Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey July filers, I got to Ethiopia on Thursday, October 20, in time to prepare for my fiancée's visa interview. The network is currently shut down and the only way to use internet is paid wifi at some hotels. I am happy to report that she was interview this afternoon and she was APPROVED!!! I can now sleep? Will be here till second week of December as she has to finalize her national service with the government in November and get her medical license and other documentations. World of advice is stick to what you know about your U.S. Petitioner as some consular officers love to say things that may not be correct and watch to see if you agree with them (example- your fiancé has a child right? And when you say "No", they say, Are you sure?) Well,I wish you all thesame joy I am feeling now. Thanks for all the support here. Will catch up when I have Internet access. Date at POE- 12/09; Wedding - 1717 ?

Congratulations!!!!

~ Allison, the USC

Timeline

Hi

Can someone please clarify the I-134 form affidavit of support

My fiancé has a co sponsor and they have a total of 3 in their household.

The figure needed to qualify for the poverty line is $25,200 which is 125%

It just seems high because if it's a single person as a co sponsor they need to earn $8,400

Can someone clarify as the more I read the more confusing it gets

Thank you in advance

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi

Can someone please clarify the I-134 form affidavit of support

My fiancé has a co sponsor and they have a total of 3 in their household.

The figure needed to qualify for the poverty line is $25,200 which is 125%

It just seems high because if it's a single person as a co sponsor they need to earn $8,400

Can someone clarify as the more I read the more confusing it gets

Thank you in advance

If you have a co-sponsor for the Affidavit of Support that means together you would need to make $26,000 or more per year. That would be an equal $13,000 each per year or any other kind of split.

Honestly, for a single person this breaks down to about $13 an hour at a normal 40 hours a week.

October 20th -Visa Issued!

October 25th -Visa In Hand!!

October 30th -Flight to USA!!!

He will be here in 5 days.

Wooo! We are beyond excited!

July 13th 2016 -Sent I-129F                                  Nov 07th 2016 -Applied for SSN
July 20th 2016 -NOA 1                                           Nov 12th 2016 -Received SSN in Mail
Sep 02nd 2016 -NOA 2                                          Jan 17th 2017 -Wedding
Sep 14th 2016 -Arrived at NVC                              Jan 23rd 2017 -Sent I-485, I-765, I-131
Sep 19th 2016 -Departed from NVC                      Jan 27th 2017 -NOA 1
Sep 21st 2016 -Arrived at Embassy                       Feb 24th 2017 -Biomentrics Appointment
Sep 23rd 2016 -Case Status: Ready                       April 27th 2017 -EAD/AP Approved!
Sep 29th 2016 -Medical                                         May 3rd 2017 -EAD/AP Combo Card In Hand

Oct 14th 2016 -Interview: Approved!                    Dec 6th 2017 -AOS Approved!

Oct 17th 2016 -Case Status: AP                            Dec 13th 2017 -Greencard In Hand

Oct 20th 2016 -Case Status: Issued

Oct 25th 2016 -Visa In Hand

Oct 30th 2016 -POE O'hare Airport

Timeline

October 20th -Visa Issued!

October 25th -Visa In Hand!!

October 30th -Flight to USA!!!

He will be here in 5 days.

Wooo! We are beyond excited!

Congratulations!!! :D !!

And 5 days for the visa to arrive, nice! Did you get the email where you had to specify what time they would drop it off, or did it just get dropped off by the courier with no email-scheduling?

I wish him a safe trip and both of you a wonderful future ahead! :energy:

~ Allison, the USC

Congratulations!!! :D !!

And 5 days for the visa to arrive, nice! Did you get the email where you had to specify what time they would drop it off, or did it just get dropped off by the courier with no email-scheduling?

I wish him a safe trip and both of you a wonderful future ahead! :energy:

Thank you!

11 days from interview.

We got an email with the tracking number yesterday.

It was scheduled already, but we 'rescheduled' just in case.

Also, they didn't ask for ID... lol.

