Edison777

221 (g) administrative processing

65 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Edison777:we are in ap in turkey.they req more documents. Sent in sept 8.still waiting.interview was aug 2.PLzz keep me posted

Edited by Ryan H
Reas for edit: to remove double post.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi, I had my interview just yesterday and after the interview the consular officer gave me a letter that includes a denial under section 221(g) for some missing document of the joint sponsor. She highlighted precise rows that said " please provide the joint sponsor's original signed affidavit of support (I-864) along with proof of his/her citizenship or legal permanent resident status and his/her W2 and complete federal income tax return transcript from IRS for the year 2015".

My wife had already sent that to the NVC, the original signed affidavit of support along with federal income tax Return Of the last three years that includes year of 2015! And now I got a pending denial because of it! Please what should we do in this case. My wife had sent those forms to the NVC before the interview! Is possible those forms were missed? And I was put for administrative processing as well. The consular officer delivered my passport to me is that a bad sign or what? I want to proceed the visa issuance as soon as possible what should I do please help.

Any soon reply will be appreciated

This is the same thing that happened to me, but the NVC did no send my papers off to the embassy they kept it and gave me a check list and now its been there for 9+ WEEKS

This process drived me mad but is coming to a end thank God. ???

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Best to send them ASAP.usually theygive pasport back in case you need to travel but it may also take some time to issue viss.how long?anybodys guess

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Best to send them ASAP.usually theygive pasport back in case you need to travel but it may also take some time to issue viss.how long?anybodys guess

Send what he said they told him joint sponsor didn't make enough and they can't find another

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You were like me. I made sure my husband had originals of every document I submitted.My tax transcripts for 3 years and tax forms and W2's divorce decree with raised seal, my Birth certificate and passport and Social security card.

I wasn't playin that day. :goofy:

I think that's the issue with most applicants, I don't want to be rude but it's outlined in the P4 letter and all post Case Complete documentation/correspondence from NVC what is required for the interview.

It clearly states to bring all originals to the interview on numerous occasions. NVC only files the request for interview and they basically pre-screens/approves you for the consulate interview.

Like you said, I was NOT going to risk a thing, I brought everything and anything that would help my case. I didn't want to undergo a 221(g) or a longer AP or a RFE. A few more hours of prep usually saves people loads of headaches and heartaches down the road.

I would suggest anyone to search 'interview denial' in VJ here, I seriously read 40 personal experiences and read why they got refused from their interview and did everything they didn't. It's all about prep work.

USCIS Process:

Sent I-130 (via Canada Post): Feb 29, 2016

NOA1 hardcopy received: March 16, 2016

NOA2 approval text & email: June 9, 2016

-------------------------------------------------------

NVC Process:

Case number and IIN Assigned: July 5, 2016

Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: July 6, 2016

IV application (DS-260) completed: July 12, 2016

Sent AOS & IV packets (Electronic Processing): July 14, 2016

CC: July 20, 2016

Medical: September 13, 2016

Interview: September 19, 2016 APPROVED!

POE: October 31, 2016

-------------------------------------------------------

ROC Process:

Submitted I-751 (USPS Overnight): August 2, 2018

Approved: August 21st, 2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hi, everyone a question! How much a joint sponsor should make a year in order to sponsor a spouse.i know it should be 125% of poverty guideline but I need numbers please it's urgent. Any quick reply appreciated

Timeline

Hi, everyone a question! How much a joint sponsor should make a year in order to sponsor a spouse.i know it should be 125% of poverty guideline but I need numbers please it's urgent. Any quick reply appreciated

Did the joint sponsor claim anyone on their taxes?

Here is the poverty guidelines for 2016: https://www.uscis.go...form/i-864p.pdf

Edited by MrsBurgz

Timeline

He claims no-one but himself can you please tell me with numbers what we need for him to be an approved joint sponsor?

Ok if he doesn't live in Alaska or Hawaii then his minimum required income should be $20,025 for 2 persons. Himself and the intending immigrant.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

It's confusing the embassy asked for a joint sponsor's original signed affidavit of support I-864! How can a joint sponsor file that form when the form I-864A is for a joint sponsor? Can anyone explain please?

Timeline

It's confusing the embassy asked for a joint sponsor's original signed affidavit of support I-864! How can a joint sponsor file that form when the form I-864A is for a joint sponsor? Can anyone explain please?

The embassy is correct, I-864 is what is needed from the joint sponsor.

I-864A is for household members.

Edited by MrsBurgz

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.