542 posts in this topic

On 05/02/2017 at 6:59 PM, RogJac said:

I thought PH processing would be fast too...  I have received nothing at all.

I have called and got the same response as all. 

When I called I requested a callback from a Supervisor, got a reference and no call so guess who I have to call back. .... but I am guessing something, see below.

20 hours ago, MrsRP said:

Does anyone know what is going on in Nebraska? 

They haven't processed any 130 in a week, estimations keep changing, August PDs are being processed before July PDs...

My husband called them and as for everyone, they said they are within the normal range blah blah call back if date is passed on USCIS website. 

It looks like a lot of PD July 28 are stuck, including mine. 

I'm going crazy! 

20 hours ago, cordoba2015 said:

188 days and still waiting... Just passed the 6 month mark for waiting at Nebraska a few days back, yesterday estimated processing date for Nebraska was August 1, (our PD is August 2), and now just when it was about to be my day, the date gets pushed back to July 26. They are jumping all over the place, leaving people from July behind and have been approving a lot of cases in August. The case 1 number before mine was randomly approved a few days ago, and a few case numbers back from my case number there is another approval and two RFEs.

I can only hope with the multiple approvals within 10 case numbers from mine that they are in the same batch as my case, and that there will be an approval for me this week. Approval range has changed to any day within the next two weeks. At this rate, each case will be at Nebraska a minimum of 200 days. Average at the moment is 195, and we just hit 188 days today.

20 hours ago, MrsRP said:

199 for me my friend...

19 hours ago, MrsMattis said:

202 days for me PD July 25th I'm so annoyed

19 hours ago, RogJac said:

210 days here :(

19 hours ago, NBA16 said:

223 days for me 

19 hours ago, YuMa said:

I know how u feel my pd july 25 and nothing and waste of time calling ?

Same here pd july 25th called and gave same response we already know??

16 hours ago, Napkin34 said:

Hi folks actually i dont get noa1 but when i checked my case on system they got my case 07/26/2016 so i think my pd date is july 26th and we are on same boath if you guys get noa2 pls share your happiness and info already we are tracking this webpage stay strong we gonna win  

I believe the Executive Order has frozen up USCIS because first a) assess the change, make a new plan and new priority for the applicants b) Executive Order reversed - go back to original workflow - add in a demoralised workforce with low motivation trying to do as best as they can and guess what, productivity and workflow slows to 25%.

As for updates on other systems, that too is affected. Would you go to work at USCIS with a spring in your step at the moment? 

Add in same issues in the FBI, other departments checking our security, overlay staffing and hiring freezes and it influences our situation.

Many of those applying in end of June, July, August were in high numbers as the "mad dash" to get in before a change of President and the election.

My timeline has dropped back a month and I am really wondering if I am doing the correct thing going through with this - only the sketches on SNL are keeping me sane! Thank you Alec Baldwin ! 

You are all before me, use the USCIS app for Android and Apple and I pray that you will have your answers and applications very soon.

Good luck ....

Filed: Timeline

hi,, i am here for little help, i apply for my parents , pd 2nd august 2016. january 29 i get update ,that is i need to send more evidence, actually they want more evidence cause of my birth year in 1987 and my birth registration in 2011. that is the point uscis noticed, they said cause of ur registration many years after u born , so u need to send more documents ,, which can prove ur relationship,actually in Bangladesh birth registration start in  year 2005.  i want to send my 5th grade certificate , 10th and 12th grade admit card and certificate , my question is, do i need to send main copy? if i send all my main copy then how i am gone get this back? do they send me back after aproval ? i dont want to send them photo copy, it could make my application denied. also if i send them my hard copy and uscis dont send it back to me then................?  now my 2nd point is, i have 2 application ,, father and mother, every documents i have , all are single copy, how i send for both in 2 different envelop?if i send both case  in same envelop then? plz help tnx

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
13 hours ago, Patient said:

I believe the Executive Order has frozen up USCIS because first a) assess the change, make a new plan and new priority for the applicants b) Executive Order reversed - go back to original workflow - add in a demoralised workforce with low motivation trying to do as best as they can and guess what, productivity and workflow slows to 25%.

As for updates on other systems, that too is affected. Would you go to work at USCIS with a spring in your step at the moment? 

Add in same issues in the FBI, other departments checking our security, overlay staffing and hiring freezes and it influences our situation.

Many of those applying in end of June, July, August were in high numbers as the "mad dash" to get in before a change of President and the election.

My timeline has dropped back a month and I am really wondering if I am doing the correct thing going through with this - only the sketches on SNL are keeping me sane! Thank you Alec Baldwin ! 

You are all before me, use the USCIS app for Android and Apple and I pray that you will have your answers and applications very soon.

Good luck ....

Yes , unfortunately I agree. It seems like 1-130's are not being approved in any sort of timely manner after the EO. Pretty disheartening, frustrating and stressful.
" I am doing the correct thing going through with this"  What do you mean by that? It's pretty much the only way to be with your SO in the USA?  

I called and they said there no information if the EO has effected the time line. I think those of us not approved before the EO are in for some bumps. I am so regretful I didn't get this filed asap.... I really did not expect this. 

Edited by UsSwedlover

53 minutes ago, UsSwedlover said:

" I am doing the correct thing going through with this"  What do you mean by that? It's pretty much the only way to be with your SO in the USA?  

