lostinblue

Obama disrespected on final Asia trip

97 posts in this topic

Popular before his killing spree? If he's unpopular now people are scared to say so.

I'm not measuring my stick with yours, but ur notion all like him is false, people are terrified

Funny I bet if a muslim country was killing drug addicts or dealers without due process they'd be called barbaric terrorist that need to die, all Muslims are bad, etc...

My family are all educated people. Architects, Dentists, PHD Educators. All of them and all the people I know there are all huge supporters. No one is scared unless you are a drug dealer, corrupt politician or corrupt law enforcement officer.

and speaking of Barbaric Muslims, he is also cleaning up the beheading,rapes and kidnappings in the south of Mindanao that have been run amok by Muslims.

Google Davao City. Took it from one of the most unsafe in the world to one of the safest. They now have a clean city,911 and low crime. More jobs and almost no corruption.

All you are doing is regurgitating media talking points. You don't have a clue what the people there really think

Safe bet I have been to the Philippines more than you and know a lot more Pinoy than you, including my extended family. He won by a large margin and is very popular.

He did not call him that. he said he would if Obumer questioned his drug war.

We deal with a lot of men and women from the PI here, and she's lived in an Asian country with more than a few folks from there for over a year. Just saying.

Popular before his killing spree? If he's unpopular now people are scared to say so.

I'm not measuring my stick with yours, but ur notion all like him is false, people are terrified

Funny I bet if a muslim country was killing drug addicts or dealers without due process they'd be called barbaric terrorist that need to die, all Muslims are bad, etc...

Of course.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

We deal with a lot of men and women from the PI here, and she's lived in an Asian country with more than a few folks from there for over a year. Just saying.

Of course.

News flash mister don't ever generalize because it's racist!

Not all Asian countries are the same and not all Asian people think alike

Good Grief Charlie Brown

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Violence permeates politics in the Philippines, and this goes beyond the ripple effects of Ferdinand Marcos dictatorship. Violence remains an integral part of how politics is contested, especially in the provinces of the country.

The 2009 Maguindanao massacre, in which a rival political faction killed 58 people, was the most brutal manifestation of political violence to date, but only a symptom of a larger malaise.

One of the root causes is the private armies that most regional politicians have. Beyond rhetorical calls to get rid of them, these armies have been institutionalised through the mutually beneficial relations that bind dynastic families contesting for political power in Manila and their allies in the provinces.

The violence that ensues has been normalised in the psyche of the country and its people. At least 50 people, or an average of nearly one person every two days, were killed in the lead-up to Mays presidential elections. Most Filipinos did not bat an eye.

Violence is rampant in the Philippines. It is palpable when walking in some neighbourhoods of Manila. It is ubiquitous in some parts of the country where an Islamic and a Maoist insurgency have been simmering for over three decades. And it is tangible in the easy access to weapons throughout the archipelago.

When in the Muslim-Christian divided city of Zamboanga, in the southernmost part of the archipelago, a few years back, witnessing church-goers casually put away their guns before serving coffee in their house left me a little more than uneasy. Everyone has a weapon here; it is normal, was their answer to my inquisitive look.

Violence also structures society. Poverty is deep-rooted in a system that sees extreme wealth and poverty rubbing shoulders. The pro-market policies of former President Benigno Aquino improved macroeconomic indicators but benefited the elite.

http://www.mmtimes.com/index.php/opinion/22315-the-philippines-duterte-is-product-of-a-violent-paradox-not-its-cause.html

News flash mister don't ever generalize because it's racist!

Not all Asian countries are the same and not all Asian people think alike

Good Grief Charlie Brown

Funny note is media bias because it's against ur interest but when it's against Muslims and blacks you think the media is on point.

I know educated PIs too!! Did you think I was having a convo with a junky? Lol

Violence permeates politics in the Philippines, and this goes beyond the ripple effects of Ferdinand Marcos dictatorship. Violence remains an integral part of how politics is contested, especially in the provinces of the country.

The 2009 Maguindanao massacre, in which a rival political faction killed 58 people, was the most brutal manifestation of political violence to date, but only a symptom of a larger malaise.

One of the root causes is the private armies that most regional politicians have. Beyond rhetorical calls to get rid of them, these armies have been institutionalised through the mutually beneficial relations that bind dynastic families contesting for political power in Manila and their allies in the provinces.

The violence that ensues has been normalised in the psyche of the country and its people. At least 50 people, or an average of nearly one person every two days, were killed in the lead-up to Mays presidential elections. Most Filipinos did not bat an eye.

