Boo Rowe

RE: NEED INFORMATION PLEASE!!!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Afternoon! Visa Journey

I am in need of some information on how to get my in-laws which includes my mother, father and their youngest son which is my brother in-law as well here to the USA for the Christmas holiday from Jamaica. Any information that is given will be very helpful. Thanks in advance

Filed: Timeline

http://kingston.usembassy.gov/how_to_apply2.html

Apply for a tourist visa. Make sure they have every possible proof that they have ties to Jamaica and will return after the visit. There is the chance of acceptance, complete denial or partial deny/accept. It depends on the proof, the consulate officer giving the interview and so on. You will only know when they have the interview. Hint: The CO will probably think this is an attempt for the whole family to immigrate and that you could go there instead for Christmas holidays.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

They must apply for visitors visas. They must show very strong ties to home proving they will return. They must apply and be approved on their own merits and their merits alone, proving they also have their own money to finance the trip. There is absolutely nothing you can say or do to help, that includes writing a letter or saying you will fiance their trips. Nothing you send or say on their behalf will help, and in many cases can hurt Also the fact that entire family wants to travel together at the same time will work against them. Good luck.

Edited by mimolicious

Timeline

Thank you! RCripps

I have been to Jamaica for the past 2 Christmas Holiday and would love for my family to come and see how we also, celebrate the Christmas holiday

http://kingston.usembassy.gov/how_to_apply2.html

Apply for a tourist visa. Make sure they have every possible proof that they have ties to Jamaica and will return after the visit. There is the chance of acceptance, complete denial or partial deny/accept. It depends on the proof, the consulate officer giving the interview and so on. You will only know when they have the interview. Hint: The CO will probably think this is an attempt for the whole family to immigrate and that you could go there instead for Christmas holidays.

Timeline

My brother in law is 12 years so he must travel with one if not both his parents

They must apply for visitors visas. They must show very strong ties to home proving they will return. They must apply and be approved on their own merits and their merits alone, proving they also have their own money to finance the trip. There is absolutely nothing you can say or do to help, that includes writing a letter or saying you will fiance their trips. Nothing you send or say on their behalf will help, and in many cases can hurt Also the fact that entire family wants to travel together at the same time will work against them. Good luck.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They will have to apply for visitor's visas. There is an application and fee for each individual. Passport must not expire within 6 months. Although you plan for them to come for the holiday, each person will need to apply on their own merits. So everyone will have to prove return, the 12 yo will have to prove return to attend school.

JA does not look at invitation letters, I-134 or anything like that, so it is a waste of time to provide this information. Also, they need to be honest about who is paying for the trip. (We said we were paying for the trip and had no issues)

It has been successful with my family members to obtain a letter from their employer that states that they have been approved for vacation during this time period (exp. December 13 - January 12) and they are expected to return to work on January 14.

Good Luck!!!! Do not be shocked that everyone does not get approved.

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

It's very important that you start the process now. Jamaica is out of tourist Visas for now. The earliest dates for interview are currently mid to late November so I would suggest you get on it immediately if you want them to get their visas in time for Christmas! Good luck.

Edited by Keas

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

It's very important that you start the process now. Jamaica is out of tourist Visas for now. The earliest dates for interview are currently mid to late November so I would suggest you get on it immediately if you want them to get their visas in time for Christmas! Good luck.

Not totally correct... They are out of appointments for 2016.

http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/mobile/news/US-visa-rush_69688

Timeline

Not totally correct... They are out of appointments for 2016.

http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/mobile/news/US-visa-rush_69688

Thought that was fiscal year and they reset again towards the end of the year? Ah well either way they can apply and see what dates come up. If someone cancels dates open up....

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Timeline

Better submit the request now. Time is ticking away fast. Keep us posted how it goes. I'm curious as we want to get mother in law a visitors visa but I'm t sure if it will be approved since she does't work and my husband is her only child. She's got no desires to live in the USA but it looks to me like she's got no ties to go back (if I were the interviewer). But hey you gotta try, you never know.

Edited by Meant2B

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My Mother in Law was successful in obtaining a visitor's visa. She was able to prove strong ties with employment verification and property ownership. I think the less you emphasize on the family here the better. By all means be honest when they ask about family that lives in the USA, but invitation letters, letters of financial support, etc should not be used.

There are so many that do not return from visits that it is very difficult for others. Be dilligent in proving proof you will return.

Good Luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from General Immigration Discussion to the Tourist Visas forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.