elmcitymaven

Tape Reveals Donald Trump Bragging About Kissing and Groping Women

278 posts in this topic

Don't be rude. I believe the politically correct term is exotic pharmacist.

pharmacist/drug dealer, tomato/tomahto.

What would happen if a person does not buy into the healthcare system and needs life saving emergency medical care that he/she cannot afford? Is it okay for a hospital to refuse treatment and let them die? Or does the hospital have to provide this life saving treatment knowing that they will never get paid for it?

You make your bed, you die in it. Yes, if a person declines insurance, then they pretty much made their choice. Refuse treatment and good luck..

these people should have thought ahead and saved for their possible cancer or heart attack before it hit. don't continue to breathe if you're not fiscally prepared to stop.

Exactly.

Sorry, we already subsidize the costs of freeloaders whether or not they have insurance.

And that's the root of the problem. Need somebody with some balls to overhaul this system. But I don't see that happening since there is no vested interest for the politicians to get involved in it.

The entire social services system is broken. The people that should be getting help (disabled, veterans, elderly, etc) sometimes aren't, but healthy no good bums who are very capable of supporting themselves are sitting on their ### eating Mc'd's and drinking Mountain Dew on tax payer's dime. Here's an example... A co-worker of my wife with 2 small kids was refused food stamps when her husband passed away because her income was above the maximum. She works, but needed a little help because her husband suddenly died and her income alone wasn't enough to get by. In NYC, 22k barely pays rent for an apartment and utilities, much less food. She had to bed neighbors for help just to feed her kids because the gov't wouldn't help.

But a welfare queen with 8 ####### kids is getting $400 (food stamps + cash)/kid per month tax-free, plus free housing and utilities. Why would she ever look for a job?

And that's the root of the problem. Need somebody with some balls to overhaul this system. But I don't see that happening since there is no vested interest for the politicians to get involved in it.

The entire social services system is broken. The people that should be getting help (disabled, veterans, elderly, etc) sometimes aren't, but healthy no good bums who are very capable of supporting themselves are sitting on their ### eating Mc'd's and drinking Mountain Dew on tax payer's dime. Here's an example... A co-worker of my wife with 2 small kids was refused food stamps when her husband passed away because her income was above the maximum. She works, but needed a little help because her husband suddenly died and her income alone wasn't enough to get by. In NYC, 22k barely pays rent for an apartment and utilities, much less food. She had to bed neighbors for help just to feed her kids because the gov't wouldn't help.

But a welfare queen with 8 ####### kids is getting $400 (food stamps + cash)/kid per month tax-free, plus free housing and utilities. Why would she ever look for a job?

Hold on a minute, I can eat Mcd's and drink Mountain Dew on the gov't dole? I've got to rethink my career choices now.

And some people thought I was crazy when I said Octomom's are the scurge that will bring the US to it's knees.

Edited by Teddy B

Hey why do the disabled, veterans, and elderly need help? Why are they any more special? By your philosophy they are lazy and have ''made their beds'' and should die in them. Who cares if the woman's husband died? He shouldn't have died, he should have manned up and kept living. She shouldn't have had kids because she should have known he would die some day. She should have left NYC because she should have known it costs too much money to live there. Why should my taxes go to pay for her bed she's made?

:huh::blink:

Great questions. I agree with everything you said. Nobody should have to support anybody else. Each person for themselves should be the way it is. I'm good with that. People work hard for their money, it shouldn't be given to freeloaders. But somebody needs to help pay for infrastructure. I don't mind my taxes going to build roads, hospitals, schools, pay teachers, etc. because those are things that I have or will use at some point.

But obviously, that's not the world we live in. If the government is choosing to help people, they should help the ones who aren't able to help themselves, instead of the ones who choose not to help themselves. I wish more people had the intelligence to recognize the difference.

something i just whipped up. i'm crafty like that.

I didn't do so well on SAT Verbal (only 570). I'm a quantitative person (780 SAT Math).

Edited by Eric-Pris

Great questions. I agree with everything you said. Nobody should have to support anybody else. Each person for themselves should be the way it is. I'm good with that. People work hard for their money, it shouldn't be given to freeloaders. I don't mind my taxes going to build roads, hospitals, schools, pay teachers, etc.

pay teachers: what if i don't have any kids in the system, why should i pay for your brats?

pay for hospitals: what if i support my local witch doctor only? i don't really believe in science.

pay for roads: why should i pay for roads i don't live on, travel?

I didn't do so well on SAT Verbal (only 570). I'm a quantitative person (780 SAT Math).

we must opposites, excepting i'd have to give you my ged scores. i've never taken this SAT you speak of..

we must opposites, excepting i'd have to give you my ged scores. i've never taken this SAT you speak of..

Not really a surprise.

And some people thought I was crazy when I said Octomom's are the scurge that will bring the US to it's knees.

They already are. And you'll be paying for her diabetes treatments.

Edited by Eric-Pris

Not really a surprise.

no? damn. i'll try harder next time. really important to me what you think of me and that you're taken off guard with each new revelation.