single4now

live in the DC area but the application was transferred to Philly

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Has anyone experienced where the AOS application was transferred to Philadelphia and not Fairfax. When my congressman checked with USCIS they said that the file is in Philadelphia and is pending to be scheduled for an interview. We applied early October of 2015. Received EAD and AP in a timely manner, however the AOS has taken longer than normal. My wife and I have a daughter together who is a USC. Should I request the interview to be done here in Fairfax or drive the day earlier to Philadelphia for the interview, when it's scheduled? There is also a K2 whose application is along with this, so that would also mean she misses two days of school and driving with infant is so inconvenient. Thanks for the responses.

I agree it could be more of a burden to changing the appointment then it is worth. You might also schedule a infopass meeting in Fairfax to ascertain your options.

https://my.uscis.gov/appointment

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the AOS/Family-Based main forum -- OP is past the K-1 phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

We are in DC, and we just found out a couple of weeks ago that our case was being transferred to Reno, NV! We applied in June 2015 and received an interview waiver letter, though.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Those that are getting approved without interviews seem to be having their cases sent to various offices around the US. Did you receive an interview waiver letter before? I find it strange that they would transfer it somewhere else other than your local USCIS office for an interview. Maybe since you have been waiting so long, they are trying to get you an interview as soon as they can. Some local offices are more backlogged than others.

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

no, I never got a waiver letter other than an email saying that it's pending to be scheduled for an interview. The congressman's office inquired as well and that where they said it's in Philly. That's a 4 hour drive from where I live. Bet they know that as well.

no, I never got a waiver letter other than an email saying that it's pending to be scheduled for an interview. The congressman's office inquired as well and that where they said it's in Philly. That's a 4 hour drive from where I live. Bet they know that as well.

We live in North Carolina, ours was transferred to Texas and approved without interview, we didn't have a notice of interview waiver either :)

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Got a letter for an interview for this week at 7:30 am. We have a 17 month old and expecting our second. Would have being great if we had a received an interview waiver as we will need to leave the house at 5:30 am to get to the interview. With wife's morning sickness and carting a baby is going to be a challenge. Atleast glad to get this out of the way and move on with our lives.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Good luck -- keep us apprised.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

The interview went well. The IO asked a lot of a questions, basically our home address, DOB of the kids and mine and also asked me the same thing and then asked a series of questions to see if she was a communist or a murderer. Standard "no" was the answer. Thought it was pretty obvious that we live together as we have a child together and expecting our second. The IO was actually pretty pleasant and friendly and she went out of her way to make my wife feel comfortable. I think the questions being asked, is her following it by the book. At the end she said you're approved but we need a new medical as it had expired. She knew that it deflated my enthusiasm as we need to travel out of the country to see my family during Thanksgiving, however she said if we get it to her by Friday we should have the plastic in two weeks or so. Eventhough this has being one frustrating episode, given that my baby threw up twice while driving there and when we were parking the wife threw up too, I would say that the Fairfax facility is managed well and the Officers are pretty decent folks. Except for one, all of them greeted their customers with respect. Glad it's almost over and now we can live our life to the fullest.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.