Mftin

I-129F Supplement: Part 2, Q34a number of pages allowed?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, I just wanted to know if it is okay to have two sheets to supplement part 2, q34a on form I-129F. If so am I required to sign and date both sheets of paper? Thank you in advance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

I'm sure it's ok, but why on earth would you need that much space?

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Timeline

I'm sure it's ok, but why on earth would you need that much space?

Thanks A'n'L! I couldn't fit everything in one page because we've met and gone on so many trips together; since I lived in the Philippines for about 8 years.

Just a small bit of advice.. take it leave it, up to you :)

I'd first met my husband in 2004 (but we knew each other well before then), and by the time we filed our K1 it had been years and years worth of relationship and visits. Now, we could have went into lengthy detail about everything in our relationship.. but we narrowed it down to a small paragraph or so (some people don't even give the USCIS that). The bottom line, it only wants to know the circumstances of you meeting, not the entire length of meeting in the relationship. Maybe you could sum up briefly how you first met and then refer to when you last visited/saw each other (I think it's important for that final meeting because it discusses the requirement you met within two years of filing). But beyond that.. it isn't a requirement to give the USCIS that many pages worth of details. If that's how you want to do it, though, then I don't think it will be a problem.

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

My entire answer to that question: "We met in the summer of 2008 in London while I was studying there for the summer. We have seen each other every 3-4 months since."

It fit on the 3 lines provided in the form.

Edited by Wooderz

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Memb. Intro. to K1 Process Forum~

~At that stage of the process~

(mod hat off)

The three lines provided on the Form I-129F for question 34a, is generally sufficient for the purposes of this initial visa petition. USCIS is not interested in what happened eight years ago. To meet the conditions of this visa, you have to show that the two of have met within the last two (2) years, that is all that is necessary and sufficient. There will be ample opportunities down your immigration journey, where you can bring out the photo albums, travel itineraries, moments, write your love story, etc.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Just a small bit of advice.. take it leave it, up to you :)

I'd first met my husband in 2004 (but we knew each other well before then), and by the time we filed our K1 it had been years and years worth of relationship and visits. Now, we could have went into lengthy detail about everything in our relationship.. but we narrowed it down to a small paragraph or so (some people don't even give the USCIS that). The bottom line, it only wants to know the circumstances of you meeting, not the entire length of meeting in the relationship. Maybe you could sum up briefly how you first met and then refer to when you last visited/saw each other (I think it's important for that final meeting because it discusses the requirement you met within two years of filing). But beyond that.. it isn't a requirement to give the USCIS that many pages worth of details. If that's how you want to do it, though, then I don't think it will be a problem.

Thank you for the advice! :) Is there a specific font and font size I need to follow? I plan on using Times New Roman, font size 10... is that too small? Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm just really nervous.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks A'n'L! I couldn't fit everything in one page because we've met and gone on so many trips together; since I lived in the Philippines for about 8 years.

Not looking for your life story, just how you met ~ "we've met {date} and gone on so many trips together; since I lived in the Philippines for about 8 years, was last there {date}."

Philippines forum: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

If you really want to write a letter and add it as a supplement I recommend just writing one page not more.

Thanks! I was able to fit everything in one page using font size 10, Times New Roman. Is that okay, or do they require a bigger font size?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Thanks! I was able to fit everything in one page using font size 10, Times New Roman. Is that okay, or do they require a bigger font size?

I would recommend 11 or 12. 10 might be a bit small.

Timeline

Seriously, they provide 3 lines to answer the question because they think 3 lines is adequate. Describe in 1 sentence the date and location where you first met. In sentence 2 describe the date and location where you last saw each other. That's all you need.

The rest of your evidence tells the story of your relationship - your passport stamps, receipts, photos, etc...

Edited by Wooderz

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Seriously, they provide 3 lines to answer the question because they think 3 lines is adequate. Describe in 1 sentence the date and location where you first met. In sentence 2 describe the date and location where you last saw each other. That's all you need.

The rest of your evidence tells the story of your relationship - your passport stamps, receipts, photos, etc...

Completely fine to put in more. We wrote about 2/3 of a page. Nothing wrong with doing the bare minimum. Always a plus to front load application with more info.

Timeline

Completely fine to put in more. We wrote about 2/3 of a page. Nothing wrong with doing the bare minimum. Always a plus to front load application with more info.

Of course it's fine, in that it's allowed. But it's not necessary.

I think the OP is overthinking it.

Edited by Wooderz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.