ergfsh

K-1 Visa, gathering proof

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone !
My fiancé and I are just starting to gather the documents we need for our i-129f, and I'm worried about our proof of having met. I've seen all over that receipts are needed. When I visited him, we never kept any receipts as neither of us ever keep them and we hadn't yet decided to get married and simply didn't know about a lot of things that are required. I used a travel card when I was visiting him (in the states, I'm from the uk) and we never kept any of our receipts as we had no idea. The only thing I have is on my travel card account how much, where and when we spent money on that card, if we were to print this off, would it be sufficient ?

I do have my itinerary and my return board passes, from my flight, unfortunately they seem to not stamp passports anymore :( most of our pictures were at home, unfortunately. We visited a landmark, and bought tickets to go inside it, which i still have. They took our photo there, fortunately at the time, we didn't want the photos so we got to keep the tickets they give you to claim the picture at the end, and even more fortunately, you can then use the tickets to purchase the photos online, which we have done.

Thank you for all and any help that's provided !

Ella

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi Ella

I'm currently at the same stage as you, I'm from Scotland. They have been stamping my passport every time I've went over since 2012 - that's odd they haven't stamped yours. Maybe it's dependant on the airport you fly into!!

We've included boarding passes, hotel confirmations, cruise boarding passes, credit card statements - in which we've highlighted the transactions we were together for. For example Anthony has transactions for parking at JFK the day my flight arrived etc. Printing off your travel card statement sounds like a good idea though! The pictures don't actually count as proof of meeting from what I've read, unless you're holding a newspaper in all of them with the date displayed - but they are good to have, we have included them. However it's more your boarding passes etc that they want to see.

Ps - we've also included screenshots of Facebook check in's - as they are geotagged and shows your location. Don't know how much these will count for - but you could maybe include them also if you have any!

Good Luck!!

Edited by YazMcKeag

:wub: Immigration & Expat Blog Links :wub:

My Full K1 Fiance Visa Journey

January 2017 Filer

K1 Approved on the 30th of June 2017 (6.5 months in total, no RFEs).

AOS Journey 

October 2017 filer

EAD/AP Approved December 2017 (75 days, no RFEs)

AOS Approved 8/15 (no RFEs) 

Living in the US

Info on getting set up

wedding planning

homesickness & everyday life

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Boarding passes, validated tickets, hotel receipts and passport stamps are the primary evidence that you'll need to prove you've met in person. Pictures are good, but considered secondary evidence.

Anything else is icing on the cake.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Receipts are one form of proof. Yes, you can use the travel account statement. Send in the photo copies of your itinery and boarding pass. Send a few photos.

All you can do is send what you have, right?

Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline

Hi! thanks for the replies!
Yeah all I can do is send in what i have I guess, but I'm just so worried it won't be enough! I only have the return boarding passes but not the ones on the way there, I left them at my fiancés house, and they may of gone in the bin... But I do have a photo of my boarding pass that I sent to him the day I took the flight to go see him, but if i have the ones for the return trip, I had to of taken the one there right :D
I've made a few trips to and from France over the years as my parents live there, and even going to and from there, they havent stamped my passport in years, which is a shame.

Good luck to you too Yaz

Edited by Mishnko

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Good luck! We're just starting the process, too.

They haven't stamped your passport all those times?? I think that is so bizarre. Is it an EU thing?

Timeline

Good luck! We're just starting the process, too.

They haven't stamped your passport all those times?? I think that is so bizarre. Is it an EU thing?

I have no idea, when I got to the states they didn't stamp either :(

I remember being so proud of them as a child haha

Timeline

Ella,

Same situation here. My fiancé is from Scotland and when he visited the states they did not stamp his passport. We have boarding passes, a souvenir date-stamped photo, some other photos, etc. I will also be including itineraries. He also used a travel card so no receipts there. Hoping this will all go well! Good luck to you!

We didn't include any receipts. Our primary evidence of meeting within the last two years was flight bookings, boarding passes and passport stamps (very odd that you're not being stamped into the US). I think I had one hotel booking with both our names on it that I used too.

If you only have your return boarding passes (I was also in this situation), you could print the booking confirmation that shows the flight itinerary then include the boarding passes on the next page.

Hey

We only had a few receipts for things that we'd booked online. The rest of our 'met in person' evidence was made up of booking confirmations, and online boarding passes from me visit the US and him visiting the UK.

We also had a bunch of correspondence, when he'd sent me letters, birthday/christmas/valentines cards etc, and vice versa, screen grabs from text messages, emails, Facebook and Skype conversations along with pictures of us together, where we made a note of when and where each picture was taken. The only other receipt we had was for the engagement ring.

K1 Visa

Packet Sent:  01/20/2016

NOA1: 02/11/2016

NOA2: 03/11/2016

NVC Received Case: 04/07/2016

Consulate Received Case: 04/12/2016

Medical Exam: 05/19/2016

Interview: 07/21/2016

Visa Received: 07/31/2016

US Entry: 09/11/2016

Wedding: 09/23/2016

AOS/EAD/AP

Packet Sent: 10/19/2016

NOA(x3) : 11/02/2016

Biometrics: 11/25/2016

AOS Approval: 12/30/2016

Green Card Received: 01/07/2017

ROC

Packet Sent: 10/15/2018

Text Received: 10/24/2018

NOA: 11/08/2018

Biometrics: 11/26/2018

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have no idea, when I got to the states they didn't stamp either :(

I remember being so proud of them as a child haha

They stopped stamping in my passport when I left Jamaica only upon arrival the last few times I went. My kids and I wanted Canada stamps in our passports. We drove over the bridge and asked them to please stamp them. On the way back over to go home the border patrol agent asked us why we has stamps in our passports and who did it. Lol. They're no fun anymore. Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hi I actually got approved with no pictures sent other than a birth certificate of my fiancee and boarding passes of our trips to meet. We met once.

I was waiting for an RFE but my process just left NVC today.

I had not known about this site when I submitted my paperwork. I wish I had front loaded but its all good, I will have those pics and rest of evidence at the interview.

I never kept any receipts.

I sent in two photo's of us and my boarding pass. No RFE's and 4 month's later I got my visa approved.

Don't worry too much!

Just to ease your thoughts - I didn't include any receipts either when I sent my I-129F. My fiancé didn't think that it proves much so we decided to exclude it.

All we sent were the passport stamps, flight itineraries and our W-2s to prove that we were working in the same company during the same season. We also sent a postcard that I sent to my fiancé when we were apart. As for pictures, we only took selfies so there weren't any specific landmarks in the pictures but we did wrote the name of the place we took selfies at at the back of the photos. We were approved 1 and a half months later :)

K1 Visa Journey!

California Service Center

13 July 2016 - sent K1 petition

25 July 2016 - NOA1 letter (notice date 19 July 2016)

31 August 2016 - NOA2 approved! (USCIS website)(43 days from NOA1)

10 November 2016 - K1 Visa interview APPROVED!

AOS Journey!

23 February 2017 - sent AOS + EAD application

27 February 2017 - NOA text and email

7 March 2017 - NOA letter

10 March 2017 - biometrics appointment letter (scheduled for 23 March 2017)

11 March 2017 - RFE letter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.