Violence is rampant in the Philippines. It is palpable when walking in some neighbourhoods of Manila. It is ubiquitous in some parts of the country where an Islamic and a Maoist insurgency have been simmering for over three decades. And it is tangible in the easy access to weapons throughout the archipelago.

When in the Muslim-Christian divided city of Zamboanga, in the southernmost part of the archipelago, a few years back, witnessing church-goers casually put away their guns before serving coffee in their house left me a little more than uneasy. Everyone has a weapon here; it is normal, was their answer to my inquisitive look.

Violence also structures society. Poverty is deep-rooted in a system that sees extreme wealth and poverty rubbing shoulders. The pro-market policies of former President Benigno Aquino improved macroeconomic indicators but benefited the elite.

http://www.mmtimes.com/index.php/opinion/22315-the-philippines-duterte-is-product-of-a-violent-paradox-not-its-cause.html

Well I see someone that has no first hand experience in the PI. I own land there sorta

Here is Duterte uniting the Muslims

MANILA, Philippines (AP) The new Philippine president blamed U.S. intervention for the bloody conflicts in Iraq and other Middle Eastern countries in his latest criticism of Manila's closest security ally.

President Rodrigo Duterte suggested in a speech Friday that intrusive policy was to blame for attacks on U.S. soil, saying, "It is not that the Middle East is exporting terrorism to America, America imported terrorism."

"They forced their way to Iraq ... look at Iraq now, look what happened to Libya, look what happened to Syria," he told the Muslim community in southern Davao city in a ceremony marking the end of the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan. "People are being annihilated there including children."

The former Davao mayor has said he would be a leftist president who would chart a foreign policy not dependent on the United States.

He has pointed out the benefits of nurturing friendly relations with Beijing, including a Chinese offer of financing railway projects in the Philippines. The country has had frosty ties with China under Duterte's predecessor, Benigno Aquino III, who bolstered security ties with the U.S. to deter China's assertiveness in the disputed South China Sea.

https://www.yahoo.co...-122926665.html

MANILA, Philippines (AP) The new Philippine president blamed U.S. intervention for the bloody conflicts in Iraq and other Middle Eastern countries in his latest criticism of Manila's closest security ally.

President Rodrigo Duterte suggested in a speech Friday that intrusive policy was to blame for attacks on U.S. soil, saying, "It is not that the Middle East is exporting terrorism to America, America imported terrorism."

"They forced their way to Iraq ... look at Iraq now, look what happened to Libya, look what happened to Syria," he told the Muslim community in southern Davao city in a ceremony marking the end of the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan. "People are being annihilated there including children."

The former Davao mayor has said he would be a leftist president who would chart a foreign policy not dependent on the United States.

He has pointed out the benefits of nurturing friendly relations with Beijing, including a Chinese offer of financing railway projects in the Philippines. The country has had frosty ties with China under Duterte's predecessor, Benigno Aquino III, who bolstered security ties with the U.S. to deter China's assertiveness in the disputed South China Sea.

40 Muslim extremists killed by PH troops in first week of Duterte admin

http://asianjournal.com/news/40-muslim-extremists-killed-by-ph-troops-in-first-week-of-duterte-admin/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My family are all educated people. Architects, Dentists, PHD Educators. All of them and all the people I know there are all huge supporters. No one is scared unless you are a drug dealer, corrupt politician or corrupt law enforcement officer.

and speaking of Barbaric Muslims, he is also cleaning up the beheading,rapes and kidnappings in the south of Mindanao that have been run amok by Muslims.

Google Davao City. Took it from one of the most unsafe in the world to one of the safest. They now have a clean city,911 and low crime. More jobs and almost no corruption.

All you are doing is regurgitating media talking points. You don't have a clue what the people there really think

Weren't there several folks killed by Terrorist bombing on his watch this year?

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well I see someone that has no first hand experience in the PI. I own land there sorta

Sorta.

I'm not one for anecdotal evidence online. This analysis in the article is very interesting.

But hey, dumbass Duterte sure ain't doing favours for those hoping to get tourist visas to the States!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds like the Phil. has the best president that China can buy.

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Of course.

Yeah you may deal with alot of people there but the vast majority of Filipinos in Hawai are of Illocano descent which is very different than Visayan like Duterte, my wife, and Rick. He is loved by the people over in the Philippines especially the poor people which were been hit hardest by drugs and crime.

Weren't there several folks killed by Terrorist bombing on his watch this year?

