104 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Consult about what? What are you looking to do?[/quote

What should I do next ? My boyfriend and was talking to get marry when I was in USA .if I have a little chance of try I will try .I m sorry if I'm sound like stubborn and stupid but I m so desperate .

Filed: Timeline

To get a waiver, there must be a hardship to a qualified relative who is a USC or LPR. You will not get a waiver simply because you want to live in the US. A boyfriend is not a relative.

What to do next? Get marry, file for a spousal visa, be denied the visa, and then file for a waiver with a USC or LPR husband who would be a qualified relative.

You are making this harder on yourself. Forget about the student visa because you will no qualify due to your ban, and you do not have a qualifying relative for a waiver. Go get marry and file for the spousal visa.

married then file.

but i just read you were gonna come on the f1 then marry they frown upon that...(considered fraud to come in with intent to marry)

you are in quicksand if you move you go deeper...

stop

breath

get married if you are in a true committed relationship ;)

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Consult about what? What are you looking to do?[/quote

What should I do next ? My boyfriend and was talking to get marry when I was in USA .if I have a little chance of try I will try .I m sorry if I'm sound like stubborn and stupid but I m so desperate .

I get the impression you want to marry in the US.

So you would go the usual K1 route with the added complication of a waiver.

I am also going to assume the the BF is not up to the waiver process so he will need a lawyer, immigrate2us.net has a list of recommended waiver lawyers, often they are also mentioned on this forum.

So I guess is he ready to get things going?

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

married then file.

but i just read you were gonna come on the f1 then marry they frown upon that...(considered fraud to come in with intent to marry)

you are in quicksand if you move you go deeper...

stop

breath

get married if you are in a true committed relationship ;)

Thank you ! Yes that's what we are talking about rightnow.we are together 4 years and talking about marriage since last year.I won't apply for f1 or work visa.thank you so much for help .

Timeline

I get the impression you want to marry in the US.

So you would go the usual K1 route with the added complication of a waiver.

I am also going to assume the the BF is not up to the waiver process so he will need a lawyer, immigrate2us.net has a list of recommended waiver lawyers, often they are also mentioned on this forum.

So I guess is he ready to get things going?

Yes he is American and we are talking about marriage since last year.this summer he suppose to come with me and meet my family .we are serious about this .and thank you so much again .

Timeline

You could also marry in Turkey.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Thank you ! Yes that's what we are talking about rightnow.we are together 4 years and talking about marriage since last year.I won't apply for f1 or work visa.thank you so much for help .

Given that you already don't have the greatest immigration record, I would definitely not advise on going to the US and just get married there to file for AOS to stay.

Look into waivers and research a little bit so you know what people are talking about on here. A waiver for an immigration visa is really difficult to get because you need to prove hardship to your fiancé or spouse (now boyfriend). Hardship means that you guys need to prove why he can not move to Turkey to be with you and why he cannot live in the US without you. Again, keep in mind that this waiver would be filed after you have your visa interview for your immigration visa (K1 or CR1). I hope you are aware of how difficult this will be to prove.

From what I know and experienced with other people is that it's a lot easier to go the work visa route because for that tou won't need to prove hardship, "only" a demonstration that the consulate should exercise its discretion in your favor (never committed a crime etc.).

Again I feel like you need to sit down and research your options and determine what is the easiest way with the highest chance of approval for you to be able to go back.

Timeline

Given that you already don't have the greatest immigration record, I would definitely not advise on going to the US and just get married there to file for AOS to stay.

Look into waivers and research a little bit so you know what people are talking about on here. A waiver for an immigration visa is really difficult to get because you need to prove hardship to your fiancé or spouse (now boyfriend). Hardship means that you guys need to prove why he can not move to Turkey to be with you and why he cannot live in the US without you. Again, keep in mind that this waiver would be filed after you have your visa interview for your immigration visa (K1 or CR1). I hope you are aware of how difficult this will be to prove.

From what I know and experienced with other people is that it's a lot easier to go the work visa route because for that tou won't need to prove hardship, "only" a demonstration that the consulate should exercise its discretion in your favor (never committed a crime etc.).

Again I feel like you need to sit down and research your options and determine what is the easiest way with the highest chance of approval for you to be able to go back.

I definitely need advise in this point.that's the main reason I join this forum.I need to find the easiest way to apply for visa again.my sponsor will send me job offer but I don't know which one is that yet.I m in the middle of something and don't know which way I should take ...

Timeline

Lets deal with the job first, what sort of job, it the employer a non profit?

Timeline

Lets deal with the job first, what sort of job, it the employer a non profit?

It's a manager position.I have my bachelor degree and I m thinking its a good opportunity for me.honestly I don't know the details yet because they didn't send me memo yet.there is a time differences so I m waiting their email with details.

Timeline

They appoint a lawyer and decide to go for a H1b, dual intent so no issue with BF etc

Apply in March for 1st April, lottery as it is over subscribed.

Say you win so at some point is sent to Consulate who will interview you for a visa with a 1st October start.

But you need a waiver, so add another 6 months or so.

I take it that they really want you to work for them.

Timeline

They appoint a lawyer and decide to go for a H1b, dual intent so no issue with BF etc

Apply in March for 1st April, lottery as it is over subscribed.

Say you win so at some point is sent to Consulate who will interview you for a visa with a 1st October start.

But you need a waiver, so add another 6 months or so.

I take it that they really want you to work for them.

I msorry can you please explain this more for me.applying for green card you mean ? I didn't understand at all.

I msorry can you please explain this more for me.applying for green card you mean ? I didn't understand at all.

NO. Boiler is explaining the US work visa process to you.

You don't get a green card right away from a work visa.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

There are the EB categories but they are usual.

I assumed the usual H1b work visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.