39 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Not sure why you put K3 visa here / it is a CR 1 you go for / no longer do they call it a K3

You may have been denied simply becasue the US citizen did not withdraw the K 1 visa application / many think this is not necessary but it is

you have 2 applications in their system / forget the K1 as you are married now / cancel the K1 by simply writing a letter to the immigraiton office handling the case

US citizen needs to wait, as others have said, and respond to the denial withdrawing the K1 at the same time

There is no K1 in play. In the various visa classes K3 still exists and sneaks through once in awhile. (0% of the time the I130 is faster and the K3 is closed because the I130 has preceded it. The CR1 is a better visa most of the time as it is cheaper and allows work on entry. The only time the K3 ( K4) is better is the fact it allows children to enter up to the age of 21. They don't have to withdraw the petition it is automatically a non issue because it requires a pending I130 ( Cr1) petition which they no longer have. They need to take a close look at where their response to the RFE was lacking and fix that in preparation to respond to denial.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-3 Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Not sure why you put K3 visa here / it is a CR 1 you go for / no longer do they call it a K3

You may have been denied simply becasue the US citizen did not withdraw the K 1 visa application / many think this is not necessary but it is

you have 2 applications in their system / forget the K1 as you are married now / cancel the K1 by simply writing a letter to the immigraiton office handling the case

US citizen needs to wait, as others have said, and respond to the denial withdrawing the K1 at the same time

No i didnt file k1 visa.. i filled i130 and i129f. i130 was denied and i129f is still saying pending. i am married to my wife i dont need to go for k1.

Filed: IR-3 Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I AM GRATEFUL TO YOU ALL I HAVE GAINED MORE WISDOM FROM YOU RESPONSES. I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED AS WE WAITING FOR THE LETTER TO ARRIVE IN OTHER TO AMELIORATE ALL OUR MISTAKES AND LAPSES . THE LETTER SHOULD COME IN ON THURSDAY OR FRIDAY. ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

No i didnt file k1 visa.. i filled i130 and i129f. i130 was denied and i129f is still saying pending. i am married to my wife i dont need to go for k1.

i-129f is k1 visa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i-129f is k1 visa

I-130 filed first + I-129f while I-130 still pending = filing in hopes of being granted a K3

Edited by B&Z

My Convoluted Story (see my profile for more details)
Jun 2009 - Met on Facebook
Mar 2010 - Visited Morocco for the first time, got engaged
Dec 30, 2011 - Wedding in Morocco (5th visit)
I-130/CR-1 (first time around)
31 Aug 2012 - Priority Date (Vermont, transferred to NBC)
31 Dec 2012 - NOA2
27Jul 2013 - Broke up/Separation (while waiting for case complete at NVC)
9 Jan 2014 - Filed for divorce in US (never completed)
4 Apr 2014 - USCIS NOIR
May 2015 - Reconciliation
Nov 2015 - Vacation together in Spain (7th in-person visit with each other)
I-130/IR-1 (second time around)
4 Feb 2016 - Priority Date
19 Apr 2016 - NOA2

17 May 2016 - NVC Case Number Assigned

31 May 2016 - Sent AOS/IV package to NVC

5 Jul 2016 - NVC Case Complete

10 Aug 2016 - Medical Exam

25 Aug 2016 - Interview - APPROVED

1 Sep 2016 - Husband picked up his visa

Husband POE'd @ IAD - 5 November

i-129f is k1 visa

It's also required for those hoping to pursue a K-3.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

K3's are dead, why do people keep filing for a K3?...... in reality it is no quicker , as the I-129 is tossed at NVC level if I recall correctly when both approved together, or has things changed since I was last here regularly in 2009?

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Timeline

People file K3's because they are still listed as a visa on the USCIS site and their explanation makes it sound like you can be together faster. Were you an expert on these things when you first thought about filing ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

People file K3's because they are still listed as a visa on the USCIS site and their explanation makes it sound like you can be together faster. Were you an expert on these things when you first thought about filing ?

