M@K

lack of visits

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I've last seen my spouse, september 2014. In 2015 he suprisingly purchase a cruise for our first anniversary but we didn't get to take the cruise as our lawyer said it would be best if I wait in my home country as I would be taking the risk of being denied entry or not. We'll still be able to in the future as it's an open ticket and we had it updated.In 2016 of august he had planned to visit me but never got the chance as he got a job in July 2016 and would not be able to get the time off seeing he just started.our case is now at nvc so in a couple of months I'm thinking I'll be attending my interview.will lack of visiting each other affect my case. We have submitted all our evidences except for western union receipts. If ask at the interview about visits, I'll give the same explanation above. Any professional advise on this matter ?

Two souls ? with but a single thought, two ? that beat as one. M & K ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Lack of visits can certainly be reason for refusal. He should make plans to get in one visit or be on the premises at the time of your interview.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

2 full years is a very long time.

Agree

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Southwest Airlines flies from Louisville, KY to Jamaica. It appears to take approx. 8 hours (with 1 stop in between) and costs as low as $350 round-trip. Getting down to Jamaica is not that hard (as opposed to flying to Southeast Asia... $1500 + 20 hour flight).

I would be worried too. Both for the interview and the relationship.

Timeline

During the 2 year we haven't seen each other he was unemployed.Its only 3 months since he has been employed. However, I submitted phone records that show we talk every day. I have western union receipts also,envelops and parcel packages with stamps of things I've received in the mail. My marriage is genuine so I'm keeping faith that the Lord is going to work it out.

Timeline

During the 2 year we haven't seen each other he was unemployed.Its only 3 months since he has been employed. However, I submitted phone records that show we talk every day. I have western union receipts also,envelops and parcel packages with stamps of things I've received in the mail. My marriage is genuine so I'm keeping faith that the Lord is going to work it out.

none of us could afford to see each other during that period as we were both unemployed. I've only being employed for 1 year now and upon making the decision to go and see him his lawyer says I would be taking a risk as there is no guarantee I would be granted entry by IM office. My husband has only been working 3 months now n he not entitled to time off just yet

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

It is understandable that he can not get off while at a new job but what about the time he was unemployed ?

Probably the money for travel was not there then.

Fact is the CO will not care about the reasons why you could not have made an effort to be together for some visits and they have to

gauge your relationship by the real face time visits and not merely chats and phone calls.

It is what it is. Show all the reasons to the CO anyway, the cruise may help.

I suggest he take off for at least 5-6 days over Thanksgiving Holiday weekend where he can add 1-2 days, perhaps without pay.

Still not long enough but better than nothing and maybe you can schedule the interview during that time or after.

Otherwise you stand the chance that the petition will be returned to USCIS which would add 9-12 + months of a re affirmation

process. You are taking a gamble and should have waited to file until you were both more stable financially and got some visits

in. Right now it looks like a 50/50 chance.

Edited by Ebunoluwa
Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

It is understandable that he can not get off while at a new job but what about the time he was unemployed ?

Probably the money for travel was not there then.

Fact is the CO will not care about the reasons why you could not have made an effort to be together for some visits and they have to

gauge your relationship by the real face time visits and not merely chats and phone calls.

It is what it is. Show all the reasons to the CO anyway, the cruise may help.

I suggest he take off for at least 5-6 days over Thanksgiving Holiday weekend where he can add 1-2 days, perhaps without pay.

Still not long enough but better than nothing and maybe you can schedule the interview during that time or after.

Otherwise you stand the chance that the petition will be returned to USCIS which would add 9-12 + months of a re affirmation

process. You are taking a gamble and should have waited to file until you were both more stable financially and got some visits

in. Right now it looks like a 50/50 chance.Thanks alot

Southwest can take him into Montego Bay, he can take 2 fays off for

the interview once you have the date. Knutsford Exp bus goes into

kingston from that airport, equipt with TV, restroom & wt-fi We

rode ot last yr it was comfortable, we got off in Ocho Rios.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

My baby came to visit me for a week Oct 14-20. We haven't seen each other in 2 years. Thanks to his boss who gave him the time off though been recently employed. We had a wonderful time.I'm awaiting interview date.?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.