July 13th 2016 -Sent I-129F                                  Nov 07th 2016 -Applied for SSN
July 20th 2016 -NOA 1                                           Nov 12th 2016 -Received SSN in Mail
Sep 02nd 2016 -NOA 2                                          Jan 17th 2017 -Wedding
Sep 14th 2016 -Arrived at NVC                              Jan 23rd 2017 -Sent I-485, I-765, I-131
Sep 19th 2016 -Departed from NVC                      Jan 27th 2017 -NOA 1
Sep 21st 2016 -Arrived at Embassy                       Feb 24th 2017 -Biomentrics Appointment
Sep 23rd 2016 -Case Status: Ready                       April 27th 2017 -EAD/AP Approved!
Sep 29th 2016 -Medical                                         May 3rd 2017 -EAD/AP Combo Card In Hand

Oct 14th 2016 -Interview: Approved!                    Dec 6th 2017 -AOS Approved!

Oct 17th 2016 -Case Status: AP                            Dec 13th 2017 -Greencard In Hand

Oct 20th 2016 -Case Status: Issued

Oct 25th 2016 -Visa In Hand

Oct 30th 2016 -POE O'hare Airport

Timeline

Thank you!

11 days from interview.

We got an email with the tracking number yesterday.

It was scheduled already, but we 'rescheduled' just in case.

Also, they didn't ask for ID... lol.

Ah, that's right, the weekend hitting right after your Friday interview. Okie dokie. Thanks for the info!

yaaaaay!

~ Allison, the USC

Timeline

Thank you so much Kat!!! :star:

The embassy either emails or mails a notice to your fiance with next steps. If you don't receive it you can still do everything you need to do with having the case number in hand. Follow the below links and steps to get rolling on your interview and medical. (Make sure you have your police certificates BEFORE your medical, they check these for drug problems)

Your beneficiary will fill out the DS 160. The information can be found here on the embassy's website below.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

All the info on scheduling the medical including the cost and how to schedule the medical is on this link:

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/medical-examination/

This is the link you follow in order to fill out the DS 160 that is used for all K-1 Visa applicants

https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ (From the drop down select England, London. I have no idea why this is the ONLY part that doesn't reference the UK in the process)

This is the link to the applicant readiness form which is filled out after you schedule your medical and after you fill out the DS 160.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/notification-of-applicant-readiness-form/

Your beneficiary uses the link below to schedule their interview after the above 4 things are done

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv

The link above is where you will also pay the $265 fee for the visa itself once you schedule your interview. It should also forward you to the courier website after you pay your fee and schedule your interview. Thankfully its a one stop shop kind of link!

This is ALL UK specific!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

We have been approved! The visa should be in hand in a few days. I have been stuck at work so I havent been able to keep up with the posts as much as I would've liked. I appreciate the support and generosity of information you've all shared here. I hope we all get through this together, despite any setbacks.

Congrats Tieary, HabeshaLove and Laurel!!!

If it's one thing I know as an American is that most government employees will do the bare minimum. This is why we have to be proactive like calling the NVC, checking to see if your visa has arrived. Not so much out of impatience but to prepare us to deal with the dreaded social security office, DMV, etc, later on, lol. Well done on that, Laurel. I'm relieved you guys got the visa in hand!

Good luck to everyone!!!

Next for us is trying to find out the fastest way to get an Employment authorization document and advanced parole (EAD and AP) after he enters and we marry. :P

Edited by tortugarouge

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

OMG!!! So much good news today!!! Congrats to everyone!!! I am so glad everyone will be together for the holidays!!!! This so such great news!!! Keep it coming everyone!!!

Also, just checked out case status and it is FINALLY in transit to London!!!! Thank you again for all the positive vibes and prayers!!! Now we can really get everything scheduled!!! So excited right now!!!!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Timeline

We have been approved! The visa should be in hand in a few days. I have been stuck at work so I havent been able to keep up with the posts as much as I would've liked. I appreciate the support and generosity of information you've all shared here. I hope we all get through this together, despite any setbacks.

Congrats Tieary, HabeshaLove and Laurel!!!

If it's one thing I know as an American is that most government employees will do the bare minimum. This is why we have to be proactive like calling the NVC, checking to see if your visa has arrived. Not so much out of impatience but to prepare us to deal with the dreaded social security office, DMV, etc, later on, lol. Well done on that, Laurel. I'm relieved you guys got the visa in hand!

Good luck to everyone!!!

Next for us is trying to find out the fastest way to get an Employment authorization document and advanced parole (EAD and AP) after he enters and we marry. :P

Tortugaaaaaa!!!!!!! :idea:

Tasha

Timeline

On my way to the London Embassy now... only a 3.5hour train ride and so early! (6:41 left the station).

So happy for everyone so far! Fingers crossed we all get there soon!

Xx

Edited by JustKath84

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.