542 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, cake68 said:

recently received a email from USCIS on March 3rd after a service request was filed on February 2nd due to outside normal processing time.(PD July 1st)

email states... "additional review needed, case with an adjudicating officer will receive a decision or notice of further action within 60 days."

question.  does this mean 60 days from Feb. 2nd or from March 3rd?  just trying to plan the rest of my year.

Wow good luck i put in a service request also on feb2 and havent heard anything yet i even emailed nsc and nothing yet?

11 minutes ago, YuMa said:

Wow good luck i put in a service request also on feb2 and havent heard anything yet i even emailed nsc and nothing yet?

well the email was sent minutes after a call to customer service where i was told the system was down and they would give me a call back.  im fairly certain the need to close that service ticket is what prompted the auto-generated email response.

you know what is super perplexing...i front loaded my petition with the financial sponsorship forms.  yet my petition still required further review.  oh to be a fly on the wall in one of the processing centers. where the top secret immigration protocols and codes for applicants are out in the open.

3 minutes ago, cake68 said:

well the email was sent minutes after a call to customer service where i was told the system was down and they would give me a call back.  im fairly certain the need to close that service ticket is what prompted the auto-generated email response.

you know what is super perplexing...i front loaded my petition with the financial sponsorship forms.  yet my petition still required further review.  oh to be a fly on the wall in one of the processing centers. where the top secret immigration protocols and codes for applicants are out in the open.

This is crazy i just hope we all get good news soon hope everything goes well and good luck

1 hour ago, cake68 said:

recently received a email from USCIS on March 3rd after a service request was filed on February 2nd due to outside normal processing time.(PD July 1st)

email states... "additional review needed, case with an adjudicating officer will receive a decision or notice of further action within 60 days."

question.  does this mean 60 days from Feb. 2nd or from March 3rd?  just trying to plan the rest of my year.

Hi. First of all, I hope you're gonna hear something soon. Second, my PD is July 13th and I got a RFE in January and sent it right away because it was so simple. They wanted to see the original of one of the documents we submitted. They said they would send it back and they did recently. I was expecting to get the approval with the original document but I didn't and don't know what is going on. It's been 251 days since my PD and more than 40 days since my RFE sent in. I even did the inquiry and it says response to our inquiry why our case is taking longer than their processing time was sent which we haven't received. Don't know what else I can do.

now that the case has been sent to NVC what are the next steps?

ive been told to send a declaration via email but im not sure where or what i am declaring.  i have not received anything in the mail as yet.  i received an approval message from the USCIS app.

is there another thread just for NVC filers?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
1 hour ago, cake68 said:

approved.  this process is so exhausting, im almost afraid to be excited or hopeful. PD July 1st.

Congratulations!

I felt the same when we got approved, i thought it might be a mistake and we should wait more

There is a link for NVC process

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

also threads for NVC filers

20 minutes ago, NBA16 said:

Congratulations!

I felt the same when we got approved, i thought it might be a mistake and we should wait more

There is a link for NVC process

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

also threads for NVC filers

thanks so much.  feels good to know we are in this together and people, like yourself are kind enough to help.

Timeline
1 hour ago, cake68 said:

thanks so much.  feels good to know we are in this together and people, like yourself are kind enough to help.

You're welcome my friend, yes it feels good, actually I've learnt so much here :)

Has anyone received this email during their process?? Is this normal. Just want to make sure my anxiety isn't for nothing. I've been waiting for an approval since filing last July. I prayyyyyy it get approved soon. 

IMG_0687.PNG

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 3/3/2017 at 8:38 PM, YuMa said:

Just seen this

On March 2, 2017, your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number SR********NSC, was assigned to an officer for response

U received the same response after my service and it's been a month now and they still cant give me any answers I'm so frustrated with this process

Timeline
3 hours ago, MrsnMrsKing315 said:

Has anyone received this email during their process?? Is this normal. Just want to make sure my anxiety isn't for nothing. I've been waiting for an approval since filing last July. I prayyyyyy it get approved soon. 

IMG_0687.PNG

We got the same email, our case status changed to "case was sent to the department of state" and we never received approval notoficatio ,I called uscis the automative answer was "your approved or reaffirmed petition was sent to the department of state"

You can call NVC in 1-2 weeks to be sure if they received your case

Congrats

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 28/03/2017 at 7:20 AM, NBA16 said:

We got the same email, our case status changed to "case was sent to the department of state" and we never received approval notoficatio ,I called uscis the automative answer was "your approved or reaffirmed petition was sent to the department of state"

You can call NVC in 1-2 weeks to be sure if they received your case

Congrats

Congrats

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello guys. I am a little confused and need help. Got approval January 26th. Presently Gathering documents for nvc and the police clearance certificate is confusing. Have gotten mine in Nigeria.but is my husband who is a USC  required to get one as well in the U.S?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Debbie 05 said:

Hello guys. I am a little confused and need help. Got approval January 26th. Presently Gathering documents for nvc and the police clearance certificate is confusing. Have gotten mine in Nigeria.but is my husband who is a USC  required to get one as well in the U.S?

No. No police certificate is required for the US petitioner.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.