BlessingDawn

I-130 August 2016 Filers

827 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

- IR-1 will receive 10 year validity versus CR-1 will receive 2 year validity.

Problems to be aware of for CR-1

CR-1 needs to file I-751 to remove the 2 yr limit condition on the Green Card AND PROVE MARRIAGE is alive, well and a real one .....IMPORTANT ... file I-751 c. 80-90 days prior to expiry date because if you miss it, you could lose legal permanent resident status.

Sorry, I cannot edit the post above ...... A.

Lucky are those applications routed to potomac and texas service centers, it only average to a month for the noa1 to noa2 to process while the other service centers take 5 months or more.

It may be viewed here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/ir1cr1historical

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for the info!

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

A number of May filers using Nebraska have gone through NOA2 and others are "still in process" or got transferred..... read previous I-130 monthly filing threads to source information.

I think dialling in here onto VJ every week or 2-3 days hoping to get movement plays with your head more than it should. PLUS the USCIS environment for checking, taking their time is strong if the press run such stories as this:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/2x-iillegals-using-clinton-era-marriage-loophole-to-get-green-card-africans-asians-latinos-top/article/2604349

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello everyone!! This is my first time posting. I filed for my husband in August 2016. My PD is August 26th. I received my NOA1 September 6th. My paperwork was sent to Potomac Service Center.

Question 1: I changed my job this month. Does anyone know how to update my information

Question 2: I keep checking my status online but it keeps saying that the receipt number can't be found, should I be worried?

Thanks everyone!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Question 1: I changed my job this month. Does anyone know how to update my information

No need to update at all. You're not required to update your employment history beyond whatever you submitted on your G-325A at the time you filled it out. When you get to the NVC stage, you'll be filling out an affidavit of support at which time you can list your current, new job.

Question 2: I keep checking my status online but it keeps saying that the receipt number can't be found, should I be worried?

You're timeline says you received you NOA1; the receipt number listed on this document doesn't work on the website?? Might be worth calling USCIS just to clear things up.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : Potomac Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Jordan

Marriage (if applicable): 2016-08-04

I-130 Sent : 2016-08-26

I-130 NOA1 : 2016-08-29

Estimate:

There are not enough recent approvals in the timeline system to accurately approximate when your I-130 will be approved. Please see the Timeline Stats page to see recent approvals.

Does anyone know if there is a realistic time frame on this case??

We Got Approved On October 20th.

62 days from Original PD.

The PD date was August 18th

Now the hard part begin.

Thank you Lord

Wow! Congratulations!!!

You're the first that I saw being approved by Nebraska for August 2016 filers. Did you requested to expedite?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We Got Approved On October 20th.

62 days from Original PD.

The PD date was August 18th

Now the hard part begin.

Thank you Lord

Congrats!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

When you enter the # did you put the 1st three letters as well because I was having that problem until I entered those letters.

I did but I still get the same thing. I called them and they said they have my case.

No need to update at all. You're not required to update your employment history beyond whatever you submitted on your G-325A at the time you filled it out. When you get to the NVC stage, you'll be filling out an affidavit of support at which time you can list your current, new job.

You're timeline says you received you NOA1; the receipt number listed on this document doesn't work on the website?? Might be worth calling USCIS just to clear things up.

Thanks so much!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.