Not an expert, But I did my homework before filing, I helped a lot of people here back then and was very well liked. K3 subject has been the same for years and years, not worth filing for to save time, cause it really don't save time, and cost more in the long run for AOS.

Edited by Beth & Achraf

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

K3's are dead, why do people keep filing for a K3?...... in reality it is no quicker , as the I-129 is tossed at NVC level if I recall correctly when both approved together, or has things changed since I was last here regularly in 2009?

According to nigeriabust they are still using k3 at uscis :rolleyes:

OP said can i still use 129f after 130 is denied.

NO a 129f without a 130 is a k1.

So @nigeriabust no i did not give bad advice.

Or do you suppose he can keep the 129 running being married? And bring his spouse as a fiancee??

Knowing very well one of the requierements for k1 is free to marry which if his 129 kept running its course it would be a k1 not k3 since 130 is denied :blink:

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Or do you suppose he can keep the 129 running being married? And bring his spouse as a fiancee??

Knowing very well one of the requierements for k1 is free to marry which if his 129 kept running its course it would be a k1 not k3 since 130 is denied :blink:

If you google the situation before giving any kind of wrong advice, you'll find some answers to this 'confussion'. You can file for both at the same time, so that the spouse can enter as a non-immigrant while the I-130 is pending.

Edited by stephadams

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Timeline

Where on earth did you make up such rules ?

You get married and file an I130 to chase a CR1 visa (unless you are married more than 2 years than it is a IR1) , after that you can use the form I129F to chase a K3, a visa class that years ago allowed US citizens to get their spouses here when CR1 visas took years. Just because the cr1 hit a snag doesn't change the visa class. It doesn't mean they need to be unmarried ( status counts at point of filing not after the fact ) Per the USCIS site

Eligibility

To be eligible for a K-3 nonimmigrant visa, an individual must:

• Be married to a U.S. citizen
  • Have a pending Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, filed by the U.S. citizen spouse on his or her behalf

The couple still meet bullet 1 but it is the second that is the issue now. It has nothing to do with their marital status. Apparently you have seen people that are married abroad thinking they can file as a K1 and marry in the US and are trying to apply the "no you can't" advise there to this case when it doesn't apply. You advise would make about as much sense as saying an I130 is only for married people so if you want to petition your sibling you have to marry them . Same form different visas.

We also filed an I-129F after the I-130 was received. It costs nothing except postage and 20 minutes to complete the form and who knows? There are still some K-3s that are issued each year. People become desperate during the wait for I-130 approval and if there is a chance, however slim, that you can be together quicker and it costs nothing to file, of course people are going to give it a shot.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

If you google the situation before giving any kind of wrong advice, you'll find some answers to this 'confussion'. You can file for both at the same time, so that the spouse can enter as a non-immigrant while the I-130 is pending.

I KNOW :idea: they asked can they keep one going while the other is expired..... So I GUESS YES OP Some folks Are SAYING KEEP 129 going with out the 130 good luck

Edited by Anitafeliz

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Where on earth did you make up such rules ?

You get married and file an I130 to chase a CR1 visa (unless you are married more than 2 years than it is a IR1) , after that you can use the form I129F to chase a K3, a visa class that years ago allowed US citizens to get their spouses here when CR1 visas took years. Just because the cr1 hit a snag doesn't change the visa class. It doesn't mean they need to be unmarried ( status counts at point of filing not after the fact ) Per the USCIS site

Eligibility

To be eligible for a K-3 nonimmigrant visa, an individual must:

• Be married to a U.S. citizen
  • Have a pending Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, filed by the U.S. citizen spouse on his or her behalf
The couple still meet bullet 1 but it is the second that is the issue now. It has nothing to do with their marital status. Apparently you have seen people that are married abroad thinking they can file as a K1 and marry in the US and are trying to apply the "no you can't" advise there to this case when it doesn't apply. You advise would make about as much sense as saying an I130 is only for married people so if you want to petition your sibling you have to marry them . Same form different visas.

I know 130 is for family.

IN this case its for a spouse.

THANK YOU for clarifying all your points :yes:

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.