k.dlg

I-751 July 2016 Filers

2,203 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 11/11/2017 at 12:56 PM, Leo7777 said:

Myself and many others have posted on here multiple times to not get lawyers or any third parties involved with this process.

No  one except  yourself will be careful enough with entering the correct info.

You all should know from your own actions as employees that you simply are not careful and  conscientious enough when you are doing work for customers, etc.

So the same applies when you are the customers.

The forms are not brain surgery or rocket science.

With all the help you can get here, no one should ever need the help of a lawyer.

That is so true..But I was more confident when I filed for AOS myself but then when it came to the renewal I just wanted to be sure that I have all that is required since I wasn't sure who do you prove your relationship to a person with no kids and no joint property.I had everything else in place but I thought a lawyer may help put it in clear words...I realised later that hiring a lawyer may also mean that there is something about your case that is a red flag so you need a lawyer to find loopholes in the system for you..

I was so upset when my lawyer said "Oh RFE's are no big deal" when it means to the applicant that your case has already caused the IO to waste his time inspite of the backlog and now he has to spend more time on it

I just sat down and printed almost 600 pages of bank statements.lease agreements,affidavit from my mother and family friends(don't need to be notarized). Also please send IRS tax transcripts when you send tax information..Anything else to them is no use.

I even bought a life insurance policy wit my husband as the beneficiary and utility bills for each year broken into each lease agreement.

What I think saved me was that I answered to the RFE like a question paper.My cover letter included what they asked for as the heading and then I went to explain if I had it or not...and if I did not have it what was the reason..

Just answer to the RFE in writing as if you would answer to the IO in person...That is a good way of looking at it as per my experience

25 minutes ago, hgulshan14 said:

That is so true..But I was more confident when I filed for AOS myself but then when it came to the renewal I just wanted to be sure that I have all that is required since I wasn't sure who do you prove your relationship to a person with no kids and no joint property.I had everything else in place but I thought a lawyer may help put it in clear words...I realised later that hiring a lawyer may also mean that there is something about your case that is a red flag so you need a lawyer to find loopholes in the system for you..

I was so upset when my lawyer said "Oh RFE's are no big deal" when it means to the applicant that your case has already caused the IO to waste his time inspite of the backlog and now he has to spend more time on it

I just sat down and printed almost 600 pages of bank statements.lease agreements,affidavit from my mother and family friends(don't need to be notarized). Also please send IRS tax transcripts when you send tax information..Anything else to them is no use.

I even bought a life insurance policy wit my husband as the beneficiary and utility bills for each year broken into each lease agreement.

What I think saved me was that I answered to the RFE like a question paper.My cover letter included what they asked for as the heading and then I went to explain if I had it or not...and if I did not have it what was the reason..

Just answer to the RFE in writing as if you would answer to the IO in person...That is a good way of looking at it as per my experience

thanks for the advise :) 

I received my new green card in the mail today. Thank you to everyone in this forum for the support along this length journey. Total duration from filing to receiving green card was 475 days. I hope things go well for those still waiting. Now onto the next journey of N400!

On 11/8/2017 at 3:24 PM, hgulshan14 said:

Has anyone received the newly designed Green Card???

The green card I received was the same (old) design as the 2 yr conditional green card.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

2014-04-07 (Day 0) Sent AOS package (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131) to Chicago Lockbox

2014-04-17 (Day 10) Received paper NOA for I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 (Dated 2014-04-15)

2014-04-21 (Day 14) Received biometrics appointment letter (Dated 2014-04-17)

2014-04-22 (Day 15) Walk-in early biometrics @ ASC Chicago South Side

2014-05-03 (Day 26) Case Status Update (I-485): Request for Evidence

2014-05-13 (Day 36) Sent RFE

2014-05-16 (Day 39) Case Status Update (I-485): Request for Evidence Response Review

2014-05-30 (Day 53) Case Status Update (I-485): Testing and Interview

2014-06-23 (Day 77) Case Status Update (I-765): Card/Document Production

2014-06-26 (Day 80) Received EAD/AP combo card in mail

2014-09-11 (Day 157) Received email/letter for interview date (14 Oct 2014)

