Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We are almost twins ha :) mines 7th July NOA1 and UK.......and nothing here yet! Fingers crossed!

Just in preparation, I have applied for my police certificate as it takes 10 working days here. Sent off for it on Thursday last week....gave me something to do to take my mind of no NOA2 :)

NOA1 twins! haha!

In regards to the police certificates, I had read here on VJ that it could take 40 days to receive the police certificate in the UK, so my fiance requested it at the end of July. I believe he received an email or a letter stating that they had begun processing it, and it's at that time the 10 day countdown begins. All in all, it wasn't 40 days, but it was around 20 or 25.

Good luck and here's to us receiving our NOA2s this week!!! :D

~ Allison, the USC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

LilAus, you got your case number from NVC about 2 weeks after your NOA2? I'm waiting to call NVC tomorrow which will be week 2 from our NOA2 date.

6/25  Engagement day on the Nile River in Zamalak Cairo, Egypt 

K1 Petition:

7/5 Sent

7/6 Received

7/8 NOA 1

8/24 NOA 2

9/9 Received at NVC

9/13 Received case number for Embassy

9/18 Embassy received our approved k1 petition and emailed Packet 3 to us.

10/1 Mailed out Packet 3

10/3 Embassy Received Packet 3

10/4 Received Email from Embassy & Case # downloaded & ready to pay visa fee!

10/24 Interview

10/24 Visa Approved!

10/27 Visa Issued!

11/3 Visa in Hand!

12/7 Entry to Houston, Texas

12/16 Wedding Day!!! 

AOS

1/17 Filed AOS

1/24 NOA

2/13 Biometrics

2/17 AOS is ready to be scheduled for interview.  AOS, EAD & AP pending approval. 

4/21 EAD/AP Approved!

4/29 EAD/AP Card in hand! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

With the case number from NVC you put it into a website to track it I do believe

6/25  Engagement day on the Nile River in Zamalak Cairo, Egypt 

K1 Petition:

7/5 Sent

7/6 Received

7/8 NOA 1

8/24 NOA 2

9/9 Received at NVC

9/13 Received case number for Embassy

9/18 Embassy received our approved k1 petition and emailed Packet 3 to us.

10/1 Mailed out Packet 3

10/3 Embassy Received Packet 3

10/4 Received Email from Embassy & Case # downloaded & ready to pay visa fee!

10/24 Interview

10/24 Visa Approved!

10/27 Visa Issued!

11/3 Visa in Hand!

12/7 Entry to Houston, Texas

12/16 Wedding Day!!! 

AOS

1/17 Filed AOS

1/24 NOA

2/13 Biometrics

2/17 AOS is ready to be scheduled for interview.  AOS, EAD & AP pending approval. 

4/21 EAD/AP Approved!

4/29 EAD/AP Card in hand! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

How were you notified of your case number and what do you do with that number?

We were ringing the NVC early to try and get our case number before the petition left for Australia. They say it can take up to 6 weeks but its rare it takes that long for them to get it.

The case number can be used to book the medical before hand, so that everything is ready for whenever you get your interview.

Its not vital to have the number so early, but some couples find it easier to keep things moving and stay one step ahead of the process.

LilAus, you got your case number from NVC about 2 weeks after your NOA2? I'm waiting to call NVC tomorrow which will be week 2 from our NOA2 date.

Correct :) I have a feeling they received the petition on Friday. I called Friday morning and they had nothing so I would say it arrived just after I called.

K1 Process
28/6/2016 - I129-F sent
6/7/2016 - NOA 1 text
13/7/2016 - NOA1 Hardcopy
22/8/2016 - NOA2
6/9/2016 - NVC Case number received
20/9/2016 - Medical
27/9/2016 - Interview (Approved)
1/10/2016 - Visa in hand

19/1/2017 - POE
?/?/2017 - Married

AOS Process

Timeline

Congrats yall

Tasha this week might be your week

Hehehehe....

Aw, can't wait! i get our NOA2 and run to the airport to fly to see my darling, can't wait!

But first I jump all around the house, dance and call him saying he should jump too, lol

Tasha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Good morning everyone.. it's a new week! Hope we hear from all those waiting for those NOA2s. Also eager to hear how everyone is doing that already received them! Got the RFE response in the mail today.

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/13 - Notice received RFE reply

9/19 - NOA 2

10/12 - Called NVC & Received Case Number, Case Ready at Embassy

10/17 - Received NVC Case Number Letter in mail

12/2 - Interview (Denial, 221g issued asking more relationship proof)

12/8 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

12/16 - passport returned to fiance in mail with 2nd 221g letter

12/23 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/27, 12/28, 12/29 Date updated on case

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Timeline

Since we got the update of our NOA2, I am not really sure what else I should be doing. I have already completed the 1-134 along with Tax returns and Employer letter, updated letter of intent, updated ongoing relationship proofs.

