Halalbrother

Administrative processing after interview US embassy in Cairo

1,857 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

we still have no updated either, it is sad and very ridiculous, I talked to an immigration attorney here in USA, who said he has seen embassy stick cases on the shelf and let them sit for no reason.

Timeline
On 9/26/2018 at 8:17 PM, db2016 said:

hi all, i am very fresh in my CR1, we just got approved. After it is sent to NVC what are the things we need to prepare and do?

Please check those links

they are from Dept of state website and the guide here on visa journey and they are more than enough to follow but please ask the guys here about anything you don’t get

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved.html

————————

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Timeline
On 9/27/2018 at 5:34 PM, Batool said:

Did the co after the interview gave you paper with your rights in USA ??

Excuse me, Are you asking me? 

If yes, then definitely no .. u get ur rights paper only if you are approved and I wasn’t so no

i think it is the same for those who are on AP

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello i am a f4 visa applicant had interview on 10th September the VO gave 221g white page to us requesting latest w2 form of my sponsor. Gave them at the collection center on 19th September 20th ceac status changed to adminstrative processing and then on 24th updated to ready for interview but i already had the interview and on 28th September the case was again updated. Getting a little worried can any one help with the similar experience?

Timeline
13 minutes ago, db2016 said:

do you guys recommend the US spouse attend the interview with the Egyptian spouse? Were there any benefits or cons to doing so vs. not doing so?

I always heard both opposite opinions but I think it is a good thing, it shows the relation is true that the American spouse took the effort to be with his/her spouse in Egypt and it is counted as time together anyways

I never read something bad about it from the specific person that it happened to, always just stories about others being asked and interrogated separately and such stuff

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 9/27/2018 at 6:34 PM, Batool said:

Did the co after the interview gave you paper with your rights in USA ??

I think everyone gets a flyer of sorts about "Domestic Violence" and your rights as a spouse in the U.S., BEFORE the interview. Or did you mean something else?

25 minutes ago, db2016 said:

do you guys recommend the US spouse attend the interview with the Egyptian spouse? Were there any benefits or cons to doing so vs. not doing so?

Of course, it has pros and cons.

Pros would be like the fact @Ayman taha mentioned, which is to show the seriousness of the relationship, especially if you've made several trips before. BUT know this, almost all cases are decided prior to their interview, they just make it official by trapping you somehow during the interview.

Hence, the cons of it. You can get cross-examined by the interviewer to verify your authenticity and genuineness.

In any case, if the trapping was intended, and your case was heading off a cliff, cross examination almost always occur, and you're most likely going to say something that, although said in good faith and honest, will get you in trouble.

Also, if you're only traveling to attend the interview and not to remain for a while with your spouse (say a little before the interview), you might be asked about "Why are you not getting married in Egypt?" or "Why are you not staying together in Egypt?", so be prepared for with clear cut answers that leave no room for interpretations. Also, you might be asked "Where are you staying together? Why not just live there since you can still stay together?". Questions along these lines can tell you where the direction of the interview is heading and what the interviewer really wants out of you.

However, if trapping is not intended, or the case is already going to be approved and they just want to pass the formality, expect this: you'll be asked general questions about the relationship, and sometimes they just talk directly to the U.S. spouse and tell them what they need to do (like if there're documents missing), without even looking at the Egyptian partner.

OK, so how do I know this and what makes it true? Experience. I've had several people attend interviews with all the good and bad stuff happening to them as I narrated.

Advice: attend the interview with your spouse, especially if you can afford it. At least, you will not regret not being there.

Also, don't let the interviewer ridicule you or talk down to you, if it happens. As a U.S citizen (or not), you sure have the right to ask for his supervisor (the chief counsel) and report him for his/her behavior. Do this regardless of the outcome of the case, and don't be afraid of retaliation against your case, because this will go on an official record, and they usually fear the U.S citizen suing them for it (for acting in bad faith against your case, in a case of conflict of interest, sorry some legal stuff here :) ).

Hope this helps.

3 hours ago, Super Uber said:

I think everyone gets a flyer of sorts about "Domestic Violence" and your rights as a spouse in the U.S., BEFORE the interview. Or did you mean something else?

Of course, it has pros and cons.

Pros would be like the fact @Ayman taha mentioned, which is to show the seriousness of the relationship, especially if you've made several trips before. BUT know this, almost all cases are decided prior to their interview, they just make it official by trapping you somehow during the interview.

Hence, the cons of it. You can get cross-examined by the interviewer to verify your authenticity and genuineness.