- For me, recent interactions with family in the US and the EO, discussions with others, my motivation to stay in process is alot lower. I do know where I plan to live will need to be carefully considered.

The next  piece of legislation on its way down the pipe relates to: "The Reforming American Immigration for Strong Employment, or RAISE, Act" which will reduce green cards (for permanent legal residents) by limiting whom U.S. citizens can sponsor, cut diversity lottery numbers and more.

I called and they said there no information if the EO has effected the time line. I think those of us not approved before the EO are in for some bumps. I am so regretful I didn't get this filed asap.... I really did not expect this. 

Nor did I - we filed as a result of a great road trip last year for a month and repeated health scares with each parent-in-law. On my side my business is 100% mobile so just need to unplug collect a bag and re-connect. Our local Embassy gets no-one applying but we missed out on a change of their status - downgrade and not knowing we could have filed through Germany and had it all done and dusted in 3-4mths max! So another reason to be p.........d off. 

Edited by Patient

HI EVERYONE.

I have some news that might help some of you. There has been a debate going about whether or not a spouse can visit the US on a B1/B2 tourist Visa. Many people said that if you apply for a tourist Visa while your I-130 is being processed, they'll deny the tourist Visa.

Well that is not true. I was in the same boat as all of you. I figured we'd pay the fee for the B1/B2, set up the interview, and worst case scenario they'd say no. 

I sent my husband to Sydney and he brought a ton of papers to prove that he would be returning to Australia at the end of his stay in the US (that's what approval is based on). This included an employment letter, return flight ticket, etc. He said they didn't even LOOK at the paperwork. It took about 15 minutes. They said "So you're planning on returning to Australia?" When he said "yes", they approved him. He can now return to the US for I believe it's 6 months. His Visa will arrive within 10 days and he will be home in 2-3 weeks! Of course this is Australia, and every embassy is different. But I thought I would throw this out there to everyone else in the same situation. Maybe it'll help someone.

2 minutes ago, nicoleelaine said:

HI EVERYONE.

I have some news that might help some of you. There has been a debate going about whether or not a spouse can visit the US on a B1/B2 tourist Visa. Many people said that if you apply for a tourist Visa while your I-130 is being processed, they'll deny the tourist Visa.

Well that is not true. I was in the same boat as all of you. I figured we'd pay the fee for the B1/B2, set up the interview, and worst case scenario they'd say no. 

I sent my husband to Sydney and he brought a ton of papers to prove that he would be returning to Australia at the end of his stay in the US (that's what approval is based on). This included an employment letter, return flight ticket, etc. He said they didn't even LOOK at the paperwork. It took about 15 minutes. They said "So you're planning on returning to Australia?" When he said "yes", they approved him. He can now return to the US for I believe it's 6 months. His Visa will arrive within 10 days and he will be home in 2-3 weeks! Of course this is Australia, and every embassy is different. But I thought I would throw this out there to everyone else in the same situation. Maybe it'll help someone.

congratulations.

unfortunately all embassies are indeed different and certain nationals are scrutinized much harder.  my husband also interviewed for the B1 Tourist visa with lots of paperwork in and they too didnt even LOOK at the documents, however he was declined....TWICE.  took only a few minutes though.  

enjoy your visit.

looks like i will be abroad for a very long time.

1 minute ago, cake68 said:

congratulations.

unfortunately all embassies are indeed different and certain nationals are scrutinized much harder.  my husband also interviewed for the B1 Tourist visa with lots of paperwork in and they too didnt even LOOK at the documents, however he was declined....TWICE.  took only a few minutes though.  

enjoy your visit.

looks like i will be abroad for a very long time.

Yes this is true. I hate that there is so much discrimination within the immigration system. I want to clarify to everyone I don't mean to upset anyone with this news, I just thought that maybe it might help someone out there who might want to give it a try and maybe they'll get approved. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

so guys already i  have b1-b2 tourist/business visa and i can visit my wife but i have doubt maybe they wont let me in u.s. And after i have to come back all the way to my country if you have b1-b2 visa it dosent mean you can enter in usa so flight ticket is so expensive for myself almost 700$ so what is chance for entering? Do you have any idea? Should i try? And i am a muslim from turkey pls advice thanks 

nicoleelaine,

of course you mean no harm.  speaking for myself, i appreciate any and all advice/tips.  i just wished i could benefit from your experience. sigh..

5 hours ago, Napkin34 said:

so guys already i  have b1-b2 tourist/business visa and i can visit my wife but i have doubt maybe they wont let me in u.s. And after i have to come back all the way to my country if you have b1-b2 visa it dosent mean you can enter in usa so flight ticket is so expensive for myself almost 700$ so what is chance for entering? Do you have any idea? Should i try? And i am a muslim from turkey pls advice thanks 

Honestly with Trump's travel ban going on right now Muslim-majority countries, I definitely wouldn't risk it if I were you.

Edited by nicoleelaine

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 2/7/2017 at 3:19 PM, Napkin34 said:

See if you can fly through Dublin. They have US pre-clearance so if you do get denied, it won't be too long of a journey back. Also, WOW air flies from Dublin as well. I don't know what your destination is, but RT DUB-SFO ~$400 on some days. Too hell with Trump and his *&^%, meet your loved ones!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
5 hours ago, xPandax said:

istanbul i think i should stay and already it has been 198 days nothing yet from nebraska pd july 26th if they approve august filer so what they gonna with july? I cant believe this oh my god they are jumping ####### kind job?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.