Sarah_Marcus

receive the green card after arrival, share your OS155A status

1,152 posts in this topic

Hello,

My husband entered Dec 17 and still hasnt received my card. We havent been able to track because there is no update on the myuscis website. Last update under case status is the case being sent to nvc and under the case detail it says case closed. All he received is his social. Anyone entered around this date and received it yet? Also any idea if theres a way he can leave the us for an urgent matter and reenter before the greencard is received?

6 hours ago, Alexa.d.123 said:

Hello,

My husband entered Dec 17 and still hasnt received my card. We havent been able to track because there is no update on the myuscis website. Last update under case status is the case being sent to nvc and under the case detail it says case closed. All he received is his social. Anyone entered around this date and received it yet? Also any idea if theres a way he can leave the us for an urgent matter and reenter before the greencard is received?

You should check the status on USICS using his new RECEPT Number mentioned on the Green Card Fee notification. Old one is closed.

Any recent updates on anyone receiving their green card ? 

I arrived 4th Jan and the border officer advised current times are about 3 months but hoping to see if people had received this earlier. 

I’ve had nothing but problems with the passport and stamp at DMV’s in California who are refusing to accept it (even though they should and their website says it too) but they just will not listen and let me do an application until I have the actual green card so I’m hoping it arrives sooner than the 3 months. 

2 hours ago, Cody LA said:

Any recent updates on anyone receiving their green card ? 

I arrived 4th Jan and the border officer advised current times are about 3 months but hoping to see if people had received this earlier. 

I’ve had nothing but problems with the passport and stamp at DMV’s in California who are refusing to accept it (even though they should and their website says it too) but they just will not listen and let me do an application until I have the actual green card so I’m hoping it arrives sooner than the 3 months. 

You should get your California Real ID first at DMV, which they cannot refuse I-551stamp on your Passport . Then you can try for DL after you get your ID.

10 minutes ago, Shaksaat said:

You should get your California Real ID first at DMV, which they cannot refuse I-551stamp on your Passport . Then you can try for DL after you get your ID.

I was trying to apply for the California Real ID and they were refusing my passport with the I-551 + stamp. I knew they should have accepted it but she was insisting I need an approved I-94 form with a foreign passport (which is not relevant for I-551). 

11 minutes ago, Cody LA said:

I was trying to apply for the California Real ID and they were refusing my passport with the I-551 + stamp. I knew they should have accepted it but she was insisting I need an approved I-94 form with a foreign passport (which is not relevant for I-551). 

Did you take printouts from relevant official sources stating you're eligible for RealID?

Did you ask for a supervisor? 

Did you try other DMV location? 

15 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Did you take printouts from relevant official sources stating you're eligible for RealID?

Did you ask for a supervisor? 

Did you try other DMV location? 

Showed them my phone with the DMV accepted documents page but still refused. 

Did not ask for supervisor. 

I might try going to another DMV this afternoon and ask for supervisor if they also refuse. 

@Shaksaat @OldUser Update: I went to a different DMV this afternoon and had no issues using my passport with I-551 stamp. Applied for driving licence and real ID. Thanks for your input. 

Still hoping the physical card comes soon though!

11 minutes ago, Cody LA said:

@Shaksaat @OldUser Update: I went to a different DMV this afternoon and had no issues using my passport with I-551 stamp. Applied for driving licence and real ID. Thanks for your input. 

Still hoping the physical card comes soon though!

Fantastic news!

It's unfortunate sometimes immigrants have to work extra hard to get what they're entitled to by law.

Did you get SSN? That may be another "fun" activity at SSA.

Edited by OldUser

19 hours ago, OldUser said:

Fantastic news!

It's unfortunate sometimes immigrants have to work extra hard to get what they're entitled to by law.

Did you get SSN? That may be another "fun" activity at SSA.

Sorted SSN and already received my number/card in the mail... To be honest that has been the most straight forward and stress free process so far. 

Driving license, state ID, opening bank account, credit card + even just getting a US phone number has been far far more difficult and it definitely was a shock to me how it's been.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.