roxy8989

Overstay, married, need some advice on application(merged)

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello all! I'm new here but I've been reading for a while. A very helpful site for so many people.

I came here on an H4 dependent visa when i was 17, and it expired when I turned 21. Did not work. No criminal history.

Met my US citizen husband when I was 23 and married 2 years later. We're now about to start on the applications and have been doing some research.

So far this is what I've found that I need to do:

- I-130 completed by my husband, supplemented with copies of his birth cert, our marriage cert, passport photos, and evidences showing a bona fide marriage and spousal relationship

- I-485, with copy of my birth cert, copy of my passport, passport photos

- I-765, with a copy of my I94

- G-325A for husband and I

- I-864, with a copy of his birth cert, tax return, w2, pay stubs, employer letter

- I-693

- Check for $985+$85+$420

Are those all that I have to turn in?

Do I really need a lawyer for this? I'm afraid because of my overstay. I've read on the internet, and some say yes some say no.

Edited by roxy8989

:guides: ⬆️

You can get alot of help by following them.

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Yes I've read the guide pertaining to my situation and it's really helpful. I'm a little more confident that I have what I need to submit. My question is, is it okay for me not to hire a lawyer? I believe I'm pretty meticulous and organized when it comes to applications so there won't be any blank columns or whatever. Will I need a lawyer because of my overstaying?

No you dont need a lawyer. If spouse is a usc that overstay is forgiven ;)

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based Visas to AOS from Work, Student & Tourist Visas -not AOS from K visa ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Some people prefer to hire a lawyer as it is nice to have someone that's done the paperwork before. That being said, you mentioned that you're meticulous and organized! Just make sure that you absolutely submit EVERYTHING that is needed! Submitting these forms is a delicate matter, as forgetting to sign a document, or missing required evidence will result in you getting a request for additional evidence, and that in turn could slow down the processing of your paperwork.

One thing that might help you is to go over every single form, and creating a checklist of what is needed. You'll notice that some things will be included repeatedly. You'll need more than one copy of the G325 form because multiple forms ask for it. You'll also need more than one passport photo. It can get really overwhelming so just make sure to go over the list of requirements many times!

Filling out the paperwork isn't super hard, but it does require that you be organized and meticulous!

Good look with filing!!!!!!

AOS Package Sent: March 30, 2016

AOS Package Received: March 31, 2016

NOA Received by Mail: April 7, 2016

Biometrics Appointment: May 10, 2016

Biometrics Walk-In: May 9, 2016

Interview Scheduled: July 14, 2016

Thank you so much, rangm021!

I have already created a checklist, and read the guide that pertains to my situation. It makes me feel relieved that I do not need a lawyer because we really cant afford to spend an extra 2k-4k. All I was worried about was my overstay, if i would need a lawyer to defend my case or whatever. Because ive seen on some sites that say that it is best to hire a lawyer if you have an overstay problem.

One thing I did not know was that I have to include multiple stuff when the foms call for it! Thank you for telling me! I was about to only put one G-325a each for me and my husband. Oops! Thank you thank you thank you! :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You can do this without an attorney, and as others mentioned, your overstay will be forgiven since your married to a USC.

Pull together all you can on evidence, here is a Very useful link.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2

Best wishes, I see your in Houston also,,, going to be a wait, Houston is slower then molasses in the dead of winter.

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Thank you for your reply Beth & Achraf!

And yes, i saw the processing times and houston has one of the slowest wait times! But im fine with that, as long as the EAD doesnt take too long, because i really want to start working already.

I'm so glad that this site exists. The site and the people are so helpful, makes me feel at ease

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Fam.-based AOS to WorkST-based AOS Forum~

~Adjusting from work visa~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Hey guys I need help again :/

On the form i485 part 3 question 8 asks if I have been placed in deportation or removal proceedings before.

I am not sure what to put.

A couple of months before my H4 expired, I applied for a US tourist visa to lengthen my stay a little and think of what I should do. That was denied because I didn't show any proof. I sent the appeal with the reason for staying, and it was denied. I lost the paper that said it was denied and I remember seeing the phrase "will be subjected to removal proceedings". I just looked online and people said that it usually has a Notice To Appear date. Mine did not have that.

So am I in removal proceedings? What do I answer on the question?

Thank you in advance guys. You all have been a great help.

No one can know the answer because you lost the details. Answer to the best of your ability.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Call this number: 1-800-898-7180 and put in your A#. If it says there is no record, then you aren't in removal, yet.

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.