Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Since we got our NOA 2 yesterday is there some kind of website we should be looking at next for a case number to track? either going to the NVC or when it leaves to go to Egypt?

6/25  Engagement day on the Nile River in Zamalak Cairo, Egypt 

K1 Petition:

7/5 Sent

7/6 Received

7/8 NOA 1

8/24 NOA 2

9/9 Received at NVC

9/13 Received case number for Embassy

9/18 Embassy received our approved k1 petition and emailed Packet 3 to us.

10/1 Mailed out Packet 3

10/3 Embassy Received Packet 3

10/4 Received Email from Embassy & Case # downloaded & ready to pay visa fee!

10/24 Interview

10/24 Visa Approved!

10/27 Visa Issued!

11/3 Visa in Hand!

12/7 Entry to Houston, Texas

12/16 Wedding Day!!! 

AOS

1/17 Filed AOS

1/24 NOA

2/13 Biometrics

2/17 AOS is ready to be scheduled for interview.  AOS, EAD & AP pending approval. 

4/21 EAD/AP Approved!

4/29 EAD/AP Card in hand! 

Timeline

the thing is now as they started the July processing, we all need to be ready for the next step, checking the affidavit of support, checking / reading how long does it take to get the embassy interview date in our country, how long is the police record, etc., etc. Maybe it takes some days and maybe it will be the approval tomorrow, we don't know but we need to be ready,

It's OUR MONTH NOW!!!

Tasha

Edited by EricTasha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Since we got our NOA 2 yesterday is there some kind of website we should be looking at next for a case number to track? either going to the NVC or when it leaves to go to Egypt?

This is my second time doing this.. long story.. same fiance.. we were approved the first time.. the first time we did it through an immigration lawyer.. Once we go the NOA2 we were told to wait until we received notice that it had arrived at the foreign country's consulate/embassy. For us it took only about 1 1/2 weeks. I got an email and he got a letter in the mail. From there we could go online and fill out the application and schedule the interview - and get all the other info we needed about medical report, police report, the I-134 financial affidavit form, etc. It moved pretty quickly after the NOA 2!! Happy for you. :)

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/13 - Notice received RFE reply

9/19 - NOA 2

10/12 - Called NVC & Received Case Number, Case Ready at Embassy

10/17 - Received NVC Case Number Letter in mail

12/2 - Interview (Denial, 221g issued asking more relationship proof)

12/8 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

12/16 - passport returned to fiance in mail with 2nd 221g letter

12/23 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/27, 12/28, 12/29 Date updated on case

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

This is my second time doing this.. long story.. same fiance.. we were approved the first time.. the first time we did it through an immigration lawyer.. Once we go the NOA2 we were told to wait until we received notice that it had arrived at the foreign country's consulate/embassy. For us it took only about 1 1/2 weeks. I got an email and he got a letter in the mail. From there we could go online and fill out the application and schedule the interview - and get all the other info we needed about medical report, police report, the I-134 financial affidavit form, etc. It moved pretty quickly after the NOA 2!! Happy for you. :)

Thank you!!! Best wishes to yall !

6/25  Engagement day on the Nile River in Zamalak Cairo, Egypt 

K1 Petition:

7/5 Sent

7/6 Received

7/8 NOA 1

8/24 NOA 2

9/9 Received at NVC

9/13 Received case number for Embassy

9/18 Embassy received our approved k1 petition and emailed Packet 3 to us.

10/1 Mailed out Packet 3

10/3 Embassy Received Packet 3

10/4 Received Email from Embassy & Case # downloaded & ready to pay visa fee!

10/24 Interview

10/24 Visa Approved!

10/27 Visa Issued!

11/3 Visa in Hand!

12/7 Entry to Houston, Texas

12/16 Wedding Day!!! 

AOS

1/17 Filed AOS

1/24 NOA

2/13 Biometrics

2/17 AOS is ready to be scheduled for interview.  AOS, EAD & AP pending approval. 

4/21 EAD/AP Approved!

4/29 EAD/AP Card in hand! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Noa1 recieved july 5th

NOA2 recieved august 9th

Got my case number 3 days later from Nvc

And today Fri, August 26 makes it 2 weeks since my case been approved.

They say I'll recieved something in my email from my embassy. I'm waiting impatiently to get this thing over with .

I'm getting very enxious.

But in my approval letter it says ..approval notice valid from

08/09/16 to 12/09/16 it's that mean everything will be over before that ?

This process very frustrating good luck to all of you...

I meant to say

NOA1 RECIEVED august 5th

Timeline

Noa1 recieved july 5th

NOA2 recieved august 9th

Got my case number 3 days later from Nvc

And today Fri, August 26 makes it 2 weeks since my case been approved.

