Summer2016j

How can abortion affect my medical exam

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm in very sensitive situation right now I hope you can give me good advice and don't judge me in this mess that that I'm facing right now. I'm due for medical test this month and my visa interview will be next month. I just found out las week that I'm pregnant and decided to take medicine to abort the pregnancy. My fiancé doesn't know that I am in this situation. He is not the father, I was forced/raped and got pregnant. It's been a week and I'm still bleeding, I can feel that the abortion was successful and I'm just waiting for my body to get back to normal. I don't know what to do and when to go for the medical test. The fiancé is so excited and bugging me to go for the medical and I just keep giving excuses that I have cough and other reasons to delay the medical test. In case I recover before the interview date, should I tell the doctor what I did and what I been through or should I just keep it? Can they tell if I had abortion? How will it affect my visa interview and approval. I'm emotionally drained now, I feel like giving up but, we have so many plans and I hope it won't be ruined because of what happened to me.

First I am very sorry this happend to you. Did you file a police report?

Second you need to be honest with your fiancee I dont think he will be upset with you its not you fault.

Third You need to see a doctor about what medicine you took to abort you may not be ok. Is it the morning after pill? Or a home remedy?

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the Philippines regional forum from Introductions. - As the OP's question is very much country specific.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Never lie if asked during your processing for a visa. Don't volunteer information that is not asked for as that too can be trouble some.

A marriage is built on trust and love. Your fiancee trust you to always do the right thing just as you trust him.

I wish you brighter days ahead.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

I'm in very sensitive situation right now I hope you can give me good advice and don't judge me in this mess that that I'm facing right now. I'm due for medical test this month and my visa interview will be next month. I just found out las week that I'm pregnant and decided to take medicine to abort the pregnancy. My fiancé doesn't know that I am in this situation. He is not the father, I was forced/raped and got pregnant. It's been a week and I'm still bleeding, I can feel that the abortion was successful and I'm just waiting for my body to get back to normal. I don't know what to do and when to go for the medical test. The fiancé is so excited and bugging me to go for the medical and I just keep giving excuses that I have cough and other reasons to delay the medical test. In case I recover before the interview date, should I tell the doctor what I did and what I been through or should I just keep it? Can they tell if I had abortion? How will it affect my visa interview and approval. I'm emotionally drained now, I feel like giving up but, we have so many plans and I hope it won't be ruined because of what happened to me.

Hello ,

I'm really sorry to hear bout your situation.

But with regards to your question, please be honest about it when you go to your medical exam. The doctor will know. You don't want to be in trouble during this entire process.

Most especially tell your fiancée.

Hope you'll be okay, please pray.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

The doctor won't know unless you still have HcG in your system. Women miscarry all the time and there is no way to tell the difference between that and an abortion. If I were you, I would put off the medical exam until after your next period and see a doctor to make sure that what you did was successful and you aren't retaining anything.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

The doctor won't know unless you still have HcG in your system. Women miscarry all the time and there is no way to tell the difference between that and an abortion. If I were you, I would put off the medical exam until after your next period and see a doctor to make sure that what you did was successful and you aren't retaining anything.

Timeline

I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow for ultrasound, in case the medication I did went right and my Hcg lever or pregnancy test already turned negative is it already safe to proceed with my medical test or should I really need to wait for my next menstrual cycle, my interview is due first week of Oct and I don't want to move it as much as possible.

Timeline

I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow for ultrasound, in case the medication I did went right and my Hcg lever or pregnancy test already turned negative is it already safe to proceed with my medical test or should I really need to wait for my next menstrual cycle, my interview is due first week of Oct and I don't want to move it as much as possible.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

First off, you need to check with the Doctor if nothing is left inside you. You will have some explaining to do with the Doctors here in the Philippines specially with catholic hospitals. Without proper D & C you will be bleeding for about 3 weeks or so. I don't know if the medicals will do a paps smear on you, but somehow the cervix will look a little different, specially if it's recent.

Plus if you can't tell everything to your future spouse, then maybe think twice. Wish you the best.

OP. There are a lot of Dr.'s on VJ and their advice is free but could be costly once you apply it to your case. You need to talk about all your questions with your private Doctor. Once you have all the medical advice from your family Doctor who by the way is trained, then you use your common sense to move forward with your decision. Would you visit a car repair shop for dental work? I think not and that is what you are doing here.

See your Doctor and ask all your questions then make your decision and move forward. Don't second guess because that is only going to cause you angst.

I wish you all the best.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Actually, we almost have the same story. The only diff is that i had mine few years back. Will they find it out? I dont have a plan to tell it to the doc. But i need more enlightenment.. Pls give me some advise? Anyone from you guys have the same story and didnt tell the doctor? What happened?

Actually, we almost have the same story. The only diff is that i had mine few years back. Will they find it out? I dont have a plan to tell it to the doc. But i need more enlightenment.. Pls give me some advise? Anyone from you guys have the same story and didnt tell the doctor? What happened?

Like we have said before an abortion has no baring on the visa. If asked then be honest and tell them the details. If not asked, say nothing. Yours was a few years ago so you g Ave a 50/50 chance if they order a psychological evaluation.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.