We Keep Receipts

Is #TeacherBae’s Dress Too Tight for School?

142 posts in this topic

You sound experienced at giving compliments. I need to see you in my office at home. ???

Anyway, you better not be giving compliments???? good to see you are making it through my very strict rules. Living under a CABA isn't easy??

What can I say? I'm nice like that. That military discount question can either work in or against me, just saying...

What chapter of the CABA handbook are you at with Marv?

Chapter 3. Speaking to women about work or customer service. I get 10 seconds to get my point across...

and that's my point, modesty is appropriate in certain circumstances, in the classroom is one of them. Personally, I think she has a rocking body, but that's all I see (That could be on me), I do not see a gifted teacher, I see a beautiful women that wishes to show off her body. My X wife had a beautiful body but dressed in a manner that was reflective of her work environment.

Unless you're in the classroom while she's teaching, you can't make that kind of judgment call. As for the last comment, whoa...

You're teaching him good Janelle! I bet Marv is looking forward to chapter 5 "Boys night out my behind" and my favorite chapter 7 "Sports are yucky let's go shopping".

Lucky in both regards. We don't go out here without each other, and she hates shopping!

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

What can I say? I'm nice like that. That military discount question can either work in or against me, just saying...

Chapter 3. Speaking to women about work or customer service. I get 10 seconds to get my point across...

Unless you're in the classroom while she's teaching, you can't make that kind of judgment call. As for the last comment, whoa...

Lucky in both regards. We don't go out here without each other, and she hates shopping!

5 seconds if she's cute. If she's beautiful I do the talking while he turns his head. I LOVE BEING A CABA!

regardless of personal opinions people will always make value judgements based on appearance, that goes for the beautiful and the not so

I am overweight - therefore first impression is that I am lazy, unmotivated and not very intelligent, therefore I need to work harder, do more, prove my intelligence, same as a person of color must do.

She is beautiful, and curvaceous but she is also upping the presentation through dress, I see curvy women who do not appear to have their clothes spray painted on every day, she is gilding the proverbial lilly, she can still express her sense of fashion without form fitting attire.

I do not care if I am singular in my opinion, and yes I do think she is narcissistic and not the victim of overly developed curves

I cannot tell whether she is a gifted teacher based on her clothes, earlier someone said she was educator of the month, I used that to imply she was a gifted educator, perhaps she is the least mediocre, best of the worst.

I am looking at a woman who is wearing body contouring clothing and publicly posting her picture to social media, she is the one objectifying herself, there is no need for me to do so. My comment was meant to show that she is choosing to wear provocative clothing that purposefully reveals her figure. Her display is not the result of a curvy body, she chooses to have a look that accentuates her body shape, again I have no problem with her right to do so, I question her judgement on where she chooses to wear these clothes.

point being, her outfit changed your assessment of what sort of a person she is.my point is, if you think a person is objectifying themselves or not isn't the issue. if you think a person chose their outfit to showoff their awesome body and not for the modest reasons the snake informed us we should put clothes on..isn't the issue. i'm not trying to bash you for your opinion, i just wondered if you had thought about how unfair it is to suggest a woman should adjust her wardrobe to look less attractive, even when that wardrobe is considered up to code. this same sort of misappropriating of shame happens to young girls who develop early, or who are overweight etc. they are shamed for having boobs too early, or for having mom's who aren't ready to buy them training bras and schools wanting those suckers properly strapped in, shorts that come to the proper length on one girl won't come to the same length on a girl with curvier hips, etc.

5 seconds if she's cute. If she's beautiful I do the talking while he turns his head. I LOVE BEING A CABA!

That's 5 seconds with a 3 second margin of error...

regardless of personal opinions people will always make value judgements based on appearance, that goes for the beautiful and the not so

I am overweight - therefore first impression is that I am lazy, unmotivated and not very intelligent, therefore I need to work harder, do more, prove my intelligence, same as a person of color must do.

She is beautiful, and curvaceous but she is also upping the presentation through dress, I see curvy women who do not appear to have their clothes spray painted on every day, she is gilding the proverbial lilly, she can still express her sense of fashion without form fitting attire.

I do not care if I am singular in my opinion, and yes I do think she is narcissistic and not the victim of overly developed curves

Nothing wrong with rocking what God gave you. I think as long as she's doing her job and it's effective, she is good. Fact is, folks aren't mad about her clothes, they mad about her shape.

Also, nothing wrong with loving yourself. She is fierce with it, and even though she's been reprimanded for it, my only thing is now scrutiny is going to be a big part of her life.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I will retire with my opinion intact,

I never said she needed to hide her body, I said her stage for showing it is inappropriate. I never said I thought less of her for dressing like that, I pointed out that her visual overwhelms any other evaluation. as far as the snake giving us shame, that was God's doing as a result of succumbing to temptation. If you choose to reference the bible, at least get the story correct.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I went to catholic school for 12 years and apart from the few nuns teaching, I remember a few of the female teachers wearing similar outfits/dresses. I don't see anything wrong with this teacher although I don't have the same eye as Janelle.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

as far as the snake giving us shame, that was God's doing as a result of succumbing to temptation. If you choose to reference the bible, at least get the story correct.

snake didn't give us shame, snake told eve to go ahead and have at the fruit from the tree of knowledge. after all, what kind of god wants to keep the potential of his creation trapped in the safe space of blissful ignorance? the moment adam and eve ate it, they were ashamed of their naked bodies where before they didn't know to be ashamed. god didn't give them shame as a consequence, self awareness was the consequence of knowledge. shame is a part of self awareness, no separating. can't have one without the other.

you can disagree with me all day on dress code and it won't ruffle my feathers. but tell me i ain't got the most important bible story 'correct' and we're gonna scrap.

I went to catholic school for 12 years and apart from the few nuns teaching, I remember a few of the female teachers wearing similar outfits/dresses. I don't see anything wrong with this teacher although I don't have the same eye as Janelle.

I didn't particularly look to see if I could see her undergarments but if we could then I'd say it's not appropriate. Other than this it shouldn't be a problem. She shouldn't have to wear a paper bag or couch cover

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I didn't particularly look to see if I could see her undersgarment but if we could then I'd say it's not appropriate. Other than this it shouldn't be a problem. She shouldn't have to wear a paper bag or couch cover

When I was in grade school I had a teacher that flashed us her undergarments several times. I don't think it was intentional but she did it several times. Of course as a young boy I wasn't going to complain or mention it to anybody else. :devil:

The interesting thing about this teacher is that she later became the host of the children's program Romper Room for the Dallas-Ft. Worth area.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I heard about it this morning and thought to myself, don't people have antyhing better to do? Let her wear what she wants.

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

When I was in grade school I had a teacher that flashed us her undergarments several times. I don't think it was intentional but she did it several times. Of course as a young boy I wasn't going to complain or mention it to anybody else. :devil:

The interesting thing about this teacher is that she later became the host of the children's program Romper Room for the Dallas-Ft. Worth area.

????romper room?? Link or it didn't happen