In any case, if the trapping was intended, and your case was heading off a cliff, cross examination almost always occur, and you're most likely going to say something that, although said in good faith and honest, will get you in trouble.

Also, if you're only traveling to attend the interview and not to remain for a while with your spouse (say a little before the interview), you might be asked about "Why are you not getting married in Egypt?" or "Why are you not staying together in Egypt?", so be prepared for with clear cut answers that leave no room for interpretations. Also, you might be asked "Where are you staying together? Why not just live there since you can still stay together?". Questions along these lines can tell you where the direction of the interview is heading and what the interviewer really wants out of you.

However, if trapping is not intended, or the case is already going to be approved and they just want to pass the formality, expect this: you'll be asked general questions about the relationship, and sometimes they just talk directly to the U.S. spouse and tell them what they need to do (like if there're documents missing), without even looking at the Egyptian partner.

OK, so how do I know this and what makes it true? Experience. I've had several people attend interviews with all the good and bad stuff happening to them as I narrated.

Advice: attend the interview with your spouse, especially if you can afford it. At least, you will not regret not being there.

Also, don't let the interviewer ridicule you or talk down to you, if it happens. As a U.S citizen (or not), you sure have the right to ask for his supervisor (the chief counsel) and report him for his/her behavior. Do this regardless of the outcome of the case, and don't be afraid of retaliation against your case, because this will go on an official record, and they usually fear the U.S citizen suing them for it (for acting in bad faith against your case, in a case of conflict of interest, sorry some legal stuff here :) ).

Hope this helps.

So if the cases are already decided before he interview as you said then my question is what is taking them so long to either approve or deny your case? My husband’s interview was very brief and they asked him just a few general

questions about how we met, what job I did, where we will live, and then gave him a paper to take home to fill out about his contact info, travel history, social media accounts, etc. Then they told him to email this paper back with the answers and send his passport to them. But now we have been waiting 70 days with no update in his case. My husband said he felt the interview went well and they didn’t even look at some of the papers he brought. They just looked at a few of them and gave it back to him. I thought maybe the problem in our case is that my husband is not an Egyptian citizen but has lived in Egypt since he was a boy through the UN. He was born in Iraq though. So this adds another layer to our case so maybe this is the reason it is taking so long but I do not know 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, chasity017 said:

So if the cases are already decided before he interview as you said then my question is what is taking them so long to either approve or deny your case?

It's true, I wasn't approved, nor denied. My case has been in AP for almost 2 years now.

However, there are many factors that contribute to the decision making process, consider the following:

-The Embassy is totally understaffed and this was reported times and times again, so that slows down the processing of applications.

-The interview is not the decision making factor, but paper work is: relationship evidence (of photos and communication), background checks, and possibilities of fraud (implied by the existence of red flags in the case).

-This makes the interview a mere formality in which they can collect information from you to build a "case" against you on file, and support whatever decision they've already made (to make it look good on paper, legally speaking).

-In cases where a decision cannot be made to approve or deny (the officer is hesitant for whatever reason), the case goes to another officer for additional review, adding to the already huge backlog for that officer, and the especially massive backlog, if it's a senior officer.

-They're (or were) required to process 20% or less of backlog cases each year. REMEMBER: backlog cases have the lowest priority.

-Given the current immigration-related political issues involved in decision making, and the possibility that there were changes in back scenes, that we are not aware of, it is most likely that immigration backlogs will triple (or more) in size, which causes it to go even slower than ever.

A simple search for recent news about family immigration approval rates, especially K1 visa, will tell you straight away that it has gone really really low, while a lot of people are suffering from this.

So, even though all my friends and a lot of other people have been approved, you and I are not alone in this at all. There are so many others like us that we just don't know about going through the same issues, unfortunately.

Timeline
6 hours ago, chasity017 said:

I thought maybe the problem in our case is that my husband is not an Egyptian citizen but has lived in Egypt since he was a boy through the UN. He was born in Iraq though. So this adds another layer to our case so maybe this is the reason it is taking so long but I do not know 

Oh btw, believe it or don't, if your husband was still in/applied from Iraq he would have been in the U.S. by now.

Based on several trusted sources, and anecdotal reports, the approval rate in the U.S. embassy in Iraq is high, and their backlogs are the lowest. And that's Iraq we're talking about, which is supposed to be a warzone of sorts.

And the in Egypt and Jordan, where peace mostly dominates, is one of the lowest approval rates ... Go figure ;)

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello can anyone tell if the embassy has deposited passports after 221g and status is ready for interview.. but there has not been any updates since then... What should I do? And also Can I get my passport and resubmit them later.. because of some urgent work that came up I might need them this month.. any one with experience please help.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.