: Case Approved (Approval Notice)
2016/07/08: I-129F Fiance petition decision letter (applied for both however after approving I-130 the i-129 was rejected
NVC Timeline
2016/08/11 : Received (ACL)-Case and Invoice number from NVC
2016/08/12 : AOS and IV fees Payment Proceed by our Lawyer (Status Showing PAID online)
2016/09/16: Package sent to NVC
2016/09/16: File arrived at NVC
2016/09/23: Received NOA (Scan Date)
2016/11/02: 6 weeks NVC
2016/11/04: NVC Supervisor transfer
2016/11/17: Case Completed (confirmed by phone)
2016/11/18: Email confirmation with W2 checklist to bring the interview date
2016/11/23: Case Complete Letter
2016/12/20: Medical
2017/01/09: Interview Date (Jan 9th 8:30 AM)
VISA Approved
Received VISA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

So today is my REAL 6 weeks from scan date they said...I spoke to very nice rep he kept apologizing that my case isn't done yet and he added me to supervisor review again...I wish to have CC :( I want my hubby here with me for Christmas!

-July 2015- my cousin from Romania introduced us via facebook(he is from Romania, moved to Austria 5 years ago, my fam is from Romania)

-September 2015-first time meeting in person

-December 2015-went to meet his fam in Austria, got engaged

-February 12 2016-had my civil marriage in Austria, my parents went with me

-April 2016- went to spend my birthday with him in Austria/Romania

-September 2016- went to Romania together for one month

I-130- 2/19/16
NOA1- 2/24/16
I-130 approved- 8/16/16
NVC received- 9/1/16
Receive AOS bill- 9/17/16
Pay AOS bill- 9/17/16
Send AOS package- 9/17/16
Send IV package- 9/17/16
Receive IV bill- 9/23/16
Pay IV bill- 9/23/16
DS-261- 9/27/16
CC- 11/18/16
In Transit- 12/6/16
Medical- 12/7/16
Interview- 12/22/16

Visa Approved- 12/22/16

Visa in hand- 12/23/16

US entry- 12/26/16

they told me same that day than next day they said you should expect 6 weeks on supervisor ~~ so shocking

hope they get it done faster i wanna be with my hubby for holidays as well

Dating from : June 1st, 2012
Marriage: December 31st, 2015
File I-130: Feb 23rd, 2016
NOA 1: Feb 26th, 2016 (Nebraska)
File I-129F : March 21st, 2016
USCIS Timeline
2016/02/23: Sent I-130
2016/02/26: Priority Date (Nerbraska Service Center)
2016/02/29: Received "USCIS Acceptance Confirmation"
2016/07/05: Case Approved (Approval Notice)
2016/07/08: I-129F Fiance petition decision letter (applied for both however after approving I-130 the i-129 was rejected
NVC Timeline
2016/08/11 : Received (ACL)-Case and Invoice number from NVC
2016/08/12 : AOS and IV fees Payment Proceed by our Lawyer (Status Showing PAID online)
2016/09/16: Package sent to NVC
2016/09/16: File arrived at NVC
2016/09/23: Received NOA (Scan Date)
2016/11/02: 6 weeks NVC
2016/11/04: NVC Supervisor transfer
2016/11/17: Case Completed (confirmed by phone)
2016/11/18: Email confirmation with W2 checklist to bring the interview date
2016/11/23: Case Complete Letter
2016/12/20: Medical
2017/01/09: Interview Date (Jan 9th 8:30 AM)
VISA Approved
Received VISA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Unfortunately our consulate average is 62 days after nvc cc so even if it takes 30 we gained 30!

Yes it's hard to know what they will accept for expedite but from what I could determine because our approval was August 4 but USCIS sent docs to nrc instead of nvc it took until October 12 for nvc to receive. All advice said that as it was an error from USCIS that was documented I should try so I did.

I probably won't update timeline as it will mess with all new comers but I might keep everyone on here updated?

I'm happy to hear the good news! I remember we were both worried on what happened to our case since we were both approved around the same date until 1 month later our case moved but yours still MIA. I hope you'll get your interview scheduled within 2 weeks from your Consulate's receipt, Kuwait scheduled mine in 2 weeks so everything really happened so fast.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Is a checklist the same as an RFE? I received a checklist stating that I do not qualify for the I-864EZ, even though I am 100% certain I do. Checklist asked me to send an I-864, which I did this morning. My Scan date was Nov. 7 and I did electronic processing. It really caught me by surprise that I received a checklist so soon.

Edited by gregcrs2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone! New to this thread and wish good luck to everyone. Is anyone (particularly those with beneficiaries from Muslim countries) getting nervous about our new POTUS and his promise of banning Muslim immigration?

Scared from Pakistan!

Is a checklist the same as an RFE? I received a checklist stating that I do not qualify for the I-864EZ, even though I am 100% certain I do. Checklist asked me to send an I-864, which I did this morning. My Scan date was Nov. 7 and I did electronic processing. It really caught me by surprise that I received a checklist so soon.

Wow! I'm surprised it was looked at already

Hi everyone! New to this thread and wish good luck to everyone. Is anyone (particularly those with beneficiaries from Muslim countries) getting nervous about our new POTUS and his promise of banning Muslim immigration?

Scared from Pakistan!

Don't worry Trump was saying all these to get elected. He cannot ban people based on religion as this is unconstitutional. The US needs Muslims countries as they are allies fighting war on Terror and last I checked Pakistan is an ally. The Pakistanis have made major contribution to the US economy including the Muslims who many are in academia, private sector and the Military. The politicians exploit the people and say anything to get elected.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.