Yeah 14 people killed last week by the Abu Sayaff terrorist group. He is in the process right now of finally taking them out of their stronghold province of Sulu Island. The last two presidents hardly did anything against them at all and it allowed them to stay there and grow.

Lol, I like that comment and you know we have spoken about this before as well. I own land there as well sorta.

Plenty of Filipinos in Hawaii. The ones I know despise him. People pretend to like dictators so that can keep their head, literally

The vast majority of people I know that are in the Philippines actually like him.

you know duterte irl?

i can't believe how many people defend the whole extrajudicial killing insanity and actually want that sort of thing in the us... talk about wiping your rear with the constitution and publicly loathing the american way.

I do not know him personally, but I do have family members that live in the region and the city he was mayor. They have met and spoken with him to great lengths. If you want I can show you a picture of my nephew actually meeting him after a protest in the city my nephew was covering for his newspaper.

The thing with the extrajudicial killings is that it has been happening in Davao City and some parts of the region for almost 20 years now and IT WORKS. If there is someone who is a drug pusher or thief/robber. They will come to your house and tell you to either "clean up your ways or move out of the city". If they do neither of those things then that person is killed. Do not expect the police to have any mercy for you if you try to fire at the police because they will not have mercy for you and you WILL die. I will give you an example from a couple years ago about him and his policies in Davao. Kidnap and Ransom gangs are a big thing in other parts of the country, and this gang kidnapped a women for ransom in Manila, then a nationwide kill or apprend order was issued about the gang. They took her down to Davao City to wait for the money and the Davao City police were alerted to their presence. So they set up a sting operation for the gang when the went to pick up the money from a bank.

So they went to pick up the money from the bank and a gun fight ensued with police. When one of the kidnappers tried to surrender when he used up all of his ammo the police shot and killed him all on video. The people in the government in Metro Manila were mad and wanted charges pressed against the police officer. Duterte stepped up and said that he would cover ANY legal charges for that police officer and that "if you wanted to die, then come down to Davao". Needless to say the officer is still out and not in jail or prison.

This all comes about because the Philippines has a inept and corrupt judicial system. Where only the richest and corrupt can have any sort of "Quick Justice". There is no bail if you are not rich, you will then rot in a overcrowded jail for sometimes years before your simple case is heard in wither you are guilty or innocent. Also there are laws on the books for elderly and minors to get away scoot free of ANY sort of crimes even if they are caught red handed. So that is why the people of the philippines are happy that something is actually being done about the issue of drugs and crime. Which the drug Shabu(Meth) is very widespread in the philippines and is usually brought in by the Chinese.

Edited by cyberfx1024

I do not know him personally, but I do have family members that live in the region and the city he was mayor. They have met and spoken with him to great lengths. If you want I can show you a picture of my nephew actually meeting him after a protest in the city my nephew was covering for his newspaper.

The thing with the extrajudicial killings is that it has been happening in Davao City and some parts of the region for almost 20 years now and IT WORKS. If there is someone who is a drug pusher or thief/robber. They will come to your house and tell you to either "clean up your ways or move out of the city". If they do neither of those things then that person is killed. Do not expect the police to have any mercy for you if you try to fire at the police because they will not have mercy for you and you WILL die. I will give you an example from a couple years ago about him and his policies in Davao. Kidnap and Ransom gangs are a big thing in other parts of the country, and this gang kidnapped a women for ransom in Manila, then a nationwide kill or apprend order was issued about the gang. They took her down to Davao City to wait for the money and the Davao City police were alerted to their presence. So they set up a sting operation for the gang when the went to pick up the money from a bank.

So they went to pick up the money from the bank and a gun fight ensued with police. When one of the kidnappers tried to surrender when he used up all of his ammo the police shot and killed him all on video. The people in the government in Metro Manila were mad and wanted charges pressed against the police officer. Duterte stepped up and said that he would cover ANY legal charges for that police officer and that "if you wanted to die, then come down to Davao". Needless to say the officer is still out and not in jail or prison.

This all comes about because the Philippines has a inept and corrupt judicial system. Where only the richest and corrupt can have any sort of "Quick Justice". There is no bail if you are not rich, you will then rot in a overcrowded jail for sometimes years before your simple case is heard in wither you are guilty or innocent. Also there are laws on the books for elderly and minors to get away scoot free of ANY sort of crimes even if they are caught red handed. So that is why the people of the philippines are happy that something is actually being done about the issue of drugs and crime. Which the drug Shabu(Meth) is very widespread in the philippines and is usually brought in by the Chinese.

That exactly. Anyone with Philippines experience knows the truth