Does anyone know if there's anything else we should be doing but wait for hard copy NOA2? My fiance says it takes 1-2 days to get the police clearance certificate in India but he cannot get it unless the Visa application is completed. Also the medical seems to be tricky for us too. He lives in Bangalore, but the only approve doctors for the Delhi consulate are in Delhi or Punjab. I am wondering if we should get medical, and interview all scheduled within the same 2 weeks. If not, he would have to go back and forth and that's expensive.

K1 

02/03/16, we met

06/18/16 engaged, I traveled to India and loved it!

07/15/16 I mailed i129F with money order

07/20/16 text receipt from USCIS received (NOA1)

09/01/16 NOA2 via online USCIS website check

09/06/16 NOA2 Official Letter received (I-797)

09/15/16 NVC Recieved file from USCIS...Called NVC and got case #

09/30/16 Fiance received letter from Embassy

10/17/16 Fiance's medical

10/24/16 medical will be ready for pickup

11/04/16 Biometrics

11/07/16 Interview Day ... Visa APPROVED :D

11/17/16 Visa received

11/25/16 POE, New York

12/24/16 Married (L)

AOS

02/07/17 Filed AOS

02/13/17 Text notification 1-797 soon to be mailed 

03/10/17 Biometrics appt letter recv'd

03/22/17 Bio Appt completed

Timeline

Since we got the update of our NOA2, I am not really sure what else I should be doing. I have already completed the 1-134 along with Tax returns and Employer letter, updated letter of intent, updated ongoing relationship proofs.

Does anyone know if there's anything else we should be doing but wait for hard copy NOA2? My fiance says it takes 1-2 days to get the police clearance certificate in India but he cannot get it unless the Visa application is completed. Also the medical seems to be tricky for us too. He lives in Bangalore, but the only approve doctors for the Delhi consulate are in Delhi or Punjab. I am wondering if we should get medical, and interview all scheduled within the same 2 weeks. If not, he would have to go back and forth and that's expensive.

Hi Poubon, There isn't much else you have to do and I would wait for the medical because it HAS to be within a certain number of days of the interview (I think it is 30) My fiance is from india.. we did this all last year and got approved, but he had to return to india for a family emergency so we are doing it all over again.. He did the interview in Mumbai. He is from Chennai. There should be a doctor in every city.. he did his medical by an approved doctor in Chennai. I believe once we filled out the K1 application online we were given the exact doctor and location we could get the medical from in his city. He won't have to travel to Delhi or Punjab.

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/19 - NOA 2

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Timeline

Hi Poubon, There isn't much else you have to do and I would wait for the medical because it HAS to be within a certain number of days of the interview (I think it is 30) My fiance is from india.. we did this all last year and got approved, but he had to return to india for a family emergency so we are doing it all over again.. He did the interview in Mumbai. He is from Chennai. There should be a doctor in every city.. he did his medical by an approved doctor in Chennai. I believe once we filled out the K1 application online we were given the exact doctor and location we could get the medical from in his city. He won't have to travel to Delhi or Punjab.

Also, Poubon, regarding the Police clearance. It takes 1-2 days in India if he is applying for the clearance in the place his passport was issued - the place he is from. If his hometown in Bangalore then it will be 1-2 days. If not, it will be 1 month. We ran into this problem. My fiance lives in Chennai, but is from Coimbatore. He had to go to Coimbatore, where is passport was issued, to get the police report in one day. Chennai said it would take 1 month. FYI...

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/19 - NOA 2

1/26 POE Seattle

Timeline

Also, Poubon, regarding the Police clearance. It takes 1-2 days in India if he is applying for the clearance in the place his passport was issued - the place he is from. If his hometown in Bangalore then it will be 1-2 days. If not, it will be 1 month. We ran into this problem. My fiance lives in Chennai, but is from Coimbatore. He had to go to Coimbatore, where is passport was issued, to get the police report in one day. Chennai said it would take 1 month. FYI...

Wow thanks so much for this CRamak! Awesome to know all of this. I am glad that he can choose a doctor in Bangalore. Because he was stressing out about traveling. I will have to ask him where his passport was issued. I think he said Bangalore but this will be good to check. Hope all goes well for you guys this time around ;) .

K1 

02/03/16, we met

06/18/16 engaged, I traveled to India and loved it!

07/15/16 I mailed i129F with money order

07/20/16 text receipt from USCIS received (NOA1)

09/01/16 NOA2 via online USCIS website check

09/06/16 NOA2 Official Letter received (I-797)

09/15/16 NVC Recieved file from USCIS...Called NVC and got case #

09/30/16 Fiance received letter from Embassy

10/17/16 Fiance's medical

10/24/16 medical will be ready for pickup

11/04/16 Biometrics

11/07/16 Interview Day ... Visa APPROVED :D

11/17/16 Visa received

11/25/16 POE, New York

12/24/16 Married (L)

AOS

02/07/17 Filed AOS

02/13/17 Text notification 1-797 soon to be mailed 

03/10/17 Biometrics appt letter recv'd

03/22/17 Bio Appt completed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.