Tarvaris

I-129f Approved in only 38 days!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I just wanted to post my quick results for others. My fiancé and I have been together since January. She is from Rio de Janerio and I’m from the US. I went to visit her for a week in February and for three weeks in July. I proposed to her in July.

On July 25, I sent off the I-129F form to Texas. On July 28, they notified me that my case has been transferred to California. On Aug 1, I received the NOA1. On September 8, I received the NOA2 stating that my case has been approved! All in all, it only took 38 days for I-129f approved be approved.

In addition to all of the required documents in my I-129f package, I sent pictures with descriptions; some notable pictures were pictures of the actual proposal and pictures of me meeting her parents. I sent phone call logs and chats between us from January to July (1 for each month), and I sent the affidavit of support form with all required documents (2015 tax return, W2, statement of current salary from my employer, and life insurance policy). The affidavit of support form in not required with I-129f but I sent it anyway. All documents that required my fiancé's signature were signed by her; I sent a front and back copy of my birth certificate although the back of the birth certificate is blank. Do it to be safe! Finally, the overall package and presentation was well organized with a cover letter and labels. Overall, I am impressed at how fast this was processed. I hope others experience the same timely success!

Edited by Tarvaris

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Not everyone does. Maybe Brazil is receiving expedites or you lucked out.

Some people in March are still waiting possibly even January and February.

Congrats on your quick approval. Front loading doesn't necessarily mean quicker approval either.

But Congrats and good luck on the rest of the journey.

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

wow excellent ,uscis are really slow in the summer they seem to speed up around this time so im not surprised , march filers were hit hardest with slowdown this year , maybe even april and may filers

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Wow that's amazing! !! Congratulations! !!

By the way --- I never knew we had the option to send the affidavit of support form etc alon with the i129f form. .. could that possibly be the reason for such a quick approval?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

wow excellent ,uscis are really slow in the summer they seem to speed up around this time so im not surprised , march filers were hit hardest with slowdown this year , maybe even april and may filers

You can say it twice lol !

Wow that's amazing! !! Congratulations! !!

By the way --- I never knew we had the option to send the affidavit of support form etc alon with the i129f form. .. could that possibly be the reason for such a quick approval?

No reason to be quicker aproved for a document that it's not needed. ( just my personal opinion )

:ot2: Good luck for your approval and happy journey ! :P

AOS - PENDING

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

No you don't get approved faster for sending documents USCIS isn't even interested in. I bet they only look at what they have to look at and skip the rest, it'd take too much time if they looked at every unnecessary document sent in with each case.

And congratulations, OP! You should be very happy with that fast process, far from everyone is that lucky. And good luck on the rest of your journey! :thumbs:

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Tarvaris, first, congratulations by your process be fast to be approved, i am brazilian and my fioncée is the citizen, and she is there and i here. Do you know which documents to fill the first petition I-129 f she need from me? She told me about one picture of the same size of passaport picture, should i send this by mail or its really necessary?

Thanks since already

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Tarvaris, first, congratulations by your process be fast to be approved, i am brazilian and my fioncée is the citizen, and she is there and i here. Do you know which documents to fill the first petition I-129 f she need from me? She told me about one picture of the same size of passaport picture, should i send this by mail or its really necessary?

Thanks since already

Yes, the document that she needs from you is the G-325a form. She needs your information to fill it out, and a passport size photo to attach to this form. You could simply email a passport photo of yourself and she can have it develop. However, the G-325a form must be signed by you, as well as the intent to marry letter must be signed by you. Copies of these forms will not be acceptable, it needs to be dry ink; therefore, it cannot be faxed or emailed. Because of this, mailing is your only option. Finally, your passport photo must be recent (within the last six months). We simply took a photo against a white wall with our cell phones, and had it develop at a local store. My fiance and I did everything while we were together in Brazil so it was easy to get everything done quickly. I hope this helps!

Congrats. I think the fastest approval i read on VJ was 2 weeks.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.