2014-10-14 (Day 190) Interview @ USCIS Chicago Downtown field office

2014-10-15 (Day 191) Case Status Update (I-485): Card/Document Production

2014-10-22 (Day 198) Received Green Card in mail

Spoiler

Removal of Conditions

2016-07-26 (Day 0) Sent ROC package (I-751) to California Service Center

2016-07-28 (Day 2) Delivery confirmation via USPS

2016-08-01 (Day 6) NOA 1 received, with 1 year residency extension

2016-09-08 (Day 44) Submitted online case request (Biometrics notice wasn't received within 30 days)

2016-09-26 (Day 62) Biometrics appointment letter received

2016-09-26 (Day 62) Service request response received

2016-10-07 (Day 73) Biometrics appointment

2016-10-14 (Day 80) Conditional Green Card expires

2017-10-14 (Day 445) Residency extension letter expires (opted not to get I-551 passport stamp)

2017-11-03 (Day 465) Case Status Update: Card/Document Production

2017-11-08 (Day 470) Case Status Update: Card mailed out

2017-11-13 (Day 475) Received new 10 yr Green Card in mail

Citizenship

2017-12-26 (Day 0) Sent Naturalization package (N-400) to Chicago Lockbox

2017-12-27 (Day 1) Delivery confirmation via UPS

2018-01-02 (Day 7) Case accepted, routed to USCIS Harrisonburg Storage Center

2018-01-03 (Day 8) Checks cashed

2018-01-06 (Day 11) Received NOA letter (Dated 2018-01-02) and USCIS Online Access Code

2018-01-22 (Day 27) Biometrics appointment

2018-01-23 (Day 28) Interview scheduled e-notice

2018-01-27 (Day 32) Interview appointment letter received (Dated 2018-01-22)

2018-02-26 (Day 62) Interview @ USCIS Chicago Downtown field office (Approved!)

2018-03-30 (Day 99) Oath Ceremony Scheduled

2018-04-16 (Day 111) Oath Ceremony; Certificate of Naturalization Received

On 11/7/2017 at 6:40 PM, EktonSG said:

Just got a flurry of SMS messages of updates on my Case...

New Card Is Being Produced!

I have updated my timeline, please help update the list:

See you later whenever I get to file for N-400!

Congrats.....

On 11/9/2017 at 2:21 PM, krylonblue said:

Finally got my approval letter today! 6 weeks after RFE submission. 

Congrats...

On 11/9/2017 at 3:54 PM, hgulshan14 said:

Finally my journey has ended..It has been a huge relief and I just would like to thank all the contributors who have shared their experiences. I filed in July last year and my husband and I were staying at separate addresses(though we had the joint lease) but he works as a night auditor at a hotel in Upstate NY for six days a week and I work in Northern NJ with a phobia for driving(finally had got a good job after two years of unemployment and mental trauma from a slip and fall surgery).

We hired a lawyer and the case was assigned to his clerk(which I got to know later based on his Linkedin Profile) and they sent the documents only for my husband - utility bills,few bank statements,joint tax returns for two years and thats it.They just decided that it was not required to send anything that had my name on it since he was the petitioner(as per them)...I got an RFE in early July and I was so shocked at the shoddy job they had done that I decided to do it on my own.I went through VJ and found a lot of information thanks to cookiecat and others and sent an RFE response in such a manner as if I was facing an IO in an interview.I even included Google maps to show the commute for 80 miles from my Mailing address to my job and the fact that I still have a NY State ID.I received another RFE coz I forgot to sign on the response letter requesting them to revoke the G28.I included my response through email with my lawyer from the first time and sent it to prove that they had not consulted us before they sent the documents for the renewal.I got approved within a month.

My only advice from my own experience is ..DONT CONSULT A LAWYER for your renewal or AOS.They are only available to fleece your money and get you in more trouble.I have seen lawyers in forums like Avvo who scare you even when your status shows card is been produced. https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/uscis-i-751-status---new-card-is-being-produced-2267149.html

Thank you for been an integral part of my journey and been so prompt with the repsonses.I will try my best to be an active member and payback the favor....:D:D

Congrats...

I sent the RFE about a 4-5 weeks ago and have not yet heard anything back. I've been having panic attacks and anxiety that I'll get an interview. This whole process is so scary. I keep running back through my head everything I sent in and hoping that it is enough. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
9 minutes ago, PEEKABOO561 said:

I sent the RFE about a 4-5 weeks ago and have not yet heard anything back. I've been having panic attacks and anxiety that I'll get an interview. This whole process is so scary. I keep running back through my head everything I sent in and hoping that it is enough. 

I had I 751 interview in September, still waiting for their decision.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.