Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Yay! Good luck with everything!

I'm glad to see that my fiance and I aren't the only ones to do a mock questionnaire. There will be those few who think that to have to do a mock questionnaire means the two of you don't talk or know enough about each other. Quite the contrary! We talk so much and share so much and know each other so well that we've only mentioned some things just once. Then that little fact gets buried under mountains of other information we share so we have to review things haha!

Again, good luck with the interview and let us know how it goes!

We did a mock interviews over and over, despite the fact that we too talk constantly throughout the day. But there really are details that are easy to forget especially with nerves. Precisely because you might forget certain details you only heard once. It might seem obvious but a simple question they could ask him is about my parents. In theory this should be easy, right? My father and I don't speak but my fiancé wanted to make sure he knew his full name and where he lived, etc since I don't mention him. I think it's great to do mock interviews.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We did a mock interviews over and over, despite the fact that we too talk constantly throughout the day. But there really are details that are easy to forget especially with nerves. Precisely because you might forget certain details you only heard once. It might seem obvious but a simple question they could ask him is about my parents. In theory this should be easy, right? My father and I don't speak but my fiancé wanted to make sure he knew his full name and where he lived, etc since I don't mention him. I think it's great to do mock interviews.

Exactly! For instance the industry I work in, there's the general public's view of what happens in it, and then there's the reality of what goes on. Even though he asks me nearly every day on my way home how my projects are going and I've explained what I do, he still gets his initial perception mixed in with the details I've given him, as if, even though I've never talked about the design part of my job, he imagines I also do design. I don't. And then there's the weird definitions within my own industry of what my title is as it's different at different firms, so that's not easy for me to even know what my title is. In fact I didn't even know what it was at my current firm until I requested a letter from my employer for the upcoming interview! Haha! So yes... clarifications through mock interviews is a must for us... otherwise there could be some confusion.

~ Allison, the USC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Good luck to everyone on their upcoming interviews!!! I hope to hear of a new wave of approvals!!! Allison, let me know how the whole embassy part goes from the US Citizen side if they let you in. I am interested about that. (Keeping my fingers crossed that they let you in... would be agonizing to wait outside... )

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Visa was APPROVED!!

She video called me less than 2 hours after she arrived at the embassy. Her voice and facial expressions were kinda sad and because she called me back so quickly I assumed something terrible happened and they kicked her out. Then she shouted that she was approved!!

I supplied chat logs, photographs, tax returns, and pay stubs but they didn't look at them. The CD with the chest x-rays provided by the medical examination were returned as well. The person that checks the documents at the beginning did not even take them from her. She said the place was super empty and that the interviewer seemed like he just wanted to get it over with. She was asked the following questions:

1. Where did you guys meet?
2. What does he do for work?
3. When's the last time you guys saw each other?
4. Why did you guys decide to get married so quickly?
... and then he said she was approved.
I will be visiting her on December 18 to spend time with her and her family for the holidays and then we are flying back together on January 2nd. Excited to begin the next phase!
Spoiler

USCIS

7/20/2016 ... I-129F Petition mailed
7/27/2016 ... NOA1 (Digital)
8/01/2016 ... NOA1 (Hardcopy)
9/09/2016 ... NOA2 (Digital)

9/14/2016 ... NOA2 (Hardcopy)

NVC

9/19/2016 ... NVC received

9/21/2016 ... Case# and IIN assigned

9/22/2016 ... Petition left NVC

9/25/2016 ... "Ready"

Embassy TKY

10/03/2016 ... Packet 3 Received

10/17/2016 ... Police Records Received

10/20/2016 ... Medical Exam

11/14/2016 ... Interview (Approved)

11/17/2016 ... Visa In Hand

POE

1/02/2017 ... SFO

1/24/2017 ... Married

I-485

02/16/2017 ... I-485 Mailed ( LOST BY USPS!!! )

04/06/2017 ... I-485 Mailed again

04/21/2017 ... NoA 1

05/08/2017 ... RFE Received (Need English Translation for Birth Certificate)

05/15/2017 ... Biometrics appointment in San Francisco

05/18/2017 ... RFE Response Received

07/19/2017 ... I-485 Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/04/2017 ... I-485 Interview Date

Timeline

Exactly! For instance the industry I work in, there's the general public's view of what happens in it, and then there's the reality of what goes on. Even though he asks me nearly every day on my way home how my projects are going and I've explained what I do, he still gets his initial perception mixed in with the details I've given him, as if, even though I've never talked about the design part of my job, he imagines I also do design. I don't. And then there's the weird definitions within my own industry of what my title is as it's different at different firms, so that's not easy for me to even know what my title is. In fact I didn't even know what it was at my current firm until I requested a letter from my employer for the upcoming interview! Haha! So yes... clarifications through mock interviews is a must for us... otherwise there could be some confusion.

LOL. That's funny but it absolutely happens and it makes sense.

CONGRATS Sabozhou!!!!

Good luck to our upcoming U.K. Interviews!!

My fiancé arrives in just over 2 days, we get married in 3. This is very, very surreal. ?

Thank you guys so much. ❤️

Timeline

LOL. That's funny but it absolutely happens and it makes sense.

CONGRATS Sabozhou!!!!

Good luck to our upcoming U.K. Interviews!!

My fiancé arrives in just over 2 days, we get married in 3. This is very, very surreal. ?

