Boiler

A beauty contest was judged by AI and the robots didn't like dark skin

49 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/sep/08/artificial-intelligence-beauty-contest-doesnt-like-black-people

The first international beauty contest judged by “machines” was supposed to use objective factors such as facial symmetry and wrinkles to identify the most attractive contestants. After Beauty.AI launched this year, roughly 6,000 people from more than 100 countries submitted photos in the hopes that artificial intelligence, supported by complex algorithms, would determine that their faces most closely resembled “human beauty”.

But when the results came in, the creators were dismayed to see that there was a glaring factor linking the winners: the robots did not like people with dark skin.

Out of 44 winners, nearly all were white, a handful were Asian, and only one had dark skin. That’s despite the fact that, although the majority of contestants were white, many people of color submitted photos, including large groups from India and Africa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

So robots are racists. What a surprise.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Is this like when Google unleashed an AI to "learn" from the internet and it started posting photos of cats? Or is it like the MSN chatbot that was turned into a holocaust supporter? Where did these robots get their input? Can't just be a facial symmetry algorithm.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Is this like when Google unleashed an AI to "learn" from the internet and it started posting photos of cats? Or is it like the MSN chatbot that was turned into a holocaust supporter? Where did these robots get their input? Can't just be a facial symmetry algorithm.

All AI starts from a human interface. IMO it's just reacting to what it's been programmed with. I'll wager there were parameters in place and the robots went off that.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Its cause whitey programmed it. Duh

U like jumping off into the deep end. Hope you got your donut.

The AI works off of the features it's programmer and wherever he gets his data from see fit. The darker features were not deemed beautiful because it is the opposite of the European standards of beauty. Straight nose, small forehead, smaller lips while darker features tend to have wider or larger noses, medium size forehead and fuller lips.

U like jumping off into the deep end. Hope you got your donut.

The AI works off of the features it's programmer and wherever he gets his data from see fit. The darker features were not deemed beautiful because it is the opposite of the European standards of beauty. Straight nose, small forehead, smaller lips while darker features tend to have wider or larger noses, medium size forehead and fuller lips.

well I was joking then I saw your husbands reply.

I knew it would be racist white mans fault in the end

well I was joking then I saw your husbands reply.

I knew it would be racist white mans fault in the end

Let me get this straight. You actually believe he believes there are racist robots, therefore you believe in racist robots?

Bwa???????????

Let me get this straight. You actually believe he believes there are racist robots, therefore you believe in racist robots?

Bwa???????????

I think he thinks that the robots only use the programming they were given and that he believes racial bias carried over into it, even though they were likely coded by Indians or Asians

I think he thinks that the robots only use the programming they were given and that he believes racial bias carried over into it, even though they were likely coded by Indians or Asians

Cause white people don't know IT or CS????? you're on the roll today!!

It depends on where they were told to pull their data from. The data has to come from a source. There are tons of info about how less attractive black people are deemed.

Edited by Janelle2002

Cause white people don't know IT or CS????? you're on the roll today!!

It depends on where they were told to pull their data from. The data has to come from a source. There are tons of info about how less attractive black people are deemed.

So you as a black woman think black people are less attractive. Thats bizzare

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/sep/08/artificial-intelligence-beauty-contest-doesnt-like-black-people

The first international beauty contest judged by “machines” was supposed to use objective factors such as facial symmetry and wrinkles to identify the most attractive contestants. After Beauty.AI launched this year, roughly 6,000 people from more than 100 countries submitted photos in the hopes that artificial intelligence, supported by complex algorithms, would determine that their faces most closely resembled “human beauty”.

But when the results came in, the creators were dismayed to see that there was a glaring factor linking the winners: the robots did not like people with dark skin.

Out of 44 winners, nearly all were white, a handful were Asian, and only one had dark skin. That’s despite the fact that, although the majority of contestants were white, many people of color submitted photos, including large groups from India and Africa.

So tell me, 6000 people over 100 countries and these are the most beautiful women?

1010.jpg?w=300&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

We are deemed this way by others, not ourselves. I did not say that.

You said there was tons of info about black people being less attractive. You did say that.

I prefer to go on a case by case basis.Bad to make generalizations .

Example our 2 black members. Not calling names but the man is haint sin Bubba on Forrest Gump side boy ugly.

The female is next level fine as frog hair

As an example ?

Ps that black chick on 90 day visa from Atlanta may be one of the most sexy women I have ever laid eyes on

Edited by Nature Boy Flair

You said there was tons of info about black people being less attractive. You did say that.

I prefer to go on a case by case basis.Bad to make generalizations .

Example our 2 black members. Not calling names but the man is haint sin Bubba on Forrest Gump side boy ugly.

The female is next level fine as frog hair

As an example ?

Ps that black chick on 90 day visa from Atlanta may be one of the most sexy women I have ever laid eyes on

Not deemed by me, but keep twisting my words like a pretzel. See the article below. Btw a black person didn't do this pathetic research.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1388313/LSE-psychologist-Satoshi-Kanazawa-claims-black-women-attractive.html

I try to stay clear of reality shows so I've never seen 90 day visa.

I'm not sure about your Forrest Gump references.i don't understand what you mean.