542 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 minute ago, TheFroggy said:

Getting crazy here...

NOA1 : July 28th

We sent an inquiry, waiting for an answer that should arrive by MID MARCH ! RIDICULOUS !

Our attorney says the only thing we can do is to wait (why are we paying her so much ?)

Plus, I just left my apartment and my job (I gave them a 3 months notice 3 months ago as they required, thinking that it would be all done by now)

It is just all getting so tiring...

I know, we are many in this situation but it fills good to just complain a little...

Girl, i know the feeling. Left my apartment and job too after Christmas, thinking it would have all been done by end of July, and now I'm crashing on my sister's couch... 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but be careful with the time they give you (obviously...). We sent the same inquiry, we were told we would hear after 2 weeks, and after 2 weeks they told us they had mailed us a response... it was a week ago and we still haven't gotten it. I just don't want you to get your hopes up. 

Also, did you contact your senator? Ours was amazing and his office was so nice. I talked to them on Thursday night, emailed back and forth with all the info and forms they needed, his assistant said she would make phone calls at the beginning of this week and get back to us asap. Hopefully that works. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, MrsRP said:

Girl, i know the feeling. Left my apartment and job too after Christmas, thinking it would have all been done by end of July, and now I'm crashing on my sister's couch... 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but be careful with the time they give you (obviously...). We sent the same inquiry, we were told we would hear after 2 weeks, and after 2 weeks they told us they had mailed us a response... it was a week ago and we still haven't gotten it. I just don't want you to get your hopes up. 

Also, did you contact your senator? Ours was amazing and his office was so nice. I talked to them on Thursday night, emailed back and forth with all the info and forms they needed, his assistant said she would make phone calls at the beginning of this week and get back to us asap. Hopefully that works. 

No we didn't... I asked my husband to but he keeps on saying our senator can't do anything and ultimately, the USCIS officer is the only person that has the capacity to do anything... I will keep on insisting and maybe will just do it myself.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, MrsRP said:

Thank you so much though for your constant support. I really appreciate and it is helping a lot.

Timeline
Just now, TheFroggy said:

No we didn't... I asked my husband to but he keeps on saying our senator can't do anything and ultimately, the USCIS officer is the only person that has the capacity to do anything... I will keep on insisting and maybe will just do it myself.

Are you married to my husband?!? ;)

I ended up doing it myself and he admitted it was a good thing to do when he saw how helpful they were. Seriously. Do it, it can't hurt. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, TheFroggy said:

Thank you so much though for your constant support. I really appreciate and it is helping a lot.

Of course. 

I don't really use this place a lot but if there's a way to send private messages, you're more than welcome to send me one!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

So I just got a text/email at 4:30 am PST that my case was updated. I logged in and see the below status only:

On February 27, 2017, we sent your case, Receipt Number LINXXXXXXX to the Department of State for visa processing. Please visit our website for general information on Consular Processing. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

So I am assuming that we were approved and our case was sent to the NVC? Its very strange to not see an approval before this. Why does the USCIS gotta be so vague?

Timeline

Approved 22nd!!  We got in letter in the mail yesterday. Never got electronic notification of the approval. 

I really think our senator request helped push this through. Our petition was approved 1 day after we were told about senatorial contact. 

I am numb.... is this really over??

Timeline
Just now, UsSwedlover said:

Approved 22nd!!  We got in letter in the mail yesterday. Never got electronic notification of the approval. 

I really think our senator request helped push this through. Our petition was approved 1 day after we were told about senatorial contact. 

Congratulations! 

2 minutes ago, UsSwedlover said:

Congrats! You will never have to wait on awful Nebraska ever again! You are free from USCIS.

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
10 minutes ago, UsSwedlover said:

Many congratulations @UsSwedlover. I know exactly how you feel right now. I felt the same way when my petition got approved 2 weeks before and left USCIS yesterday to NVC. All the very best for the next stage! Do keep us updated about it.

USCIS

07/22/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS

07/25/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center

02/14/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved (205 Days after NOA1)

02/27/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

NVC

03/03/2017: I-130 received at NVC

03/06/2017: Case number assigned

03/10/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number & DS-261 Submitted

03/10/2017: Received & Paid AOS fees

03/14/2017: Received & Paid IV fees

03/16/2017: DS-260 available & submitted, AOS and IV packets sent to NVC

03/20/2017: Scan Date

05/22/2017: Case Complete (63 Days from Scan Date)

06/02/2017: Interview Notification received

06/22/2017:Biometrics done

07/01/2017: Medical done

07/11/2017: Interview in Mumbai (And 1st Marriage anniversary)

07/13/2017: Visa Received

07/27/2017: USA Entry

Removing Condition

04/22/2019: I-751 sent early 5 days

05/20/2019: Case was return back to me

05/30/2019: I-751 Delivered to TX (2nd time)

07/25/2019: Bio-metric completed

09/19/2019: Interview, Case Approved

09/26/2019: Green Card received 😀

Timeline
3 minutes ago, amistry18 said:

Many congratulations @UsSwedlover. I know exactly how you feel right now. I felt the same way when my petition got approved 2 weeks before and left USCIS yesterday to NVC. All the very best for the next stage! Do keep us updated about it.

Mine also left the USCIS yesterday. We didnt see the approval hard copy until it arrived in the mail yesterday. (saw it after I got alerted about the petition getting sent in) They must approve them and send them over in batches. 

Edited by UsSwedlover

Just now, UsSwedlover said:

Mine also left the USCIS yesterday. We didnt see the approval until it arrived in the mail yesterday. (saw it after I got alerted about the petition getting sent in) They must approve them and send them over in batches. 

I can confirm that they send approved petitions over every 2 weeks. My petition was also sent to NVC yesterday and was approved a week ago. It looks like they do send all the petitions within a 2-week range over together, so we are all in the same batch.

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, cordoba2015 said:

I can confirm that they send approved petitions over every 2 weeks. My petition was also sent to NVC yesterday and was approved a week ago. It looks like they do send all the petitions within a 2-week range over together, so we are all in the same batch.

This is really good. Now, we all can help each other and advice each other about next stage. :)

USCIS

07/22/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS

07/25/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center

02/14/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved (205 Days after NOA1)

02/27/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

NVC

03/03/2017: I-130 received at NVC

03/06/2017: Case number assigned

03/10/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number & DS-261 Submitted

03/10/2017: Received & Paid AOS fees

03/14/2017: Received & Paid IV fees

03/16/2017: DS-260 available & submitted, AOS and IV packets sent to NVC

03/20/2017: Scan Date

05/22/2017: Case Complete (63 Days from Scan Date)

06/02/2017: Interview Notification received

06/22/2017:Biometrics done

07/01/2017: Medical done

07/11/2017: Interview in Mumbai (And 1st Marriage anniversary)

07/13/2017: Visa Received

07/27/2017: USA Entry

Removing Condition

04/22/2019: I-751 sent early 5 days

05/20/2019: Case was return back to me

05/30/2019: I-751 Delivered to TX (2nd time)

07/25/2019: Bio-metric completed

09/19/2019: Interview, Case Approved

09/26/2019: Green Card received 😀

Timeline
1 minute ago, amistry18 said:

This is really good. Now, we all can help each other and advice each other about next stage. :)

Yeah the next steps from what I gather:

we will receive some kind of notification that the NVC received our package?

Then we call to find our case number to began the online form.

Is this correct?

Timeline
25 minutes ago, UsSwedlover said:

Congratulations !

Did you receive it at your place in Sweden or at your wife or husband place in the US ?

Again, congratulations to you !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.