Thank you guys so much. ❤️

Sabazou* sorry!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Interview in two weeks in Tokyo!

The nervous feelings are starting to kick in!

I'm sure everything will be just fine. Japan seems like an easier embassy compared to some. Good luck!

Spoiler

USCIS

7/20/2016 ... I-129F Petition mailed
7/27/2016 ... NOA1 (Digital)
8/01/2016 ... NOA1 (Hardcopy)
9/09/2016 ... NOA2 (Digital)

9/14/2016 ... NOA2 (Hardcopy)

NVC

9/19/2016 ... NVC received

9/21/2016 ... Case# and IIN assigned

9/22/2016 ... Petition left NVC

9/25/2016 ... "Ready"

Embassy TKY

10/03/2016 ... Packet 3 Received

10/17/2016 ... Police Records Received

10/20/2016 ... Medical Exam

11/14/2016 ... Interview (Approved)

11/17/2016 ... Visa In Hand

POE

1/02/2017 ... SFO

1/24/2017 ... Married

I-485

02/16/2017 ... I-485 Mailed ( LOST BY USPS!!! )

04/06/2017 ... I-485 Mailed again

04/21/2017 ... NoA 1

05/08/2017 ... RFE Received (Need English Translation for Birth Certificate)

05/15/2017 ... Biometrics appointment in San Francisco

05/18/2017 ... RFE Response Received

07/19/2017 ... I-485 Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/04/2017 ... I-485 Interview Date

Timeline

143 days and still no NA02 anyone else still waiting

Wow! I am so sorry you're still waiting! If you haven't heard from them after 5 months (which should roughly be in 7 days), then you may contact the USCIS and request the status of your petition. I believe when you call, you'll automatically speak with a Tier 1 officer who will only tell you very basic, general information, so you may want to ask for a Tier 2 officer. HOWEVER, there may be others in this forum who have made calls to the USCIS and can give you better info. This is just what I've gleaned from reading other posts on VJ. I will say that from what I've seen elsewhere on VJ, as long as your petition isn't lost (which it isn't necessarily), then they may only tell you regardless of who you speak to that your petition is under normal processing times. And I'm sorry to say in those cases that it just seems to take longer for some mysterious (to us) reason, but it will come. But yes, begin calling and request the status next week. Good luck!

~ Allison, the USC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sometimes I really hate the waiting game that comes with this. My fiancé dropped off the one document we needed and his passport on Thursday, Nov 10th, when Aramex opened at 7am GMT. But our case hasn't been updated since the day after his interview, Nov 8th. We were really hoping he'd be here for Thanksgiving but it's looking less and less likely. I did email the embassy to confirm they have received the documents and they emailed back yesterday morning that they had, but still no movement on the case.

Timeline

Tomorrow is the day! :energy:

In a few hours I hop on a plane and head to England! Robert is already asleep so he can wake up at 2am. I arrive at 7:15am (supposedly... we'll see how many times the pilot is forced to circle Heathrow), then it's a mad dash to the embassy! Well, it may not be a mad dash... a nice leisurely dash haha!

I'm so nervous but mostly excited!

And Ceisenbruch, if I see Alex (I believe that's your fiance's name...), and everyone has time, etc, then yes, we will get a selfie, BUT they don't allow photography inside the Embassy, so it'll have to happen outside somewhere... maybe next to the Ronald Reagan statue which is outside apparently. Ha! If I even remember. It's going to be one crazy day.

I'll post an update Friday most likely. But omg, our interview date is finally here! Yay!

~ Allison, the USC

Timeline

Tomorrow is the day! :energy:

In a few hours I hop on a plane and head to England! Robert is already asleep so he can wake up at 2am. I arrive at 7:15am (supposedly... we'll see how many times the pilot is forced to circle Heathrow), then it's a mad dash to the embassy! Well, it may not be a mad dash... a nice leisurely dash haha!

I'm so nervous but mostly excited!

And Ceisenbruch, if I see Alex (I believe that's your fiance's name...), and everyone has time, etc, then yes, we will get a selfie, BUT they don't allow photography inside the Embassy, so it'll have to happen outside somewhere... maybe next to the Ronald Reagan statue which is outside apparently. Ha! If I even remember. It's going to be one crazy day.

I'll post an update Friday most likely. But omg, our interview date is finally here! Yay!

I can't believe you're flying out today!! What a long trip, but totally worth it :) We did our mock interview yesterday. I was hoping Alex could stay with his mom in London tonight, but he's just going to commute in tomorrow morning. I can't believe it's finally here either!!! :ooo i'm going to be a wreck in 17 hours, hahaha.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

143 days and still no NA02 anyone else still waiting

Tajj don't feel alone. You're not the only one waiting, I'm with you (currently 139 days). Nothing to do but wait. Good luck and I hope that you're approved soon.

Has anyone else had trouble paying for the visa fee online? I'm trying to pay online with a credit card but it keeps taking me back to the message about non refundable fees. When I click the confirm button it tells me to choose between Australia post or a credit card to pay. Clicking on either option only takes me back to the nonrefundable fees message! It's on a loop... I can't figure it out. Any ideas on what's going on?

• I-129F mailed : 07/23/2016

NOA1: 07/29/2016

Hardcopy of NOA1: 08/08/2016

RFE: 09/16/2016

RFE reply received: 10/03/2016

NOA2: 10/12/2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.