They say I'll recieved something in my email from my embassy. I'm waiting impatiently to get this thing over with .

I'm getting very enxious.

But in my approval letter it says ..approval notice valid from

08/09/16 to 12/09/16 it's that mean everything will be over before that ?

This process very frustrating good luck to all of you...

I meant to say

NOA1 RECIEVED august 5th

Congrats!!!

Check your embassy online information. If they explain where to pay for visa, where to get medical, etc. follow the instructions and start, you don't need to wait for embassy letter. I hope you have the police record from all places you lived starting from the age 16, if not, get it. Now it's everything online, probably the embassy give you all the info online, schedule your interview giving yourself time for to get the police record and to pass medical exam, ask at the clinic if they have appointment tume for you, usually it takes 1 week the medical. Take photos, check your passport, etc., etc., read your embassy information here in VJ and, Welcome to America!

Tasha

Ah, don't worry about your expiration date, once you have your interview scheduled, it's extended and you go to interview process

Timeline

about no approvals or not so many, I am a web designer and a programmer, somebody mentioned the past Wednesday USCIS website was on maintenance, it's probably the online slow down, not the files processing, after the maintenance or redesigning usually not everything is done at the back end or not everything is working well and some small fixing needs to be made here and there, I think the files are processed and approved as always but the upload online is not being done as programmers are working in the back

Tasha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I got my police report ready everything is actually ready just waiting for the ambassy letter hopefully next week ..uh geez ....the wait uhm thankx again tasha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have a question, though it's possibly been answered in other posts here on VJ...

Is the USCIS Case Status online always up-to-date, or is it possible to receive the notice by mail before the online status reflects the approval?

~ Allison, the USC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

if the fiancee has a clean record, is it necessary to have a police report?

also, she attended school at a university in the US for 4 years, does she need a police report from US?

Thanks

Timeline

I have a question, though it's possibly been answered in other posts here on VJ...

Is the USCIS Case Status online always up-to-date, or is it possible to receive the notice by mail before the online status reflects the approval?

Hi Allison, I don't know if it is always up-to-date, but the last time i got the notice online about a week before it came in the mail.. fyi.

if the fiancee has a clean record, is it necessary to have a police report?

also, she attended school at a university in the US for 4 years, does she need a police report from US?

Thanks

The police report is a requirement. It needs to be from the town/city they are from.

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/19 - NOA 2

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Allison, I don't know if it is always up-to-date, but the last time i got the notice online about a week before it came in the mail.. fyi.

I understand. Thanks!! :D

~ Allison, the USC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Here is my timeline.

NOA1: July 5th

NOA2: August 25th

I encourage those of you who are still waiting. Yesterday and the day before I saw all those who had received their NOA2s, and I was like 'how can they be getting theirs already?' Now, it was my turn, and soon, it will be yours. Processing is really not taking so long right now.

Now, I wasn't prepared to receive my NOA2 yet. So, what do I do? I know there is something about calling some place? What is my NEXT step? I would love to get him there to attend my brother's wedding before we have ours :)

Met: 09/14/2013

Started Dating: 02/09/2014

Began Long Distance Relationship: 02/13/2014

I moved to Costa Rica: 01/15/2015

My parents visited and he proposed: 06/29/2016

Packet Sent: 07/01/2016

NOA1: 07/05/2016

NOA2: 08/25/2016

NVC Tracking number: 09/12/2016

Medical: 09/28/2016

Interview: 10/11/2016

POE: 10/28/2016

Wedding: 1/6/17 !!!!!

AOS and EAD Packet Sent: 1/18/17

NOA1: 1/23/17

Bio Appointment: 2/27/17

Timeline

Here is my timeline.

NOA1: July 5th

NOA2: August 25th

I encourage those of you who are still waiting. Yesterday and the day before I saw all those who had received their NOA2s, and I was like 'how can they be getting theirs already?' Now, it was my turn, and soon, it will be yours. Processing is really not taking so long right now.

Now, I wasn't prepared to receive my NOA2 yet. So, what do I do? I know there is something about calling some place? What is my NEXT step? I would love to get him there to attend my brother's wedding before we have ours :)

Now you wait.. they are sending your file to the U.S. embassy/consulate in Nicaragua. It does not take long. Maybe a couple weeks at most. Once it arrives you and your fiance will be notified by email or mail. They will give you another receipt number that you will use to fill out the visa application online and schedule your interview. And you will get all the info about Police Reports, Medical Reports, Financial Affadavit, etc that you will need.

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/19 - NOA 2

1/26 POE Seattle

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.