Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have read that including things like engagement ceremony pictures can be a red flag because they will wonder if you actually got married and should be filing the Spouse Visa instead. That could not be what's happen in your case, but that is something I've read about with others.

That's a good point. I have seen discussions on VJ that sometimes the minimum proof is the best. Sometimes giving them too much proof so to say can cause problems.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I wouldnt be too worried, by the looks of it, July processing hasn't really passed July 20th so anyone (like us) with the NOA1 date after the 20th who hasn't yet been approved, I wouldn't worry too much. It will come :-) Again, its just a matter of how they separate the files.

Who knows, maybe they left the first 7 dates (1st-9th) on someones desk who is a little slower, then (10th-19th) the next on someone elses desk who is very fast, and the rest (20-30th) on someone elses desk who still has June to finish! It's coming soon, either way!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I purposely wore a black dress for my engagement party in Egypt so it wouldnt resemble a wedding dress. I didnt send tons of pages of proof like some say they send 100 pages of emails/texts & pictures. I sent about 10 pictures. Us together, us with my friends in Egypt and their names on the back. Us with his friends and co workers with their names. Us with his family and their names. Our FB status showing "engaged" with our picture of celebration and over 100 "likes/loves" on fb :D One page chat for each month we've been talking since my separation/divorce with my husband. We got approved in 47 days.

6/25  Engagement day on the Nile River in Zamalak Cairo, Egypt 

K1 Petition:

7/5 Sent

7/6 Received

7/8 NOA 1

8/24 NOA 2

9/9 Received at NVC

9/13 Received case number for Embassy

9/18 Embassy received our approved k1 petition and emailed Packet 3 to us.

10/1 Mailed out Packet 3

10/3 Embassy Received Packet 3

10/4 Received Email from Embassy & Case # downloaded & ready to pay visa fee!

10/24 Interview

10/24 Visa Approved!

10/27 Visa Issued!

11/3 Visa in Hand!

12/7 Entry to Houston, Texas

12/16 Wedding Day!!! 

AOS

1/17 Filed AOS

1/24 NOA

2/13 Biometrics

2/17 AOS is ready to be scheduled for interview.  AOS, EAD & AP pending approval. 

4/21 EAD/AP Approved!

4/29 EAD/AP Card in hand! 

Timeline

T&H2016 ... I see alot of near Houston Tx filers on VJ lately :D One day we should do a Houston VJ meet up! I went to one in 2009 and had a great time!

K1 Petition:

7/5 Sent

7/6 Received

7/8 NOA 1

8/24 NOA 2

9/9 Received at NVC

10/1 Mailed out Packet 3

10/24 Interview

10/24 Visa Approved!

10/27 Visa Issued!

11/3 Visa in Hand!

12/16 Wedding Day!!! 

AOS

1/17 Filed AOS

1/24 NOA

2/13 Biometrics

2/17 AOS is ready to be scheduled for interview.  AOS, EAD & AP pending approval. 

4/21 EAD/AP Approved!

Timeline

T&H2016 ... I see alot of near Houston Tx filers on VJ lately :D One day we should do a Houston VJ meet up! I went to one in 2009 and had a great time!

Haha that could be a good time just have to wait for some others to get their final stages done! :rolleyes:

02/03/2017 - Married 

Timeline

By the way, are yall on the VJ fb group???

K1 Petition:

7/5 Sent

7/6 Received

7/8 NOA 1

8/24 NOA 2

9/9 Received at NVC

10/1 Mailed out Packet 3

10/24 Interview

10/24 Visa Approved!

10/27 Visa Issued!

11/3 Visa in Hand!

12/16 Wedding Day!!! 

AOS

1/17 Filed AOS

1/24 NOA

2/13 Biometrics

4/21 EAD/AP Approved!

Timeline

By the way, are yall on the VJ fb group???

No but guess I need to get into that :yes:

02/03/2017 - Married 

Timeline

That's a good point. I have seen discussions on VJ that sometimes the minimum proof is the best. Sometimes giving them too much proof so to say can cause problems.

Yes, small file is better, can you imagine how slows down all work files with over 100 pages? The small and precise amount it's always better

Tasha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I feel that a lot of proof could slow some down but then again a certain officer processing may look through minimums and need more, that's where the extra proof is required sometimes I guess. Everyone's story is different on their relationships, it's a guess as to what some officers want.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Thank you Jesus!!! Thank you Lord!!! We got approved ???. Here is to all of y'all waiting for approvals. I wish y'all the very very best. It's hard to wait, I know.... But be steadfast, your time is coming. I won't complain about NVC. I didn't like to hear complaints about NVC because this NOA2 is the hardest wait and there are people waiting longer and there are people who are doing this for the second time. They are the ones who get to complain about NOA2. So I hope no more NVC complaints as it just brings down morale especially when you got approved already. Good luck Tasha, CRamak and all waiting. Wish you all the very best.

Timeline

Thank you Jesus!!! Thank you Lord!!! We got approved ???. Here is to all of y'all waiting for approvals. I wish y'all the very very best. It's hard to wait, I know.... But be steadfast, your time is coming. I won't complain about NVC. I didn't like to hear complaints about NVC because this NOA2 is the hardest wait and there are people waiting longer and there are people who are doing this for the second time. They are the ones who get to complain about NOA2. So I hope no more NVC complaints as it just brings down morale especially when you got approved already. Good luck Tasha, CRamak and all waiting. Wish you all the very best.

Yay!!! Habesha Love! I am so happy for you!!! Now everything will go smooth and fast. Thank you so much for your nice words and all good wishes, sure it helps, I do believe in a good will and good luck giving and receiving.

This place is fulfilled of love, it's such a great chat, we all having this great feeling! Of course, all of us will be approved, all of us who have real love and waiting to be together, I do wish to all the fastest approval and visa in hand.

Nabesha Love, I am so happy for you now as it was myself getting the NOA2 approval

Tasha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Habesha so so so happy for you!! HUGE congratulations. Wishing you the all good luck for everything else to go smoothly... keep up posted about the interview and arrival in the U.S.! Thank you for your support and for thinking of us. I am so happy to see couples on their way to being together.. what a fun forum to be a part of... YAY!!

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/13 - Notice received RFE reply

9/19 - NOA 2

10/12 - Called NVC & Received Case Number, Case Ready at Embassy

10/17 - Received NVC Case Number Letter in mail

12/2 - Interview (Denial, 221g issued asking more relationship proof)

12/8 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

12/16 - passport returned to fiance in mail with 2nd 221g letter

12/23 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/27, 12/28, 12/29 Date updated on case

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Yay!!! Habesha Love! I am so happy for you!!! Now everything will go smooth and fast. Thank you so much for your nice words and all good wishes, sure it helps, I do believe in a good will and good luck giving and receiving.

This place is fulfilled of love, it's such a great chat, we all having this great feeling! Of course, all of us will be approved, all of us who have real love and waiting to be together, I do wish to all the fastest approval and visa in hand.

Nabesha Love, I am so happy for you now as it was myself getting the NOA2 approval

Tasha

Thanks a bunch Tasha. I love the uplifting of everyone's spirits. ? By the way, I checked my status at 9.29 CST and it wasn't approved but I rechecked at exactly 9.30pm CST and there it was- approved! I just got a text message from the government also, but it was 31mins late (at 10.01pm CST). So I guess the text still comes after all. Just haven't seen an email notification which most of us also signed up for. Either way, the app and the government website works the fastest and concurrently.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.