summertime23

I-129f August 2016 Filers

2,153 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Lol I know right. I have been watching for a year and a half just watching the fliw before I sent ours in

Hahah yes !!! So they ask for RFE in Noa2? Right

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

well just found out my fiance's passport pic may get RFE because its smaller than the 2 by 2 in on the us travel site , but on the i 129f directions the only main requirement is the 1 inch frontal image , not sure if this is something im over stressing about or what , it seems some ppl on VJ didnt even have any issues

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

well just found out my fiance's passport pic may get RFE because its smaller than the 2 by 2 in on the us travel site , but on the i 129f directions the only main requirement is the 1 inch frontal image , not sure if this is something im over stressing about or what , it seems some ppl on VJ didnt even have any issues

The directions were not clear.. The US government site says it has to be 2 x 2 but no place on the visa application says this. You might want to have them send you 2 x 2 photos in case it is needed. I asked Walgreens to print out 2 x 2 of my fiance and they said they won't unless he was present. So he expressed shipped them and it still took 8 days. You might want to have the process already completed just in case, so it will be a quick fix.

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

Timeline

The directions were not clear.. The US government site says it has to be 2 x 2 but no place on the visa application says this. You might want to have them send you 2 x 2 photos in case it is needed. I asked Walgreens to print out 2 x 2 of my fiance and they said they won't unless he was present. So he expressed shipped them and it still took 8 days. You might want to have the process already completed just in case, so it will be a quick fix.

yeah its very vague because by uscis i129f instructions i should be fine but with the us travel website im not ,i did my own petition but i even called rapid visa just to hear what they would say nd they said " it just depends " , smh lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Don't freak out. If you got passport size photo's from Walgreen's it will be fine. They are not going to measure them precisely as long as the size from head to chin size is about one inch it will be acceptable. Is your photo the same size as hers? The regularly accept the passport standard photo's that phamacies do they tens of thousands of them. The instructions are pretty clear, If you asked for a passport photo you are golden.

1. Submit a passport-style color photograph of yourself and a passport-style color photograph of your beneficiary, with both photos taken within 30 days of the date of filing this petition.

Timeline

Don't freak out. If you got passport size photo's from Walgreen's it will be fine. They are not going to measure them precisely as long as the size from head to chin size is about one inch it will be acceptable. Is your photo the same size as hers? The regularly accept the passport standard photo's that phamacies do they tens of thousands of them. The instructions are pretty clear, If you asked for a passport photo you are golden.

1. Submit a passport-style color photograph of yourself and a passport-style color photograph of your beneficiary, with both photos taken within 30 days of the date of filing this petition.

i got my photo from fedex and its the2in by 2in but its my fiances that she got in nigeria that isnt 2in by 2in , the length is almost 2in but the width is shorter , the chin to top of the head measure is def within 1 inch tho , thanks for the relief , need it to be october already

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi all August filer..Just join VJ...I sent my file 08-06-2016

NOA1 08-08-2016

I just saw someone from August got their approval! Wow that fast. :idea:

Hopes to see my soon..

I-129F sent August 6th 2016

NOA1 Received August 8th 2016

Approved October 11th 2016

Hard Copy NOA2 Received October 17th 2016

NVC Received October 25th 2016

NVC Case Assign October 26th 2016

Left NVC October 31st

Paid Visa Fees November 1st 2016

Embassy Received November 4th 2016

Packet 3 Received November 11th 2016

Medical December 12th 2016

Interview December 21st 2016

Visa In Hand??

POE Houston ????

Hopes being together by Christmas :):)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi,

The check was cashed on 08/24/2016 and still did not get anything (noa1). No text, no email no MAIL. Is this normal?

Edited by oguzksk

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, have anyone here already got their NOA2? :rolleyes:

The waiting is killing us! :whistle:

:wub: Doug & Alexa :wub:

Met online: 05/07/15

Met in person: 05/22/15

2nd visit: 06/25/15

3rd visit: 07/02/16

Engaged: 07/15/16 (L)

Application sent: 07/29/16

NOA1: 08/01/16

NOA2: 09/09/16

Interview: 02/16/16

Arrived Portland, OR: 02/25/16

MARRIED: 03/31/16

:dance:

event.png

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I-129F sent August 6th 2016

NOA1 Received August 8th 2016

Approved October 11th 2016

Hard Copy NOA2 Received October 17th 2016

NVC Received October 25th 2016

NVC Case Assign October 26th 2016

Left NVC October 31st

Paid Visa Fees November 1st 2016

Embassy Received November 4th 2016

Packet 3 Received November 11th 2016

Medical December 12th 2016

Interview December 21st 2016

Visa In Hand??

POE Houston ????

Hopes being together by Christmas :):)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.